Thread: A code question

Black
    2001 Ws6

A code question

Hey all

so in 2 days I will be removing my neighbors fence since it's on my property I was wondering if there is a code that makes them put a fence back up since they have a deep swimming pool?

At this point it's empty but I feel a pool is a pool empty and cover still equals danger to a child or animal. Anyone have any ideas? Or anywhere I can read up on it .....looks like the code people are scared to deal with them because their black.....the code people are pretty fast to run up my driveway when they get fake calls on me but when I called on them having a trailer 10 feet from the property line in the front area of their home the guy was scared so he did nothing and left any ideas?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Seems anywhere these days, if you have a pool, and any kids living in the house, you have to have a fence of some sort up. If it is open to the public, ditto. Google it man!!

Black
    2001 Ws6

I know that but when I google it, there is never anything about a empty pool needing a fence it's crazy... So my neighbors big come back was "its empty so whatever I don't need to do anything "

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Still having trouble with the same neighbors?

I think you were right to assume that an empty pool can be as dangerous as one filled with water. I think it still needs to be fenced/gated in. Kids living there or not. You also have to worry about wandering neighborhood kids and pets. I'm going to guess that they need a fence around their pool by law. But, if the fence that is up now is on your property then you should have a right to take it down, unless it's been there for a very long time. I think I recall something about if a fence has been up long enough, that may make the difference in being able to take it down.

I still don't see how it would be your problem though. Their pool. Their problem. But that is just logic. Laws can anything but.

Black
    2001 Ws6

Hey you long time no see yea same shitty Neighbors...going to cut down that fence before that "law" kicks in that if a person has been taking care of a piece of property they may Claim it I'm just trying it found a rule or code that makes them put a fence back up on there side....

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Seems you should be able to find out by calling the city? Maybe even do a quick consult with a lawyer? Sorry you're still having trouble with those neighbors. I hope everything works out your way in the end. Good luck.

Thread Information