Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

chit hit the fan

Ok down to crunch time here, the wifes unemployment is near the end,she can't get a job because of the cheap young ass hat teachers, I can't find a second job, I need to find a better first job but hate writing resumes. so do any of you know a site where I can just fill it in and they allow me to print it, for free.

If something don't happen soon my ass is going to Va, I am finding shit left and right down there , go figure.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

So she's been on unemployment for over 2 years...nice. Call me crazy but if there isn't a teaching job available why not change fields and/or work two shitty jobs to make up for it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I know that I have been in many fields. From garage door repair, to HVAC, and they didn't work out. I am glad I have my automotive knowledge to fall back on. I thought Kim found something Tony. Hopefully she doesn't have that "I'm too good for..." mentality. That can be a bad thing.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    So she's been on unemployment for over 2 years...nice. Call me crazy but if there isn't a teaching job available why not change fields and/or work two shitty jobs to make up for it.
    Because we figured out that 2 shitty jobs don't pay what unemployment pays her. the jobs are available but with the crap that is going on up here with the unions and teachers the schools are cutting corners by hireing unqualified cheaper teachers. this state needs to take over education completly and rip it from the control of the towns and unions. then boot the unions.

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I know that I have been in many fields. From garage door repair, to HVAC, and they didn't work out. I am glad I have my automotive knowledge to fall back on. I thought Kim found something Tony. Hopefully she doesn't have that "I'm too good for..." mentality. That can be a bad thing.

Never heard from them, probably hired an unexperianced,knowledgeless,fresh out of college,kid to teach. I know on wed alone she sent out 20 resumes not to mention the others throughout the week. The USPS loves us with the amount of stamps we buy.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

Mystic Teal
    01 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    ... this state needs to take over education completly and rip it from the control of the towns and unions. then boot the unions...
    That's what they did in California ... The unions just moved up to dictating state politics.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Ok down to crunch time here, the wifes unemployment is near the end,she can't get a job because of the cheap young ass hat teachers, I can't find a second job, I need to find a better first job but hate writing resumes. so do any of you know a site where I can just fill it in and they allow me to print it, for free.

If something don't happen soon my ass is going to Va, I am finding shit left and right down there , go figure.
    what's your work background consist of?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    what's your work background consist of?
    manufacturing,retail,fast food, farming,maitenance in a manufacturing facility,auto tech. I am sure there is more just can't remember everything.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Teachers get paid shit regardless I thought?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Teachers get paid shit regardless I thought?
    Depends on the location, level, experience, public/private, etc.

In my area:
    Brand new kindergarten teacher will make $25,000/yr maybe

A 12th grade math teacher with 20 years on the job will make around $70,000/yr.

A fresh associate professor at a low tier college might pull $35,000 a year.

An old experienced excellent professor at a Tier 1 research university can go beyond $200,000/year.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Teach high schoolers...FUCK THAT. I thought for sure I was going to be the one that made a few of them quit. Never want to give some punk that chance for karmic revenge.

around 35k to start and the old farts make 80k around here.... I think that is pretty damn good for only working 9 months out of the year.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

there are teachers up here making 75k +a year one gym teacher I know of is making 97k a year, plus benny's,and tenure.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Just because their at a higher spot on the totem pole, Don't be mad at someone else for earning more then you. If they make that much after 20 years on the job teaching your kids, I'd say they earned it. They have put in their time. Now if we can prove their a bad teacher then that is something else, but chances are they are a good teacher, hence the reason why they have been there so long.

If you wife was there 20 years in which I assume she would be a good teacher as well, someone else would be saying the same exact thing about her.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

What I am saying is that it is unfair how they do it. for example the township where said gym teacher is making 97k may pay more than a different township where a gym teacher that has been there just as long and is just as good may only be making 50 k. Antother thing is that the unions are allowing this. that is why I think the state needs to take over and boot the unions. unions are so effen greedy here that yea you don't have to join but you pay 8 hundred and some dollars a year NOT to be in the union. Is that right? is that fair?, I don't think so.

as far as teachers being good or not, my wife is an excellant teacher. her students (she is an art teacher mind you) learned more about their other classes through her than the teachers that taught those classes. She could also get info out of the kids where even the school counciler,pshycologist,principal ect couldn't. They got rid of her for a younger teacher with no experiance just because she was cheaper. but it is funny because the school was shut down when the students decided to go elsewhere after the wife was let go.(small private school) there was not enough students that stayed that would pay to run the school. I have ran into it numerous times with my son that the teachers just don't give a shit for the education of students anymore. they are there for the pay,benifits and massive amount of time off. THOSE fuckers are the ones that need to go, not the ones like my wife, and many others that was let go that actually cared about a students education and loved their jobs even if the pay was crappy.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Can I ask a question? When your wife applies for these jobs...does she have to write down an "expected" salary? I mean, if there is a position opening at XXX middle school. I don't understand how a person straight out of college will be cheaper to hire than your wife? They both would be First Year employees at the establishment? Meaning they should start at the same rate? Wouldn't they rather have the one with more experience at the same price?

Black
    2001 Pontiac

manufacturing,retail,fast food, farming,maitenance in a manufacturing facility,auto tech. I am sure there is more just can't remember everything.
    Kearney, NE.
    Local Mfr's all looking for help.
    Teacher want ads, up the yin-yang, ...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Now that I think about it...my art teacher was probably my fav. teacher also =)

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Can I ask a question? When your wife applies for these jobs...does she have to write down an "expected" salary? I mean, if there is a position opening at XXX middle school. I don't understand how a person straight out of college will be cheaper to hire than your wife? They both would be First Year employees at the establishment? Meaning they should start at the same rate? Wouldn't they rather have the one with more experience at the same price?
    no a fresh out of college student would be paid less because they have no experiance. My wife would be paid more due to her experiance. It doesn't matter if my wife was hired at a new school or not.Think of it like this if you worked for a place making 12 bucks an hour with ok benni's would you leave for another place doing the same thing for less money and benni's even though you are more experianced? My wife is actually putting "negotiable" on her resume/applications. she just wants a job. unemployment is paying her the max amount. what she gets after taxes is more than double what I make before taxes and insurance is taken out. in this case if she got 2 crappy jobs it still wouldn't = what she gets now. hell even if she got what I get on both jobs it still wouldn't = what she gets.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by PontiacFan View Post
    Kearney, NE.
    Local Mfr's all looking for help.
    Teacher want ads, up the yin-yang, ...
    I don't think the wife would move out there, I would but not her lol. as is we are looking into Va. she wrote the state asking for the application to get a license for there if all fails here. I have to say I have mixed emotions on this. while I hate NJ and the general attitude of people here I have met quite a few decent people as well. Yes the laws suck, but now I am in with a group that can and in many cases is upsetting the state gov't and getting people in that will follow the constitution and do what is right. The roads and drivers definatly without a doubt suck ass,but there are many roads that are being tore up and repaved,and along with the state gov't working on getting stiffer laws on shitty assed drivers. On the other hand though in va I won't have to deal with this shit because the roads are in great shape, the drivers are good,and you have your freedoms. which leaves me more time with the family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information