Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cop shoots biker

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...cal&id=7433661

What do you guys think? I think the cop should be behind bars.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

give him 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    give him 20 years
    He was even shooting in the direction of the other cop.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

lol, the cops defense in the video is that "he was moving his hand around to the side instead of up"...

... When the biker probably couldn't hear the cop saying "put your hands up" in the first place, considering the exhaust noise of two Harleys and the sirens of two police cars.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Don't matter. you never shoot anyone in the back. WTF is wrong with him?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Cop should have claimed an accidental discharge. Either way that douche won't be running from the cops again...or running at all

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Cop should have claimed an accidental discharge. Either way that douche won't be running from the cops again...or running at all
    Uh, what? He didn't run from the cops. The fast acceleration was before the officer attempted to pull them over. After the lights and sirens came on, the biker who was shot stopped his bike.

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    He wasn't running from the cops... They said he thought it was his friend in the car behind him heading to the party. When the cop turned his lights on he stopped.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Uh, what? He didn't run from the cops. The fast acceleration was before the officer attempted to pull them over. After the lights and sirens came on, the biker who was shot stopped his bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    He wasn't running from the cops... They said he thought it was his friend in the car behind him heading to the party. When the cop turned his lights on he stopped.
    Just going by the vid, the cop was following the bikers from 2.14.17 to 2.16.33 when the cop hit his lights. So you are telling me for two and a half minutes they couldn't tell a cop was behind them with the last 5 seconds being at a dead stop...bullshit I know when a cop's behind me within seconds and so do most people. Not only that but for 13ish seconds with full lights/sirens those fuckers were pulling hard with one losing control around a corner and the other stopping probably only because the other cruiser was in front of him.

Did he deserve to get shot hell no...a good tazering with him sitting on the bike would've been perfect.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

It's a hard decision from both sides, but it sure is kind of shocking to see.

On one hand, I wouldn't want to be a cop, period, because of the danger of the job.

On the other, the biker didn't even make any kind of FAST attempt at a 'gun'.

I guess if I get pulled over I'm going to stop, shut off the bike and freeze like I'm already paralyzed so I don't become paralyzed.

Black
    99 Z28

well, the dash cam had a pretty good view that there wasn't a gun, but the dash cam was further to the right than the officer's view. He was being ordered to put his hands up, he didn't. He made a movement with his hand from what the officer would see from his hip to move behind him. I'd have to say the cop was perhaps a little trigger happy on that one. A nice tazing would have done fine on that one, gun or no gun being drawn. I have had a gun drawn on me for speeding as well.

Oh, yes, the were running, that was pretty clear.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

You don't/can't run from cops on a Harley.

'69 Camaro

Down at the bottom it says he was found guilty of felonious assault

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C&I View Post
    Down at the bottom it says he was found guilty of felonious assault
    Yup

TOLEDO, OH (WTVG) -- After several hours of deliberating, the jury has found Officer White guilty of felonious assault with a gun specification. He could face up to 11 years.

At around 8 pm on Friday, 13abc learned White was found guilty. That morning, the prosecutor and defense attorney gave closing arguments. Prosecutors say Officer Thomas White failed to protect and serve when he shot Michael McCloskey Junior in the back and paralyzed him. The jury had to decide if Officer White was justified in the shooting.

The defense argued Officer White believed McCloskey had a gun and feared for his life. Prosecutor Jeff Lingo says, "Officer White rushed to judgment, shot, critically injured, permanently disabled McCloskey for traffic violations."

White's attorney Jerome Phillips says, "You don't get a time out and go and tap the individual on the shoulder and say before we enter the next phase, the dangerous phase, where I'm going to have my gun out, and let's talk about this and see what's going on."

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Yup

TOLEDO, OH (WTVG) -- After several hours of deliberating, the jury has found Officer White guilty of felonious assault with a gun specification. He could face up to 11 years.

At around 8 pm on Friday, 13abc learned White was found guilty. That morning, the prosecutor and defense attorney gave closing arguments. Prosecutors say Officer Thomas White failed to protect and serve when he shot Michael McCloskey Junior in the back and paralyzed him. The jury had to decide if Officer White was justified in the shooting.

The defense argued Officer White believed McCloskey had a gun and feared for his life. Prosecutor Jeff Lingo says, "Officer White rushed to judgment, shot, critically injured, permanently disabled McCloskey for traffic violations."

White's attorney Jerome Phillips says, "You don't get a time out and go and tap the individual on the shoulder and say before we enter the next phase, the dangerous phase, where I'm going to have my gun out, and let's talk about this and see what's going on."

Good Riddance.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

What can we all learn from this? Carry a gun, you'll be shot anyway.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I normally support the Police, but I can't see what the biker did wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    well, the dash cam had a pretty good view that there wasn't a gun, but the dash cam was further to the right than the officer's view. He was being ordered to put his hands up, he didn't. He made a movement with his hand from what the officer would see from his hip to move behind him. I'd have to say the cop was perhaps a little trigger happy on that one. A nice tazing would have done fine on that one, gun or no gun being drawn. I have had a gun drawn on me for speeding as well.

Oh, yes, the were running, that was pretty clear.
    I don't think the guy did enough to even be tased let alone shot in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I normally support the Police, but I can't see what the biker did wrong.
    I have a lot of friends and family that are cops, but this guy shouldn't have been a cop.

Buy Domestic, Buy a Lexus The Project's Avatar

Red Jewel
    2010 SS

I hope the victim sues the cop and the department for milions and wins.

Let's hope the cop ends up in a cell with "Bubba" so Bubba can teach him all of prison's social graces!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information