tbyrne

The "Contractor that screwed me" update

A few people have e-mailed to see how the saga is doing. I've been trying to keep the website up to date. The only thing I need to add to that is info from my BBB complaint. He confirmed that he offered me $3k in the past but I didn't think it was enough. He says that he has withdrawn that offer because of what I've been doing to get my $ and warning others about him. He's come across some of the posts on the net and named them in his rebuttal My attorney sent him another letter that states that he should pay me or be sued under Article 93A. I would be awarded double or triple damages plus my attorney's fees. He finally got a lawyer and had a response issued. It said the same as the rebuttal so we'll see what happens when this goes to court. I should have a date for that soon.

His hometown paper, (The Auburn News) ran a story about how he took $ from his neighbor and didn't complete her job. The Webster news ran the same story and I currently have an ad in the Auburn news advising people to check out the site before they hire someone to do work for them so I think enough people are finding out what's happening. I've also "heard" that all of the neighbors that live around him know what he's been doing. I'm surprized he even leaves the house now but he did change his license plate and has disconnected his business numbers. The neighbor that he took $ from tells me that his truck usually doesn't leave the driveway. He owes her under $2k so that will probably goto small claims court.

I've been told that since he did this while he was married, there is a chance that a lien might be put against his wife's house even through his name isn't on it. Everything is supposed to be 50/50 during a divorce so maybe it will work the same here.

Not all contractors are bad through. One read the story about what he did to his neighbor so he's offered to take care of the work for close to nothing. He'll get good publicity from that. There is suposed to be a follow-up article coming out soon.

So the saga continues...

www.bewarehomeandgarden.com

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that guys a prick for sure...i can't stand people who try to get over on others like that. props to you for being so assertive

98 Formula
    06 duramax

thanks for the update. I remember reading your original stuff on this.

tbyrne
    Thanks! A press release is going to be sent out soon. That will help get the work out!

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    thanks for the update. I remember reading your original stuff on this.
    +1

FWIW, if I had time I'd set up a similar site for a national carpet installer that is out to screw the consumer.

Thread Information