Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Colts fans want ticket money back..

Have you heard about this crap?? I dint post a link but am sure can find one easily ..

Here is my stand .. Hell No you dont get your money back.. You bought a ticket to see the Colts play not win.. We all saw them play .. Do you get your money back every time your team losses ... Lions would go broke so would the Redskins . Get over yourself ..

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Are you fucking serious?!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Indianapolis politician thinks Colts fans deserve a refund

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 29, 2009 9:48 AM ET
    Two days later, Indianapolis fans are still furious that coach Jim Caldwell gave up on a chance at a perfect season and removed Peyton Manning and other key players in the third quarter of the Colts' loss to the Jets.

Those fans are joined in their fury by a powerful local politician.

Beurt SerVaas, a former councilman who overcame an oddly spelled name to become one of the most influential people in the city, has drafted a City-County Council resolution demanding that the NFL refund the money paid for tickets.

SerVaas was incensed that the Colts decided not to go for the win on Sunday and he doesn't think it's fair to charge full price for tickets to a game the Colts aren't trying to win. However, he apparently doesn't have anyone on the council willing to sponsor his resolution.

"Everyone likes to play Monday-morning quarterback," said Republican Ryan Vaughn, who is described by the Indianapolis Star as both the likely next council president and a season-ticket holder. "I think we have better things to do with our time than second-guess the decisions made by the Colts coaches."

Even if the council did pass such a resolution, the odds of the NFL refunding fans' tickets are exactly zero. But it's hard to blame the folks in Indianapolis for being angry.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

A super bowl win will likely shut them all up.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I was actually thinking about this earlier this week and I kinda agree with them. Football is entertainment plain and simple and the colts let their paying viewers down when they don't do all they can to win. I bet if no one bought any tickets the colts would sing a different tune. What if every single fan decided that since the colts clinched home field a few weeks ago that they wouldn't buy any more tickets the rest of the year? Same thing the colts did by saying "we clinched so we're not worried about trying to win." I guess I see the fans point somewhat....what I also see is that those fans would be extremely pissed if Manning were to get a career ending injury late in a game that didn't matter. Guess I see both sides.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I was actually thinking about this earlier this week and I kinda agree with them. Football is entertainment plain and simple and the colts let their paying viewers down when they don't do all they can to win. I bet if no one bought any tickets the colts would sing a different tune. What if every single fan decided that since the colts clinched home field a few weeks ago that they wouldn't buy any more tickets the rest of the year? Same thing the colts did by saying "we clinched so we're not worried about trying to win." I guess I see the fans point somewhat....what I also see is that those fans would be extremely pissed if Manning were to get a career ending injury late in a game that didn't matter. Guess I see both sides.
    Yea but its not like they didnt know that this might happen. and also look at the Colts if Manning got hurt ..
    With Maning possible SuperBowl champs
    Without , they are nowhere ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Yea but its not like they didnt know that this might happen. and also look at the Colts if Manning got hurt ..
    I agree with both sides I guess. It's not like they discount the tickets to see a discount team.....you're still paying the same money.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I agree with both sides I guess. It's not like they discount the tickets to see a discount team.....you're still paying the same money.
    Like I said you pay to see the Colts play ball.. They dont have a rate card ... Lol.. I only liked 50% of the game so I should get back 50% of my ticket back... I only liked 75% of my Pizza i should get my money back ??

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Like I said you pay to see the Colts play ball.. They dont have a rate card ... Lol.. I only liked 50% of the game so I should get back 50% of my ticket back... I only liked 75% of my Pizza i should get my money back ??
    little different situation though when they're playing back ups on purpose.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

little different situation though when they're playing back ups on purpose.
    So if employees do a half ass job because they are lazy the company should get half the pay back?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    So if employees do a half ass job because they are lazy the company should get half the pay back?
    are the employees in the entertainment business??? Ever heard of incentive pay? Ask Brady Quinn about that one....

