Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

critique my rant

but not spelling or grammar and shit. I give a fuck about that.

free country

I was leaving the grocery store, and I had pulled out to a red light when I saw an ever-present homeless person at the corner, begging. "shit" I said to myself as he walked over and motioned for me to roll down my window. I rolled it down.
    "Hey, whats up?" I said
    "Nothing, can you spare a little change?"
    "No, not really..."
    Honestly, I had no change on me. but even if I did, I thought to myself, what would this guy spend my money on? Probably spend it on some beer. I looked back in my car and saw what I had purchased. Some chips, some sliced turkey. A few tomatoes. And three 6 pack long necks of Bud.
    Fuck it. Who was I to judge this guy? He was going to spend my money on the same thing I was going to spend my money on. I pulled a couple buds out and held them up, and asked him if he would like them. His eyes lit up like a kid and he took them. He explained to me that he was going to have to go hide them across the street, so that the cops wouldnt confiscate them from him.
    "What?"
    "yeah, the cops will take em from me if they see me with it."
    "what the fuck? even if it isnt open?"
    "yeah"
    "what the fuck?"
    "what?"
    "nevermind, enjoy those beers, dude."
    What kind of fucking free country is that?
    Is it illegal to buy beer? sometimes
    Is it illegal to transport beer? sometimes.
    Is it illegal to consume beer? sometimes.
    what the fuck is sometimes? Its ok to drink beer in a house, but not in a store. unless the store is authorized by the government to sell beer. Its not ok to drink beer in your car. but it is ok to drink beer in a taxi. its not ok to drink beer on the street, but it is ok to drink beer in your front yard. unless you are drunk. then its public intoxication. It is ok to walk with a six pack of beer. It is not ok to beg on the side of the road with an unopened bottle of beer.
    Look, stupid fucks. Either beer is illegal or it is not. 'Sometimes' is for fucking idiots and tyrants. Who is anyone to decide what anyone else can fucking do? This is America, it is supposed to be where people can not shove you around just becuase they dont like you or your activities. If you dont like to see the fucking insane vietnam war veteran on the side of the road begging for change and drinking some beer, tough shit. Thats the price you pay for having low taxes (haha) and having spending cut from mental institutions that would have realized that someone that pisses in their pants and doesnt mind it is not right in the head. You want to kick someone who obviously cant care for themselves out on the street, and then you want them to just go away? They shouldnt be allowed to dull the pain with some hooch? Fuck you. Who the fuck are you to tell me I cant walk down the god damn street drinking a beer? who the fuck are you to tell me I cant open a hutch on the side of the street and sell some god damn beers to whoever the fuck I choose that drives by?
    Is beer illegal? sometimes
    what the fuck?
    If you are under 21 you cant drink beer.
    Who the fuck are you? you mean to tell me I cant take my 19 year old cousin, who just got through killing some fucking dune clowns in Iraq because YOU told him to... I cant take him to a god damn bar to meet some women before he gets sent back over there to get shot at again? I have to have the next door transvestite neighbors gay lover bribe a doorman with cocaine to sneak my brother into a shitty bar so we can play pool versus three ugly bitches that wont put out?
    'Sometimes' is for arbitrary enforcement to take the rule of law and punishment out of the hands of the law and into the discretion of a police officer or a judge. 'Sometimes' is for people in power who like to bend the rules to favor their friends and fellow back scratchers. 'sometimes' is for taking power out of the hands of many, and putting it into the hands of an individual. That is the definition of tyrrany.
    Take the power out of the hands of individuals. Its a simple concept. People love power and status. Power should be given by the people like a gift. Power should be able to be taken away easily by the people like a toy from a kid. The people sometimes refuse to give certain people a status of power, so those certain people think they should be able to 'earn' their power. Then they seek jobs as cops or judges. Your job, officer or judge, is not to be powerful over people.
    Take seat belts for instance. Click it or ticket. I very religiously put my seat belt on, but the other day, I got through running laps and my stomach was sweaty and I noticed my seat belt was getting all sweaty and I didnt want to get my funk caked into it. So I went to take it off. Then I thought to myself, "oh fuck, click it or ticket" Which pissed me off. I was going to leave it on, becuase I know i would be safer even with a sweaty crusty salt caked seat belt than with no seat belt at all. But then I saw the billboard of 4 idiot cops in various uniforms that are supposed to fill me with a feeling of awe and wonder of authority figures. Then I said fuck all 4 of you fucking cunts. I took my seat belt off just to spite the state.
    heres the real reason they want you to wear a seat belt. So your face doesnt go through the window at lower speeds and you wont sue the insurance comapany for plastic surgery. The insurance companies were the force behind the creation of that law. Its called the payout window. Nobody cares if you get hurt or not. I sure dont. The insurance company wants to protect its payout window though.
    Who the fuck are you to tell me I have to wear a seat belt when im in MY car driving on roads my dmv fees and gasoline taxes pay for? if you are a cop and you pull me over, what authority do you have over me to look after my own well being or the inherent beauty of my face? I have proven that I can make my own decisions by owning a car and maintaining it and repairing it, keeping it fueled and inspected and insured and registered and paying my taxes on it. Its none of your business whether Im going to put on my seat belt or not. Why not post huge billboards for something that will really help traffic and accidents. Make it say "get out of the fast lane when driving slow or ticket" or something useful. oh, because then you dont have a reason to stop me when I havent done anything wrong and search my car.
    Why cant a girl start a business braiding hair without a cosmetology license? Why can't a regular stiff come in off the street and serve beer to people? Why cant I be a door to door gasoline salesman? Why is the government constantly in my face?
    Because you love it that way, you love big government and you love someone telling you what to do and feeling safe.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -Benjamin Franklin

