Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Cowboy's JJ admits a mistake

JJ admits a mistake wait, he never makes a mistakes...right?

The Dallas Cowboys fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan after last season, and Ryan gave the famous quote that he would be out of work "for like five minutes."

His bravado was correct. The Saints hired him shortly after he was fired and Ryan has completely turned around a New Orleans defense that ranked dead last in the league last year. Who has taken the Saints' spot at the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL? Yep, the Dallas Cowboys.

That might get a man like Cowboys owner Jerry Jones to thinking, especially after seeing his defense give up 40 first downs (!!!) to the Saints on Sunday night.

"We thought it was best for us to go in the direction that we are, and it doesn't look good right now," Jones said to ESPNDallas.com.
    Oh, you think so, doctor?

The Cowboys replaced Ryan with 73-year-old Monte Kiffin, who was coming off a failure at USC. Kiffin is one of the titans of the game among assistant coaches, but he doesn't seem to be the right fit in Dallas. The Cowboys broke an NFL record by allowing four 400-yard games by quarterbacks in a season, and broke that record in their eighth game. Drew Brees took it easy on them Sunday night and threw for just 392 yards.

Here's more from the Cowboys owner: "Hopefully we can make it look good," Jones told reporters after Sunday's game. "But I have all the feelings that you have anytime you want to look back at a decision and I realize when some of them work you have to have a few things go along with it and candidly we’re having some of the same things that Rob had last year."

The Cowboys have dealt with a lot of defensive injuries, and suffered another tough one Sunday night when linebacker Sean Lee hurt his hamstring. The defense won't get much better as long Lee is out. Still, Jones would probably be better off with Ryan dealing with those injuries than Kiffin. The Saints have dealt with plenty of injuries this year as well.

Jones has made a few poor decisions as Cowboys owner (and, to be fair, some good ones too). Every week that his defense gives up a ton of yards and points in front of him, and perhaps blows the team's chances of winning the NFC East, he'll be reminded of one of his biggest recent errors.

I would change this line to "made many poor decisions"

Y! SPORTS

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Dallas sucks ass.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

did I mention im a saints fan...? This sunday was awesome for me...I wouldnt give Dallas too much credit for allowing an ungodly amount of yards though...who cant acknowledge Drew Brees' awesomeness...?

Good ole Jerry Jones just keeps coming up with ways to screw one of the most powerful teams in the NFL...First, he signed Romo to a contract that one of like 3 people in the NFL deserves "and he aint one of em". Second, he brought in Kiffin's dad who is 1 step away from a nursing home and could not come remotely close to being what Rob Ryan is right now...Third, in 2009 he sent Detroit a 1st round pick, a 3rd round pick, and 6th round picks...he missed some rock stars in that draft. Fourth, he signed Roy Williams to a massive contract in like 2009...and then just like he did with Romo "he added to it and extended it to like $54million"...he has been making terrible decisions as an owner for YEARS. I dont see it changing anytime soon...more money than sense. His bad decisions from the past 3-4 years are still causing issues today.

He also fired some guy named Jimmy Johnson a while back...not that it would make a huge difference now because he would probably be the GM or retired...
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 11-12-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

you forgot he also passed on Brees as a QB.

Are we talking about R Williams the Safety or WR?

Safety was worth every penny till the NFl took away his tackling ability.

WR - waited too, too long to get him, by then his skills were already fading
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 11-12-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    you forgot he also passed on Brees as a QB.

Are we talking about R Williams the Safety or WR?

Safety was worth every penny till the NFl took away his tackling ability.

WR - waited too, too long to get him, by then his skills were already fading
    I was talking about the receiver...you guys interested in this guy? He just hit the market...

Houston Texans release Ed Reed - ESPN

I can somewhat understand the Drew Brees thing if it was after his surgery on his arm...that was a pretty big risk that most teams were not willing to take. Im glad he healed up...and im really glad he landed in New Orleans, but it could have been a disaster...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the Cowboys firing Rob Ryan is only a mistake from a certain perspective because from where I sit it's the best thing he's done in a long time. Our D has saved our O's ass more than once this year already.

red
    95 Z28

Jerry Jones' only mistake is NOT letting someone else run the team. 8-8

White
    '10 ZR1

I hope Jerry stops realizing his mistakes! I do not want them to improve!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Until JJ admits he is the hindering mistake that has made Dallas Americas Mediocre Drama Team for nearly two decades now, I don't care. He needs to fire himself.

White
    '10 ZR1

Fact is, the Cowpies have a shit-ton of talent - the coaches just can't get them all on the same page as a team.

That Sean Lee is awesome - and now he's hurt too.

Thread Information