Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

crappy trip to dealership

so yeah I was going to check out a 99 corvette hard top today that one of my coworkers told me about at a local dealership. the dealer had a really good price on it and I had already called the bank to make sure I could get a loan till I sold my jetta. (of course they said and told me my limit was 15k. way more than I would have ever wanted) so I was ready to possibly buy this corvette. I went to the dealer and told the salesman that I wanted to check out the corvette. he said "you're too young to be buying a car like that, I'm not letting you go on some joy ride in it". at first I brushed it off and told him that I was in a good financial position even considering my age and position. He said "I know you don't have the money for this car you're too young to". I told him " fuck you, I just called the bank to make sure I'd have enough if I decided to buy it. I was just wanting to test drive it before I called my wife and told her that I found the perfect car" so in the end, my wife doesn't get to see me in a corvette (her favorite car) and I'm still driving my econobox jetta and waiting on another good deal on a good sports car to come up.

btw. I can afford it. I can afford the 1300 dollars a year for insurance that I got quoted for full coverage. I can drive a 6speed exceedingly well for someone my age. and I haven't had a speeding ticket in 3.7 years. I just really want a sports car again.

I'm done ranting. I was just hoping to be able to pop on here and say that I got another chevy performance car and not that I still haven't put my engine into my camaro in the passed year and a half. I just don't have the time to put together the car.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Go back and talk to someone else! Get the approval from your bank and bring it along to show them you have your own financing. They want to sell that car

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Go back and talk to someone else! Get the approval from your bank and bring it along to show them you have your own financing. They want to sell that car
    i don't really want it anymore... not that specific one at least

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Well then, next time, walk in with proof of financing and drive out with the Vette you want

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Go into the dealship and talk to the boss. tell him you will buy the car, but because the salesman was such an asshole you want him fired. After he fires him, you will be more then happy to go in and do the paperwork.

white
    94 camaro z28

i normally only go to dealerships in the porsche. I never get any problems when I pull up in it. the bmw dealership was trying to get me to test drive a 2011 m3 when I was there. I just wanted to test out the used porsche cayman they had on the lot.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    i normally only go to dealerships in the porsche. I never get any problems when I pull up in it. the bmw dealership was trying to get me to test drive a 2011 m3 when I was there. I just wanted to test out the used porsche cayman they had on the lot.
    What kind of porsche?

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Power View Post
    What kind of porsche?
    Black 74 porsche 911s targa. restored with origional fuchs. the car just got a touch up paint job 3 months ago, so it looks perfect.

oh yeah if you're interested the porsche is up for sale for 20,000. about an average price for it.
    Last edited by jimmybling31; 03-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Awaiting Activation

Aren't you the kid that was just talking about having to be on WIC and foodstamps at one time?

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153417

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    Aren't you the kid that was just talking about having to be on WIC and foodstamps at one time?

http://ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153417
    No. I did 2.5 years ago. I don't have any financial problems anymore. I've been at the same IT job for 2 years now. Make about 55k a year now. about to own my own house. read what I posted.

btw we got married 2.5 years ago. she hasn't had it since we got married.

also, I inherited the porsche from my parents for them thinking I have actually worked hard to get what I have now. I work 50+ hours a week and do web design, desktop repair, network repair, network infrastructure, and server repair. I drive it less than 2k miles a year even though we rebuilt it recently.

If you want to see where I work I work here http://phoenixhightech.com/ it's a small IT company based in chattanooga that services small businesses in the area. I worked hard as hell to get on my feet so fast. I dress to match as well.
    Last edited by jimmybling31; 03-14-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Ray Charles blue

The 99 FRC is a cool car. Not many made.

Sorry the dealership had a jerk like that there. It sucks. Even if you dont want that car I would go back and get the sales guy shit canned.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i had the same thing happen last week to me....i was looking at a 05 avalanche...fair price on it...im 25, so i dont have that "punk kid" look to me, but i happened to have my 95 dodge ram with me...its a clean truck, but they see "old truck" im financially stable and could EASILY get the loan for the 'lanche...well this older salesman comes out, i ask price on the lance and the salesmans was like its a little out of your price range...i told hims wtf its out of my price range...he said yea driving a truck like that means u dont have the money for this truck here...i said well ill come back on a day when your not being a fucking dick....he said excuse me, and i said in a very loud tone "ill come back on a day when your not being a fucking dick, got in my truck, and tried to shut the door in which he held me from shutting it...i said get your fucking hands off my old beater of a god damned truck, and he was wanting to explain his actions so i put my truck in gear and gave it hell, ripping the door out of his hands....went home and then called their customer suervice about this salesman.....whats funny is i used to be a car salesman.....i never pulled the "its out of your price range" card on anyone..hell i even let grungy looking kids that were drop outs from high school and drive any car they wanted on the lot knowing well aghead of time they clearly didnt have the money......some peoples nerve these days

where as other dealerships, ive driven c6 z06's.....im 6'6 and my damn right leg will fall asleep in 15 minutes....which sucks balls. driven gto's escalades, avalanches, ctsv's. some very expensive cars. all i had to say is im interested and most sales people will grab the keys at the drop of a pin
    Last edited by SteveCZ28; 03-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

wow that sucks! i went to the ford dealership only one that sells svt's and wanted to take a gt 500 out for a test drive saying i was interested in buying one. can't drive the new ones unless you buy it. but there was one inside he was gonna let me drive ended up being rainy that day so i didn't test drive the car but could have. maybe cause i was driving my vette that he though i was serious idk the valued my car at 13 for a trade in too. i'm only 18 and he would have let me take the car for a ride. i'd go back and complain for sure to doubt about it every person should be taken seriously. i've heard stories were someone won the lottery the salesmen didn't know guy goes in says he want over 20 truck the guy laughs at him and tells him to get lost well he got fired!

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    i had the same thing happen last week to me....i was looking at a 05 avalanche...fair price on it...im 25, so i dont have that "punk kid" look to me, but i happened to have my 95 dodge ram with me...its a clean truck, but they see "old truck" im financially stable and could EASILY get the loan for the 'lanche...well this older salesman comes out, i ask price on the lance and the salesmans was like its a little out of your price range...i told hims wtf its out of my price range...he said yea driving a truck like that means u dont have the money for this truck here...i said well ill come back on a day when your not being a fucking dick....he said excuse me, and i said in a very loud tone "ill come back on a day when your not being a fucking dick, got in my truck, and tried to shut the door in which he held me from shutting it...i said get your fucking hands off my old beater of a god damned truck, and he was wanting to explain his actions so i put my truck in gear and gave it hell, ripping the door out of his hands....went home and then called their customer suervice about this salesman.....whats funny is i used to be a car salesman.....i never pulled the "its out of your price range" card on anyone..hell i even let grungy looking kids that were drop outs from high school and drive any car they wanted on the lot knowing well aghead of time they clearly didnt have the money......some peoples nerve these days
    I was dressed in a clean golf shirt and had khakis on with coach deck shoes on. I dress the part of my job. my 2001 jetta doesn't match my job, but oh well. I can't drive a classic car every day so my jetta does me till I get another sports car.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

That's screwy

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    In my end of PA. you can't even sit in a Vette unless papers are started..

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Seriously? You must be in the ass-end because up here you can.

white
    94 camaro z28

that is kinda messed up. never had any issue with that here till today

white
    94 camaro z28

i do have to say my jetta does give off the young punk look I guess. it's a 2001 jetta tdi with some serious engine mods, 19" wheels, and aftermarket grills. but it looks right together.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Even a 99?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information