Christmas cards for soldiers!

This is a discussion on Christmas cards for soldiers! within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; When doing your Christmas/Chanukah cards this year, take one card and send it to this address: A Recovering American Soldier ...

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Christmas cards for soldiers!

When doing your Christmas/Chanukah cards this year, take one card and send it to this address: A Recovering American Soldier c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW Washington , D.C. 20307-5001. Think of how many cards these wonderful people who have sacrificed so much would get. PLEASE RE-POST

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Nevermind should have looked into it before posting. Just read this, if not addressed specifically to someone the cards just gets tossed (homeland security and all).

There is always the Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes campaign: http://www.redcross.org/holidaymail

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

mad respect for those guys, not only have I been hit by ied's here thank god for the new mraps. But the new efp's they have out are bad had to spin up on a recovery mission back in september to help a convey of airforce guys out. Needless to say the truck commander didnt make it he died instantly but the gunner survived the efp fused with his leg and they had to take it off it was bad. I have been their and helped guys and been in those situations many times had to clean a truck out that was hit that we recovered and it was like a horror scene(remember blackhawk down just like that). So these guys need things like these to help with a speedy recovery.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

I'll repost the Red Cross info.
    I know an IED is an improvised explosive device but what does EFP stand for?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I live a couple blocks away from walter reed, we send cards to them at school like every christmas.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by loasdrums View Post
    I'll repost the Red Cross info.
    I know an IED is an improvised explosive device but what does EFP stand for?

easier to explain it it looks like a coffee can(sometimes huge ass coffee cans) really to tell you the truth with a copper plate since it has a high melting temp, and they pack explosives behind it. When it goes off it will shape into a spear shape within 2 feet, and will of course go threw any armor the military has period. The truck I cleaned out the efp went threw both doors of the mrap to be more specific the RG-33, both side armor kits and doors. Very volatile weapon and they travel at supersonic speeds, they aim for the truck commanders drivers and some cases the gunner. Most of the time they target humvee's lower easier targets thinner armor.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

So they place a stationary shaped charge in the paths of convoys or are the propelled like RPG's?

EDIT: Not to high jack the thread I found this site with a simple google search. http://amillionthanks.org/

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by loasdrums View Post
    So they place a stationary shaped charge in the paths of convoys or are the propelled like RPG's?

EDIT: Not to high jack the thread I found this site with a simple google search. http://amillionthanks.org/
    they are stationary with some kind of support behind it usually, and its kinda like that but basically instead of it exploding think of it as like a cannon spear.

Thread Information