Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: College Rant!!!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Angry College Rant!!!

And the funny thing is......I haven't even started yet

Here is the story: I want to go to college and better myself, I've sat on my ass long enough and jobs are not just going to throw themselves at me! I signed up for Fafas and got that taken care of, hopefully after what just happened with the school! I get signed up for school ($35 dollar fee/paid and accepted) Then I get my HS transcripts sent there....now one would think all I needed to do was register for classes I go and try to get online to register, says errors with data! Try over the phone and they tell me error and call back help line! Help line is closed so I guess I try tomorrow. Its getting close to crunch time for this shit, thankfully the military trained me to not trust anyone and double check this shit. So now I have to figure this out tomorrow asap and then register since classes are filling up. Just a lil rant because at the moment I'm frustrated with so much going on. Still don't know what I'm doing for money or insurance while going to school Thinking about saying fuck it and work dead end jobs the rest of my life
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Umm...go down to the college and register in person with an advisor you anti-social DALF

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Umm...go down to the college and register in person with an advisor you anti-social DALF
    Far from anti-social just work super fucked up hours, they change every week! On top of that, my days change every week on top of every week my schedule changes I think thats what I'm going to have to do God forbid anyone could sort out shit in what year is this......oh its 2010! God help us as humans :PRAY:

Black
    '99 SS

If it's a community college, I believe you have to have the advisers register you for your first semester... after that you can do it online.

In a 4 year college you have to be "released" for the classes every semester by your adviser, then you can register online.

...It might be different where you live, but that's how it is here....

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Would you like fries with that?

Learn the above and you'll be all set. Seriously, hope it all gets worked out. What are you going to major in?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

First problem is that you signed up for a FAFAS

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    And the funny thing is......I haven't even started yet

Here is the story: I want to go to college and better myself, I've sat on my ass long enough and jobs are not just going to throw themselves at me! I signed up for Fafas and got that taken care of, hopefully after what just happened with the school! I get signed up for school ($35 dollar fee/paid and accepted) Then I get my HS transcripts sent there....now one would think all I needed to do was register for classes I go and try to get online to register, says errors with data! Try over the phone and they tell me error and call back help line! Help line is closed so I guess I try tomorrow. Its getting close to crunch time for this shit, thankfully the military trained me to not trust anyone and double check this shit. So now I have to figure this out tomorrow asap and then register since classes are filling up. Just a lil rant because at the moment I'm frustrated with so much going on. Still don't know what I'm doing for money or insurance while going to school Thinking about saying fuck it and work dead end jobs the rest of my life
    wait u mean college is more involved than destroying my liver and having sexual encounters that the CDC designates as 'Dangerous'?

dam i've been doin it wrong for 4 years fffuuuuuu-

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

WELL I QUIT!! After 10 or so phone calls (YES, Actually over 10 real phone calls) I was able to register for the entire year for a massive........................................... .......................

2 fucking classes!! That is right, 2 classes for the entire year! Can't get in any other classes because some how the college dropped the ball and fucked my shit up and now the shit is full She even admitted their fault and told me to have a good day So I told them in polite terms to fuck off! Guess I will sign up for next year in a couple weeks! I am sooo mad, if I had a gun............

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You are JUST signing up for classes NOW for this semester which starts in like two weeks, and you are pissed classes are full. DUMBASS. Don't be pissed at them because you didn't get shit together till last minute. I've signed up for classes for next semester while current semester was still in progress and STILL got put on waiting list for classes. If you are one of those people that doesn't do shit till last minute, college will eat you up.

Edit to add...and to scoff at the two classes? THEY STILL COUNT!!! Take them, jesus christ. I hope you end up waiting an extra six months to get your degree because you are two classes short after last semester. With your lazy ass attitude dipping your toes in the metaphorical water with just two classes would probably be a good idea anyways.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

You are JUST signing up for classes NOW for this semester which starts in like two weeks, and you are pissed classes are full. DUMBASS. Don't be pissed at them because you didn't get shit together till last minute. I've signed up for classes for next semester while current semester was still in progress and STILL got put on waiting list for classes. If you are one of those people that doesn't do shit till last minute, college will eat you up.
    This.

Serious.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Edit to add...and to scoff at the two classes? THEY STILL COUNT!!! Take them, jesus christ. I hope you end up waiting an extra six months to get your degree because you are two classes short after last semester. With your lazy ass attitude dipping your toes in the metaphorical water with just two classes would probably be a good idea anyways.
    That would make sense if I hadn't signed up months ago She just like technical help line admitted something was wrong with my account. Not taking 2 classes even if they do count due to work reasons. Full load or nothing. If you worked one eight my scehdule, you would know. I guarantee my work schedule is the worst on LS1.com. I can actually guarantee it Hard to do when you have no clue what 99% of the rest of the boards schedule is either. Not trying to be mean to you, just irrate enough to actually kill someone (no joke) and unforutanity I have the training to do so X 10000000000

EDIT: Unfor I haven't posted up all of the problems I have had with this college. This was just the straw that broke my back. And to the uninformed it would seem different. My apologies

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Your loss.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Your loss.
    I'm still going to go, I just have to wait til next year! Thinking about signing up at this dump now for next year considering they will lose all my shit again and fail miserably! Don't know the earliest I can sign up but I'm going to go to the college and have words with the cunt that fucked me over. Tell her I am signing up right then and there with no ifs/ands/or buts!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I know..... if I was an illegal or single minority parent they would not have fucked my account up

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

If your going to a county I know you have the option of registering late for classes, not sure about a 4 ye college. Yeah the initial step is hard, u don't even wanna know how it was like fir me. Damn tuition is expensive to. My cousin went to Boston University and my uncle spent a little over 60k per semester.
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    If your going to a county I know you have the option of registering late for classes, not sure about a 4 ye college. Yeah the initial step is hard, u don't even wanna know how it was like fir me. Damn tuition is expensive to. My cousin went to Boston University and my uncle spent a little over 60k per semester.
    This is a tech school and only going to run about 10K for 2 years. I have decided to hell with this school! How are they going to teach you if they are constantly fucking up! Found another school which is closer but is full also! Thats alright, I'm going to take all my generals and get them out of the way.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Put it off now....it will likely get put off forever.

Just go.
    My schedule is all messed up too....but I do it. Something is better than nothing.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    OoS tuition for my school is around 30k/yr. Thank god for in-state tuition.

4 years in and I'm only $7,500 in debt.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Put it off now....it will likely get put off forever.Just go.
    My schedule is all messed up too....but I do it. Something is better than nothing.
    That is sound advice for sure I'm not that way tho I hate my job that much (So much I wish I could slap the owner around and run this bitch under the ground) that I won't put it off! I'm going to contact this new school tomorrow (In the form of driving there) and see what classes (generals) I can get into

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    OoS tuition for my school is around 30k/yr. Thank god for in-state tuition.
    Thank god for getting a post office box oos to claim residence. HIGH FIVE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information