Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1966 Corvette Coupe

Cluster Headaches Ayone?

Ok so this is me self diagnosing an issue i have had since about 3 weeks ago when i had a pretty bad sinus infection...

About 80% of days at around 10 a.m. my upper rear tooth/jaw starts hurting... Eventually the pain will move all the way up around my eye and even the inside of my nose hurts (so far always on the right side of my face)... On a few occasion i have even had a watery eye...

I went to the dentist to make sure it wasnt something tooth related, but they took xrays and everything and gave me a clean checkup...

This is curently my best guess and i have read that it typically comes in spells that dont last for more than a few weeks, but honestly its about to make me go nuts... Since they only last like an hour (and happen really frequently) i cant leave work every time i have one, but they really suck and its hard to do anything when I'm having one...

Any advice other than go to the doctor?

-me

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Go to the doctor lol Any kind of responses would be inaccurate and speculation. You could just be told to take some advil, tylenol, aspirin etc, walk it off, stop bitching, etc To be honest, other then going to the doctor what kind of answer do you really want?

1966 Corvette Coupe

Maybe someone that has them could come in and tell me things they have found help ease the pain... Maybe someone knows something that triggers them and a way to help me get through a few days.

Even if i go to a Dr im prolly not going to be getting a whole lot of releif for a while... Some tips on something to do other than sit at my desk shaking my leg as hard as i can for an hour would be great...

also going to Dr.s bout headaches is hard to do... generally speaking you cant get to one while you are having the head ache...

-me

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Drs Office

You: "I'd like to schedule an appointment to discuss frequent headaches I'm having"
    Drs office: "Sure what day and time would be convenient for you"
    You: "as soon as possible, i'm in pain"
    Drs Office: "how about wednesday at 11:00 am"
    You: "Ok."

THen you would tell the dr what is happening, and he'd review what meds you are on, what your prior history is, and give you a checkup. Possibly a referral which would result in an accurate treatment for your problem.

Or you could just post on a car forum, even though for all you know you could have an aneurism.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

If it is not tooth related then possibly a sinus infection. Go to the doctor for fastest relief.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

If you're 100% sure your dentist isn't a dumbass then you need to see a doctor. I had two surgeries for sinus infections when I was younger and they weren't fun.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    drs office

you: "i'd like to schedule an appointment to discuss frequent headaches i'm having"
    drs office: "sure what day and time would be convenient for you"
    you: "as soon as possible, i'm in pain"
    drs office: "how about wednesday at 11:00 am"
    you: "ok."

then you would tell the dr what is happening, and he'd review what meds you are on, what your prior history is, and give you a checkup. Possibly a referral which would result in an accurate treatment for your problem.

Or you could just post on a car forum, even though for all you know you could have an aneurism.
    this x 1,000,000,000

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I get ocular(sp) migranes.. Have lived with them all my life.. Could be something like that with you..
    There are different types of migrane too.. Some suffer from chronic migrane..
    I would have to kill myself if I suffered them everyday.. The pain feels like dropping an cement block on your head..
    Could also be a serious sinus issue as well.. Mine bleed if exposed to certain household cleaners, like bleach and Lysol...

Time for a brain scan..
    Last edited by Smittro; 04-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I get ocular(sp) migranes.. Have lived with them all my life.. Could be something like that with you..
    There are different types of migrane too.. Some suffer from chronic migrane..
    I would have to kill myself if I suffered them everyday.. The pain feels like dropping an cement block on your head..
    Could also be a serious sinus issue as well.. Mine bleed if exposed to certain household cleaners, like bleach and Lysol...

Time for a brain scan..
    I like the new quote under your cars picture.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    I like the new quote under your cars picture.
    It was posted by a cluster in another thread supposed to be an insult to me..

Made me laugh..
    Last edited by Smittro; 04-26-2011 at 02:44 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I can confidently say that it isn't a "Cluster" headache, AKA "Suicide" headache. These headaches are the worst of the worst and rival ANY pain known to Man (Worse then Birth has been reported) They are dubbed Suicide headaches because they drive people to kill themselves to get rid of the pain. Google it once and you will be amazed. If you were having a headache of this caliber, you would be on the floor in the fetal position.

I'm no doctor but I would say sinus infection accompanied by slight migraine or so but you are better off to go to the doctor. I wouldn't hesitate if I was you.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

As posted earlier, kidney stone is the worst pain imaginable for man.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    As posted earlier, kidney stone is the worst pain imaginable for man.
    Cluster headache is worse I can assure you. Cutting limb off > Kidney stone and its been told that a cluster headache makes limb lobbing feel painless. Went to hospital with buds Dad who had a shit ton of stones, tons of pain but didnt want to kill himself from pain.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Go to the damn doctor. If I had a headache that persisted that long I wouldn't be turning to the internet. Get it checked out.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Go to the damn doctor. If I had a headache that persisted that long I wouldn't be turning to the internet. Get it checked out.

I recommend people reading about cluster headaches. When I found out about them i became interested in them. Did tons of reading all over the net.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I suffered from cluster headaches approx. 3 years ago. Went to the doctor. He prescribed Imitrex IIRC. Worked quite well. They really don't know what causes them. There are triggers, but in my case none applied. As stated, go to a good doctor.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Cluster headache is worse I can assure you. Cutting limb off > Kidney stone and its been told that a cluster headache makes limb lobbing feel painless. Went to hospital with buds Dad who had a shit ton of stones, tons of pain but didnt want to kill himself from pain.
    OP said he sits at his desk and is able to shake his leg...

Kidney stone knocks you on the floor in the fetal position...

Kidney stones make people pass out.

It all depends on the severity level of them.

Regardless, OP needs to get it checked out immediately. Let us all know what the Dr. says.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    OP said he sits at his desk and is able to shake his leg...

Kidney stone knocks you on the floor in the fetal position...

Kidney stones make people pass out.

It all depends on the severity level of them.

Regardless, OP needs to get it checked out immediately. Let us all know what the Dr. says.

Also depends on peoples threshold of pain.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Also depends on peoples threshold of pain.
    A female friend of mine has had twins and 1 other child. She told me her kidney stone was worse and she passed out from the pain. Her mother found her unconscious in the bathroom.

I've had kidney stones once before. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. It knocked me on my ass and I was sweating pretty bad for several hours. I honestly couldn't imagine a pain worse. I've been stabbed, broken bones, dislocated shoulders, back injuries from car accidents, etc. Nothing came remotely close.

I have an Uncle with these headaches though and he says they are pretty painful. He's had them for years now.

Ray Charles blue

I get them sometimes. Mostly with pressure changes and if my sinus infection is really bad. Just because an extray of your teeth doesnt show anything DOESNT mean your glands and your sinus is NOT putting pressure on your jaw. Its a misconception that your mouth has to hurt and tooth has to be responsible for it.

Also, if you grind your teeth or clench your jaw you can get head aches as well.

Yes, kindey stones suck balls to the wall. (Accept reference anyone?) I have had them a few times. Feels like I was stabbed and left for dead but my wallet was in tact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information