Black
    1999 Trans am

COMCAST - Flitering/Rejecting your downloads

Thats right i've learned that comcast is now starting to filter OUR DOWNLOADS, I've started wondering why if i'm downloading a large file (COD and Crysis) demos and LEGAL copies of programs from my school why my download rate either drops to nothing or goes to 5Kbps, because comcast is trying to battle internet pirating of movies, mp3's and programs.

Right now as far as i know this has been taken to the supreme court. Because it's been focused on BitTorrent, however it effects all large downloads. THIS IS THE MAIN REASON WHY i have high speed internet, if comcast is going to do this i'll go with DSL or back to dial up.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...8EZEQD8SCATKO0

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21376597/

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8SCJ1PO0.html

This is absolute crap i've started to notice it on my gaming experience when BF2 servers are fully loaded.

black
    98 WS6

yup, I read about it last week. they suck, hopefully no other companies will go the same route.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

It would actually be kinda cool if they did and everyone dropped high speed and went back to dial up and the high speed companies fell on their ass. Might teach them to leave politics and crime to the politicians and courts. I have cable and would definitely miss it. Not sure if I could ever do the dial up thing again but I'm pretty stubborn. If they done that to me I'd probably be hearing modem sounds again. High speed people pay a premium for a reason, limiting download speed takes away from that reason.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Hell...my problem with Comcast right now is the fact that ANYTHING I have uploaded on my webspace isn't working.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    It would actually be kinda cool if they did and everyone dropped high speed and went back to dial up and the high speed companies fell on their ass. Might teach them to leave politics and crime to the politicians and courts. I have cable and would definitely miss it. Not sure if I could ever do the dial up thing again but I'm pretty stubborn. If they done that to me I'd probably be hearing modem sounds again. High speed people pay a premium for a reason, limiting download speed takes away from that reason.
    I read that they were justifying their action with the efforts to keep the high speeds for their users. Some people dl large files all the time were slowing down the speeds for everybody else.
    I call BS anyway

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, it's just one big ball of bullshit. Just like insurance companies. Liars and thieves.

Thread Information