Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Chargers = Becoming the 90's 5.0 Mustang?

Like the title states - Are the Dodge Chargers becoming the 90's 5.0 Mustang? I asked this because lately I keep meeting DB owners that act like 5.0 Mustang owners did in the 90's. A little background:

Last weekend I was out in my Trans Am with one of my buddies when we came upon a group of Chargers (not the NFL team either). We pull in and check them out. we both like cars, like seeing how others tweak and turn out power for their cars, even if it isn't a F-body. He's a tuner but still loves muscle cars (I'm slowly changing his opinion, I'm bring him to the light and away from tuners). However when it comes to the owners sometimes I can do with out. It seems they are in the early stages of forming a Charger club and that it was mostly a meet and greet thing. Couple of the guys were very cool and we exchange glances and each others cars. One had the SRT Package and 2 had the RT packages. SRT guy was one of the cool ones. After about 15 mins of us BS'ing along comes a guy in his mid to late 20's. Starts off with his mouth saying this is for Chargers not some has been Firebird that's past it's prime. Oh really, and what gem in this fine collection of cars might you be the proud owner of? He points to his. My friend starts (it's the 6cyclinder) I asked - so whatcha got that should make me quake in my shoes and sign over my title her in now to you because your car screams "Awesomeness!!" He goes - Oh you don't want to run with me, ask anybody here, mines way fast, I got turbo and NOS (Yes he said, I kid you not). I look at the SRT guy with the "Are you serious?" look, he looks at me "Hey, I just met the guy 5 mins ago, I don't know?" The DB keeps running his mouth, I tell look it's a Sonic, anyone can be here, If you want to run, just come out with it, otherwise STFU. DB goes I only race for cash or ass. I reply that's funny you don't look good in a skirt. I've got $50, put up or shut up. He put's up after we agree to head's up 3 races. We do the races and I come home with $50 more in my pocket. 1st one I win by 4 car lengths - he bitches about not being ready, 2nd win by 5 cars this time - he bitches about not having slicks (WTF am I doing? Looked at tires, yep they ain't slicks) 3rd race, I felt bad, gave him 2 lengths and still beat him by 4.

Now back to the point, after this I realized that this isn't the first time I've met Charger owners like this guy behaving like the 90's Mustang owners. Just wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this trend.

Black
    1998 Ford F-150

Cool story, hansel.

Navy Blue Metallic

BTW Mods, not meant to be a kill story just want the background in for the question I was asking..

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Did he call the NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems owned by Mike Thermos) NAWSSS?

And most of the 5.0 Stangs were the quickest thing on the road back in the day so I'd have to say Yes and No - Yes they act like it and No they can't back it up.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

there is a guy here sith the SRT package saying "i'm making 420 horse power from the factory. There is no way your car is faster."... i laughed in his face for a good 2 minutes and said "my car makes around 400 to the wheels... my car is one thousand pounds lighter... my car makes more power than your and it's lighter... you really think your car is faster???" the guy still thinks his car is faster... he wouldn't race me either...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Every social group has people who are really cool, people who a just douche bags, and mostly just normal regular people.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

"da chaga's"

The R/T's, SXT's (I think thats what the V6 trim is called), doesn't matter, they all have dubs and a 1000000000 watt stereo around here, and an extremely dark tint. The charger is probably the most common car out here right now, especially the V6.

But I have yet to see a nicely setup, clean, V8 charger out here though, but the ones that I have seen in other places were pretty badass. Just like at capital raceway out in Maryland, I saw a orange daytona r/t that was in the low 13's, which was pretty sweet. They can be nice cars when setup tastefully imo. But I see no similarities whatsoever between the fox owners and the charger owners, I guess it's because of the area I live in

Oh, and nice kill man.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 04-07-2010 at 12:23 PM.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Every social group has people who are really cool, people who a just douche bags, and mostly just normal regular people.
    what about the crips???