Modulistics post rating system. How did your post score?

epic
    +1
    fail
    epic fail

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

that shit is long jesus. if i get bored enough ill read it lol

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Just take some adderol and read the shit!

just kidding.

I forgot I was at ls1.com

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

modulistic, i'll gladly march with you, sir.

mwhbossman1983

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

that was great

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Sad but true.

I do however disagree with your seatbelt view. Getting into a serious wreck is a burden of everyone. If some illegal mexican with no insurance get's thrown out of his car he creates more time law enforcement have to deal with that problem when they could be helping the rest of us, if he is alive he takes an ambulance or helicopter trip which leaves one less ambulance or helicopter for us if we get a heart attack, they take up one more doctor in the emergency room that is making you wait with the nail in your skull because pablo has half his face road-rashed off, and since he has no insurance the cost is passed on to everyone else. Same goes for the guys on bikes that don't wear helmets.

I'm all for freedom and all that, but when your actions start going onto me that is fucking with my freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    Sad but true.

I do however disagree with your seatbelt view. Getting into a serious wreck is a burden of everyone. If some illegal mexican with no insurance get's thrown out of his car he creates more time law enforcement have to deal with that problem when they could be helping the rest of us, if he is alive he takes an ambulance or helicopter trip which leaves one less ambulance or helicopter for us if we get a heart attack, they take up one more doctor in the emergency room that is making you wait with the nail in your skull because pablo has half his face road-rashed off, and since he has no insurance the cost is passed on to everyone else. Same goes for the guys on bikes that don't wear helmets.

I'm all for freedom and all that, but when your actions start going onto me that is fucking with my freedom.

so why the FUCK dont the millions of kids that ride school buses everyday not even have the option to wear a seatbelt never understood that either

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I never wore a seatbelt either because of that same reason. I think it is bullshit to force someone to do something for their own safety. Speeding, DUI, etc are there to protect people from your stupidity, if you don't buckle up it is YOUR ass. I swore that I'd never wear one just because of the "click it or ticket" laws. Since December I've gotten 4 no seatbelt tickets (80$ a pop) so I had to change my tune because I like my money. I'm not happy about it, what is next, a ticket for running with scissors?

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Seats belt laws are JUST FOR MAKING MONEY for the courts, & state and local governments. Period! Another reason to get stopped and maybe find out other things wrong so that other tickets can be issued. It just kills me that people buy into that shit about giving up freedoms for safety reasons.

Don't tread on me!!! I wish to be FREE!!!

PS I wear mine all the time. Have for over 40 years.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

In 1984, Transport Canada crash tested three different sizes of school buses (one small bus, one van conversion type bus and one large bus), each containing unbelted and belted test dummies. The tests indicated that the use of a lap belt on forward-facing seats could increase the risk of head injuries during a severe frontal collision. In a head-on collision, the most common type of school bus crash, the occupant's head could hit the seat in front, resulting in severe or fatal head and neck injuries

I also wondered about that ...

NBM
    '00 Z28

Seatbelts -- I wear mine all the time. Yes, it's a money driven reason why there is a law. However, if everyone wore a seatbelt, everyone's insurance would be less expensive. Less money be paid out for the same crash, less premium.

Buses -- Kids are safer without the lapbelt. The seats are deisgned to cushion the impact and disburse the energy over a larger area as happens when a child's body hits the back of it instead of just their heads.

Beer -- I think the dirnking age should be 18. If you can die for your country, you should be able to have a f'ing beer. Period.

Bums -- If you've served this country, you should always have a warm place to sleep. If you're out on the street do to mental illness we as a society should help these people and our government should shelter them. If you're out on the street because of poor decisions and a lack of ambition, tough shit.

Lawmakers -- I think lawmakers and politicians should be from the people they represent. If you've never walked a mile in my shoes, don't tell me how to step motherf@#$! The people need to be represented from a wider variety of demographics. Why is it that its all upper middle class and upper class people that get voted into offices? I'll tell you what, if a guy who worked as a mechanic for 10-20 years ran for office; that'd be the bastard I'd vote for. He knows what it's like to bust his knuckles for every dime he brings home and what its like to be under appreciated. That man would be less likely to take so much for granted.

Modulistic, you're the man! If only there were more people that would just openly say "That's F'd up!" when stuff is f'd up. That's why I loved having Jesse Ventura as our governor a few years back.

