Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

College Football This Weekend

This is a discussion on College Football This Weekend within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS OU has motivation for 2 reasons to beat Tech. Win the South and for last years ...

  1. #41
    Impounded
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Verdigris, OK
    Posts
    2,165

    NBM
    99 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    OU has motivation for 2 reasons to beat Tech. Win the South and for last years craptacular loss in Lubboch. Tech is riding high right now, but just like every other college team, they will come down. OU has fixed the middle linebacker problem since the loss of Ryan Reynolds in the Texass game. Should be a great game.
    agreed.

  2. #42
    I'm with him \l/ bmyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Don't @#!% with LimeCat
    Posts
    5,692
    just returned from the huskers game...

  3. #43
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    agreed.
    i'm hoping it will be a great game. Tech might be number 1 in the BCS poll. and there is a #1 curse this year.

  4. #44
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Tech will be playing for the national title.

  5. #45
    Epic Fail: 12mpg 3.4 B34M3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Baumholder, Germany
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,480

    Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

    If OU doesnt take tech down... they will ride all the way out to the BCS game...

    But if OU beats them... then WTF happens in the big12? TT beat UT beat OU beat TT.... how the fuck they choose big12 champ out of that mess? I suppose if OU absolutely blows TT out of the water(14 points or more) then they could get the nod... but the other 2 losses were both pretty close....



    Bleh, its a clusterfuck there... GO SEC(and by that I mean, GO GATORS)

  6. #46
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    44
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Tech will be playing for the national title.
    Doubtful

    Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    If OU doesnt take tech down... they will ride all the way out to the BCS game...

    But if OU beats them... then WTF happens in the big12? TT beat UT beat OU beat TT.... how the fuck they choose big12 champ out of that mess? I suppose if OU absolutely blows TT out of the water(14 points or more) then they could get the nod... but the other 2 losses were both pretty close....



    Bleh, its a clusterfuck there... GO SEC(and by that I mean, GO GATORS)
    If OU beats tech and OU, tech and Texass end with 1 loss, the team with the highest BCS ranking plays in the Big 12 title game.

  7. #47
    Grand Imperial Wizard Sarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Texas Department of Corrections
    Posts
    18,129
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

    Texas vs. Florida for all the marbles.

  8. #48
    Slow'er'Ass Mr. Luos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    23,785

    Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Doubtful
    I want to see the 'Horns go to the title game...but I don't see it happening.

    Tech is playing as well as anyone right now. Three tough games in a row though.



    I feel bad for Texas A&M and Baylor. Having to face all those Big 12 South teams....

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    commerce twp michigan
    Age
    61
    Posts
    546
    :Any big 12 team is OK with me. SEC teams/fans are as bad as Ohio st. fans (who are NOW quiet)

    Ya Michigan fan here .
    Ya I know we suck! I think the big ten sucks.

  10. #50
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by skar View Post
    :Any big 12 team is OK with me. SEC teams/fans are as bad as Ohio st. fans (who are NOW quiet)

    Ya Michigan fan here .
    Ya I know we suck! I think the big ten sucks.
    it's okay if someone's team is winning, and they are proud. but there's a boundary line that a lot of fans cross, and then become unsportsmanlike.

  11. #51
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Texas vs. Florida for all the marbles.
    prob Texas Tech and Gators ...

  12. #52
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    44
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    prob Texas Tech and Gators ...
    I agree with your thinking, I think its gonna be the Big 12 champ versus the SEC champ(Florida) but I don't think it will be tech. I think OU or Texass will get there instead.

  13. #53
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I agree with your thinking, I think its gonna be the Big 12 champ versus the SEC champ(Florida) but I don't think it will be tech. I think OU or Texass will get there instead.
    prob the winner of the Tech -OU game .. but in BCS you never can tell..

  14. #54
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    1. Alabama 10-0
    2. Texas Tech 10-0
    3. Texas 9-1
    4. Florida 8-1
    5. Oklahoma 9-1
    6. USC 8-1
    7. Utah 10-0
    8. Penn State 9-1
    9. Boise State 9-0
    10. Georgia 8-2
    11. Ohio State 8-2
    12. Missouri 8-2
    13. Oklahoma State 8-2
    14. Ball State 9-0
    15. Michigan State 9-2
    16. North Carolina 7-2
    17. BYU 9-1
    18. TCU 9-2
    19. Florida State 7-2
    20. LSU 6-
    new BCS poll

  15. #55
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    1. Alabama 10-0
    2. Texas Tech 10-0
    3. Texas 9-1
    4. Florida 8-1
    5. Oklahoma 9-1
    6. USC 8-1
    7. Utah 10-0
    8. Penn State 9-1
    9. Boise State 9-0
    10. Georgia 8-2
    11. Ohio State 8-2
    12. Missouri 8-2
    13. Oklahoma State 8-2
    14. Ball State 9-0
    15. Michigan State 9-2
    16. North Carolina 7-2
    17. BYU 9-1
    18. TCU 9-2
    19. Florida State 7-2
    20. LSU 6-
    new BCS poll
    i would have thought Tech would be 1.
    they beat a number 1 team and Ok St.
    so i'm not sure why Alabama is still number 1...

  16. #56
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    i would have thought Tech would be 1.
    they beat a number 1 team and Ok St.
    so i'm not sure why Alabama is still number 1...
    I guess because Bama didnt lose to LSU.. not that pretty of a game, but I guess you have to lose a game to lose the spot ..

  17. #57
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I guess because Bama didnt lose to LSU.. not that pretty of a game, but I guess you have to lose a game to lose the spot ..
    the BCS is almost as bad as ESPN's NFL power rankings.

  18. #58
    Senior Member snaggeltooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    7,203

    Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

    Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    the BCS is almost as bad as ESPN's NFL power rankings.
    like they say ..There is only one time a season when being No.1 counts ...

  19. #59
    Senior Member jknelms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,327

    Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

    Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    like they say ..There is only one time a season when being No.1 counts ...
    and it's always better to lose to an unranked team in the beginning of a season, and not the end of the season.

  20. #60
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    44
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    It really doesn't matter if you are #1 or #2, same difference really.


    If OU beats Tech, which I think they will, that will probably move OU ahead of tech and texass in the BCS poll, but OU travels to OSU the following week and OSU is a very good team that could beat OU which would jumble everything a lot

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. College Football 2011
    By 02transamce in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
  2. College Football 2010
    By 02transamce in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 1522
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
  3. big college football weekend
    By snaggeltooth in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
  4. College Football Question
    By gwballin in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
  5. College Football This Weekend
    By OSU Buckeyes in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 06:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •