Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6

Cops in my neighborhood

I got pulled over today because the cop said,"I pulled u over because you were intentionally obstructing the flow of traffic. U were doing 30 but when I got close to u, u decreased to 25. The speed limit is 35.". I responded that I slowed because the s curve sign says 25. He responded that that the yellow sign is not the speed limit. Held me for five minutes then gave me a warning ticket. They always socially profile and I recently scratched up my old camry. I wanted to respond with asshole, but my ins card said expired aug 1. I'm still pissed. If it weren't for the md thing I probably would have had a ticket.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

You have to be careful. The forum rules say that bashing of law enforcement is not allowed. That being said, I feel ya. I am glad I don't live in a small town anymore. I wouldn't be able to own this car. It would be nonstop.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

He probably gave you a warning because he knew he was wrong and would look like a douche if you fought the ticket.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

If it makes you feel any better, (prob not) I was doing 60 passing this car yesterday, saw another car needed passed, so I went up to 85 to get around him quick. It was a state trooper, didn't even get pulled over.

Luckily cops have better things to do than that crap you got pulled over for.

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

that suxs bro... ill be pissed too, they do it cuz they had nothing to do.. just bothering people..

i didnt know that bout the rules.. no wonder preston gave me a warning on that a while ago... talking bad things bout cops..

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yellow speed limit signs are cautionary or advisory speed limits in case of poor or inclement weather. realistically they don't have to be followed at any point in time...only the white signs must be obeyed at all times.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it must be totally awesome being a cop you know how many times I've been behind someone that was slow poking along and wished I could just pull their ass over and hassle the shit out of them? That alone would be worth trying to make it through the academy at 40.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

this gives me a thread idea...

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Haha I know what ya mean, I have been pulled over for going 10 in a 35 at the street races. In 2 1/2 years I have had my '89 Camaro I was pulled over over 76 times. I had a tally in my car on a lilttle notebook but it was stolen when my car got broken into. I think one of the dumbest times I was pulled over was for driving barefooted or driving with my brights on when no cars were infront of me. My advice, fight EVERY ticket. I fought a street racing ticket, an undcover cop video taped me racing the entire 1/4 mile. I won and got it dropped!

Black
    2002 WS6

Two months ago my buddy and I were pulled over for no front bumper on his huntin truck. The guy is a pharmacist. We tried to explain that we've never heard of that law. After five min. He let us go get this, first question out of his mouth was,"son, what do u do for a livin." lol. Well I'm a pharmacist and my buddy is a doctor. We r going to plant some trees At a rental. Sorry about the typos. Stupid iPad

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Young11b View Post
    I was pulled over was for driving barefooted
    You were pulled over for driving barefooted? Jeep with the doors off?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Nah, he probably got pulled over for no reason and they came up with some bullshit excuse to nail him.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Nah, he probably got pulled over for no reason and they came up with some bullshit excuse to nail him.
    I figured as much but just pointed it out cause it sounded funny.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    yellow speed limit signs are cautionary or advisory speed limits in case of poor or inclement weather. realistically they don't have to be followed at any point in time...only the white signs must be obeyed at all times.
    I'm thinking that red octagonal sign with the word STOP in the middle of it is pretty important as well...

White
    1998 Z28

My dad always said that STOP stands for Slight Tap On Peddle.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

we have a few of those kind here in OK. it seems like when im not doing anything wrong i get in trouble but when i am doing something wrong i dont. case in point: just about anytime i drive through Tuttle, OK i get pulled over and harassed because my car is loud but i went out on a back road in newcastle where there is no traffic and did a few 0-100 pulls and all the officer did was tell me to slow down and that i had a nice car lol

Black
    2002 firebird T/A WS6-A4

when i was back in high school i was into 4x4 trucks, i would buy farm trucks for dirt cheap jack em up and beat the hell outta them till they died. at the time NH wasnt basing their inspections of a database so you could easily slip a shady inspector a 30 rack and get a sticker.end of My senior year they changed over to the database so the state could track who was issuing what inspection tags, so shops got real strict quick cause they didnt want to lose their license. I figured, there are only two cops in my town ill just not get an inspection. So late one night im going home in my latest truck, a 73 chevy one ton with a flat bed, 454 on headers and turn downs with more rust than solid body, and wouldn't you know i get pulled over. the cop goes through the normal lic reg etc, comes back and is like um its august why isnt this thing inspected yet? it was suppose to be done in april..... so i try to feed him this story of work and not having time he obv doesnt buy it. He goes back to the car and it feels like an hour has gone by before he comes back. When he finally does he is amazed that after checking twice this is the only time ive been pulled over for this. trust me the truck looked bad enough you could tell just by looking at it. Needless to say he lets me off saying he will ticket me if i cant get it inspected by the end of the week or tren in the reg. I tried that whole week to get a sticker, didnt happen, had to turn in the reg.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Young infantryman, if you had it "dropped" it wasn't a trial. You didn't win anything. Pulled over 76 times in a 2.5 year period? Does anybody here truly feel that is a remark that is telling about the cops or this young man?

White
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    No Camaro lol, he pullled me over for speeding, gave me a warning and a ticket for the bare feet...
    Last edited by Young11b; 08-23-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information