Jesse Ventura told the people on welfare basically yeah you're having a rough time, and yeah we're going to help you. But, you've got five years to get on your feet. After that, uncle sugar is cutting you off. He also cut state backed college grants. Told people if they want to go to school that's great, if you want the government to pay for it, join the military. No more free rides.

Loved that guy.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Poppycock

I read it and experienced no surprises considering the person who posted it. As usual, all cops are labeled as bad and told to have relationships with themselves. Sigh. Just as usual, I differ with Modulistic

Now what?

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    but not spelling or grammar and shit. I give a fuck about that.

That is bad ass. Seriously, I'm glad I read that and that someone else out there feels the way I do about alcohol and seatbelt laws. I always wear my seatbelt and I hardly ever drink unless I'm fishing but I still think those laws are big time government money makers.

Shit
    Also, what about marijuana laws? Do you guys know WHY marijuana is illegal? Did you know that our founding fathers encouraged, if not mandated, its cultivation?

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stori...naIllegal.html

Also, here is some VERY handy information for when Johnny Law pulls you over and tells you he's going to search your car. BTW, tell him he's not, no matter what.

http://www.flexyourrights.org/

I was pulled over one night in my Camaro for a license plate light being out. What a shock, it wasn't. After the cop saw my NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) sticker on my back window he told me to get out of the car because he was going to search it. I rolled my windows up, took the keys out of the ignition, stepped out of the car, locked the doors, tucked the keys around my nuts, then shut the door. I told him that he'd have to get a warrant and even then he wouldn't be searching it unless he broke my window. This was at 10:15 P.M. and guess what, he wasn't able to obtain that warrant. My dad is friends with the judge and the judge told my dad that having a sticker on your back window does not constitute probable cause for a search. You see, cops aren't near as powerful as they think they are. That cop got a lesson in civil rights that night.
    Last edited by FuxOnTheFirstDate; 06-28-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    I read it and experienced no surprises considering the person who posted it. As usual, all cops are labeled as bad and told to have relationships with themselves. Sigh. Just as usual, I differ with Modulistic

Now what?
    Agreed. Its insane to think he can say all cops are bad or flexing all the time yet does nothing but make thoeries up on the internet.

Then they seek jobs as cops or judges. Your job, officer or judge, is not to be powerful over people.

Wow so cops should ask a drug dealer if he should be arrested, and judges should be told to screw over the system for laws that fit mods rights so he can sleep at night.

"yeah, the cops will take em from me if they see me with it."
    "what the fuck? even if it isnt open?"
    "yeah"
    "what the fuck?"
    "what?"
    "nevermind, enjoy those beers, dude."
    What kind of fucking free country is that?
    Is it illegal to buy beer? sometimes
    Is it illegal to transport beer? sometimes.
    Is it illegal to consume beer? sometimes.

So again what right is being violated by saying a homeless guy cannot be intoxicated in public? What right is being violated by having regulations for a product that is proven to make you loose your better judgment?

Shit
    I think you're missing the point, Bigrus. He is saying that the cops would take the UNOPENED beer from him if they see it, which they more than likely would. I used to go riding around with a state trooper and he said that profiling was basically the foundation they used to do their jobs. Ask yourself this, are you more likely to make a drug bust on a 70 year old white male dressed in a suit driving a Lexus or a 25 year old black male in a wife beater driving the same kind of car?

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    I think you're missing the point, Bigrus. He is saying that the cops would take the UNOPENED beer from him if they see it, which they more than likely would. I used to go riding around with a state trooper and he said that profiling was basically the foundation they used to do their jobs. Ask yourself this, are you more likely to make a drug bust on a 70 year old white male dressed in a suit driving a Lexus or a 25 year old black male in a wife beater driving the same kind of car?

I know very well about profiling. However he is homeless therfor he will be drinking on the street, and homless shelters do not allow alcohol. so either way it needs to be taken from him.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post

Wow so cops should ask a drug dealer if he should be arrested, and judges should be told to screw over the system for laws that fit mods rights so he can sleep at night.
    LMAO, are you serious? A drug dealer has the same rights that you or I have UNLESS the cop sees him or her do something illegal. Cops try their hardest every day to violate the rights of various people so that they can make busts, write tickets, etc. Any time a cop tells you "Get out of the car. I'm searching it," he or she is either clueless about citizens' constitutional rights or he or she doesn't care and they are hoping that you don't know your rights. I love this quote by Thomas Jefferson "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." A judge shouldn't screw over the system for one person's thoughts. A judge (or any law enforcement offical, for that matter) should be able to differentiate between legal/illegal and moral/immoral (or just/unjust). Any moron with an above room temperature IQ realizes that carrying an UNOPENED 6 pack down the street isn't wrong or immoral and neither is making the PERSONAL decision to wear or not to wear a safety belt. Yet people that are unable to think for themselves put the hurt on Joe Citizen every day for these things because "it's the law". What a crock of shit. What happened to "discretion" anyway? Once again, it is lost because these high school educated (if that) cops can't think for themselves and do what they do because it is the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information