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

are the employees in the entertainment business??? Ever heard of incentive pay? Ask Brady Quinn about that one....
    Brady Quinn sucks ass like the rest of Notre Dame, and their tickets stated they owner gets admission to the football game. They got to see the football game. The ticket doesn't state they get to watch Peyton Manning play 4 quarters. If Manning gets injured the first game and is out for the season, do the season ticket holders get their money back?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Agreed. I did not like seeing Peyton sit, but look I see what we would be like in the playoffs if Manning had a season ending injury in a meaningless game. Not Pretty!!!

And yeah, all the locals here are very pissed off about not going for 2 more wins with every healthy player. I used to think this way too, but I've since changed tunes. It's more important to give dinged players (and healthy, huge playmaking difference players) some rest to be 100% 3 weeks from now. What, 30 other teams would love to have our problem? What a problem to have!

We have accomplished a lot this decade, most wins in a decade by any pro football team, the longest regular season winning streak, I say we need to have our healthiest players ready for the playoffs, and get rid of the "One and Dun-gy" past.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Brady Quinn sucks ass like the rest of Notre Dame, and their tickets stated they owner gets admission to the football game. They got to see the football game. The ticket doesn't state they get to watch Peyton Manning play 4 quarters. If Manning gets injured the first game and is out for the season, do the season ticket holders get their money back?
    did peyton manning intentionally injure himself? Brady Quinn is in a bad situation but the Browns intentionally screwed him out of his incentive.
    Would that game have sold as many tickets if the fans knew that they were going to lay down? Was it advertised that they were going to put a discount team on the field? or did they wait until people were there in the stadium and had bought their tickets and parking before they did it?

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

did peyton manning intentionally injure himself? Brady Quinn is in a bad situation but the Browns intentionally screwed him out of his incentive.
    Would that game have sold as many tickets if the fans knew that they were going to lay down? Was it advertised that they were going to put a discount team on the field? or did they wait until people were there in the stadium and had bought their tickets and parking before they did it?
    Don't know but their ticket was to watch the Colts play which they got to see, it doesn't say watch Peyton Manning and whoever the hell else is on the team play

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Don't know but their ticket was to watch the Colts play which they got to see, it doesn't say watch Peyton Manning and whoever the hell else is on the team play
    get past what the ticket says....the ticket says to watch them play in preseason too. How many of those tickets do they sell vs when they're a 14-0 team?
    The colts let their fans down....period.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

get past what the ticket says....the ticket says to watch them play in preseason too. How many of those tickets do they sell vs when they're a 14-0 team?
    The same fans would be crying if they left Peyton in and his leg was broken in the 4th quarter that he should have been pulled. There is no guarantee who plays when you buy the ticket

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

see thats how spoiled people are .. Your saying a team that is 14-1 and has the best winning record of the decade has let its fans down... You have got to be kidding me ...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

see thats how spoiled people are .. Your saying a team that is 14-1 and has the best winning record of the decade has let its fans down... You have got to be kidding me ...
    yes...that's exactly what I'm saying when they could've went undefeated. Ask Shula how it worked out for them......and Shula is hoping that every team is as spineless as the colts are and he'll probably be correct. That's what's wrong with the country.....no one has any balls anymore and willing to take a chance. If you never go for it all you damn sure won't ever have it all. I would respect a team more that tried to go undefeated and didn't vs one that had the opportunity and didn't have the balls to do it.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

yes...that's exactly what I'm saying when they could've went undefeated. Ask Shula how it worked out for them......and Shula is hoping that every team is as spineless as the colts are and he'll probably be correct. That's what's wrong with the country.....no one has any balls anymore and willing to take a chance. If you never go for it all you damn sure won't ever have it all. I would respect a team more that tried to go undefeated and didn't vs one that had the opportunity and didn't have the balls to do it.
    this is not a question on if we think it was a good idea what Colt management did...It was evident that the players wanted to win the game ... but I dont think the guys get any pay increase if they go 16-0.. But Im sure they do if they win the Super Bowl...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information