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

naaaaawz.

nice kill. wonder if he'll stay with the group?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Mopar muscle eh?? I was driving out to Long Island two weeks ago and I pulled in beside TWO Chrysler 300 SRT-8's on the highway. They were set up NICE. Super clean. Tasteful wheels with HUGE Stoptech brake kits. Both had exhaust and sounded like they could walk the walk.... neither wanted to show what they could do. Driven by a pair of middle age gents. certainly didn't seem like the DB type. Would have liked to have the chance to chat with them.

White
    '10 ZR1

Nice kill

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Did he call the NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems owned by Mike Thermos) NAWSSS?

And most of the 5.0 Stangs were the quickest thing on the road back in the day so I'd have to say Yes and No - Yes they act like it and No they can't back it up.

This is what I mean, All show, no go. 5.0's where thought to be the baddest from the factory till Camaro 5.7 came out and destroyed them. Pony cars have the after market to help them, but what turned me off of all 90's and up Mustangs where the DB Owners that thought their cars won just by sitting still because it said Mustang 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    there is a guy here sith the SRT package saying "i'm making 420 horse power from the factory. There is no way your car is faster."... i laughed in his face for a good 2 minutes and said "my car makes around 400 to the wheels... my car is one thousand pounds lighter... my car makes more power than your and it's lighter... you really think your car is faster???" the guy still thinks his car is faster... he wouldn't race me either...
    If I had your LS6 Spaz I would have laugh at him too....

After the races the SRT guy and I talked and he said he now doubts his car against mine. I told him he would probably beat me by 2-3. I showed him what I had and he still wasn't sure.

My sig has all that I've done so far..
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

If I had your LS6 Spaz I would have laugh at him too....

After the races the SRT guy and I talked and he said he now doubts his car against mine. I told him he would probably beat me by 2-3. I showed him what I had and he still wasn't sure.

My sig has all that I've done so far..
    with your mods i'd say you're probably around 350rwhp... now stock 420hp if you take 15% drive train loss he'd be about 357rwhp... then he's got 800-1000lbs more than your car... you'd more than likely beat him...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    This is what I mean, All show, no go. 5.0's where thought to be the baddest from the factory till Camaro 5.7 came out and destroyed them. Pony cars have the after market to help them, but what turned me off of all 90's and up Mustangs where the DB Owners that thought their cars won just by sitting still because it said Mustang 5.0.

This. 100% this.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

There are douchebag owners from every brand, in every segment. LS1 owners can be very arrogant and think the LS1 can cure aids and cancer lol But I've found these charger people tend to be more GHETTO then anything. Those chryslers always have huge 20+ inch rims.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    There are douchebag owners from every brand, in every segment. LS1 owners can be very arrogant and think the LS1 can cure aids and cancer lol But I've found these charger people tend to be more GHETTO then anything. Those chryslers always have huge 20+ inch rims.
    I've seen this and have laughed at them too. I have to asked them sometimes if they beefed up their axles and I get the dumbest looks sometimes. Then they wonder why they are broke on the side of the road.

pewter
    2002 Trans Am

damn i had a whole post about how you are gonna find dbags no matter where you go, but my stupid browser screwed up. so instead im gonna post a picture of my charger when i bought it (ghetto) and how it looks now

and now, and one with my trans am

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

The Chargers around here all have the big 20"+ rims and huge stereos and all of that. I've seen 1 SRT8 around and he seemed pretty cool when I talked to him at a car show. Other than that, I've seen all R/T or SXT models and the guys driving them are usually idiots. One R/T guy did stop and help me out when I was driving one of the '79 T/As and the stupid thing wouldnt start. Cool guy. But all the other's were idiots or black. No racist, just sayin'.

BLACK
    1999 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2blegal View Post
    damn i had a whole post about how you are gonna find dbags no matter where you go, but my stupid browser screwed up. so instead im gonna post a picture of my charger when i bought it (ghetto) and how it looks now

Click for full size

and now, and one with my trans am

Click for full size

Click for full size
    thanks for bringing that car back from the ghetto and treatin it right

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I think it's a Dodge thing.....seems like every freakin' Dodge Ram I come across seems to wanna race me & there's a DB driving it..

And ALL Chargers are ghetto.....that is all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information