no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Concerned about things.....

Im concerned and im wondering who can help me.....

Yesterday i was informed by my friend that his friend who has a 1996 honda del sol that makes 195 hp to the wheels can "double clutch" on the highway in 4th gear and light the tires up.

I have been informed that an aquaintance wants to race me with an SRT-4. it is running 27 pounds of boost...stock, and turns low 12s. stock.

i have been challenged by an lt1 owner with a mild cam and headers to race on the highway. apparently he's making 400 horsepower and he "doesnt need a tune, would make it slower".

i just heard by a fellow f body owner that his mickey thomspon drag radials netted him 10 hp and with just a 3200 stall and catback he's running a 12.20. he also said that when he gets a 75 shot he'll be running low 10's.

am i missing something here?

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post

Yesterday i was informed by my friend that his friend who has a 1996 honda del sol that makes 195 hp to the wheels can "double clutch" on the highway in 4th gear and light the tires up.

I have been informed that an aquaintance wants to race me with an SRT-4. it is running 27 pounds of boost...stock, and turns low 12s. stock.

i have been challenged by an lt1 owner with a mild cam and headers to race on the highway. apparently he's making 400 horsepower and he "doesnt need a tune, would make it slower".

i just heard by a fellow f body owner that his mickey thomspon drag radials netted him 10 hp and with just a 3200 stall and catback he's running a 12.20. he also said that when he gets a 75 shot he'll be running low 10's.

well woww.....

del sol lighting up in 4th - i don't think so

27#s and low 12's stock - not a chance. No factory car has boost #s anywhere near that.

LT1 guy could be close to 400hp - but that would flywheel only. But with a mild cam i bet he isn't even near 400 flywheel.

And the f-body guy - I could see possibly a 12.2 if he cut an awesome 60' time with the M/T's - so that may not be total b.s.
    But the 75 shot putting him at low 10's is -- general rule 10hp= .1 sec so a 75 shot would be about .7 sec ......so 12.2 - .7 = 11.5 if hes lucky

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    well woww.....

del sol lighting up in 4th - i don't think so

27#s and low 12's stock - not a chance. No factory car has boost #s anywhere near that.

LT1 guy could be close to 400hp - but that would flywheel only. But with a mild cam i bet he isn't even near 400 flywheel.

And the f-body guy - I could see possibly a 12.2 if he cut an awesome 60' time with the M/T's - so that may not be total b.s.
    But the 75 shot putting him at low 10's is -- general rule 10hp= .1 sec so a 75 shot would be about .7 sec ......so 12.2 - .7 = 11.5 if hes lucky
    it seems that in a city and surrounding area of well over 1 million, i am surrounded by douche bags.

thanks for putting my nerves to rest. its funny what people will say when no one has to talk in the first place.....

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

hell...if tires alone are nettin this guy 10 horse...shit...i'm buyin four and gettin 20!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I love the al the those claims to fame!

Just tell all those bozo's that you are getting the ultimate 'sticker mod' secondgearscratch and because of that:

You can't be Beat!
    You won't be Beat!

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post

Just tell all those bozo's that you are getting the ultimate 'sticker mod' secondgearscratch and because of that:

You can't be Beat!
    You won't be Beat!

yeah i guess i'll get a MUGEN sticker.....

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Lol
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

See, ricer mentality isn't limited to imports alone. WOW. Hahaha.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post

You can't be Beat!
    You won't be Beat!
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

what a retard... double clutch?!?! we have fucking syncros in our trannys now so that we don't have to do taht any more... the jack ass obviously doesn't know how to drive and talks shit out his ass that he learned from the fast and furious...

permision to kill him first...

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    what a retard... double clutch?!?! we have fucking syncros in our trannys now so that we don't have to do taht any more... the jack ass obviously doesn't know how to drive and talks shit out his ass that he learned from the fast and furious...

permision to kill him first...
    i cant believe the amount of people that say they double cutch when they drag race. i simply ask them to explain how, and they walk away.

hmmmm.....

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit

You are missing something. It is called stupidity and/or ignorance. Only you and very few others can recognize it because you yourself are not stupid and/or ignorant.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

Sarge added 50 rwhp by putting those stickers under his hood!
    Click for full size

tater_salad
    Make sure you tell them to check their turn signal fluid before they come get some.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

HAHAHAHA!!!! Some peoples chirens!!!!! But you can run about 27 psi in a stock turbo skittle......for about 1/2 a second.....then your compressor housing goes....BOOOOOMMMMMMM!! HAHA

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    Make sure you tell them to check their turn signal fluid before they come get some.
    And don't neglect the muffler bearings. If you look around, you can usually find a group buy on blinker fluid and muffler bearings. Best way to go.

tater_salad
    If he changes his turn signal fluid at the exact time in that Del Sol, it'll give it 27 hp at the left rear wheel, but only if he does it at 2:27 am wearing only his boxers and bunny slippers outside of an outhouse.

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by tater_salad View Post
    If he changes his turn signal fluid at the exact time in that Del Sol, it'll give it 27 hp at the left rear wheel, but only if he does it at 2:27 am wearing only his boxers and bunny slippers outside of an outhouse.
    I'd say he's fujucked then.

Thread Information