Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Celebrated 10 yrs on the JOB

Yay, I got recognised for my 10 years of hard work and dedication by my employer today.

They showed their appreciation to hard work and dedication by previously giving me and my co-workers a $3.00 cut per hour... but only a select bunch.

This company goes by Plant senority and not corporate time.

so Basically after my 10 years with this company, based only on my geographic location I will lose my job to someone who has say 5 years total with the company at that same location.

Did I mention that same person who has 1/2 the corporate time I do but more time at the specific location did not have to take the pay cut. So I make $3.00 less per hour then someone with 1/2 the time I do as an employee.

Sure makes me feel appreciated.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

This economy sucks BIG TIME.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    Yay, I got recognised for my 10 years of hard work and dedication by my employer today.

They showed their appreciation to hard work and dedication by previously giving me and my co-workers a $3.00 cut per hour... but only a select bunch.

so Basically after my 10 years with this company, based only on my geographic location I will lose my job to someone who has say 5 years total with the company at that same location.

Did I mention that same person who has 1/2 the corporate time I do but more time at the specific location did not have to take the pay cut. So I make $3.00 less per hour then someone with 1/2 the time I do as an employee.

Give your 2 weeks notice and have them rehire you. You will probably get hired back at a higher wage than you are making now. Consider it a raise to yourself.

I have done that a time or two with a few good employees of mine that our corporate office fucked over.

midnight blue

Give your 2 weeks notice and have them rehire you. You will probably get hired back at a higher wage than you are making now. Consider it a raise to yourself.
    LOL they would just replace me with a temp they could pay $9 an hour.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

LOL they would just replace me with a temp they could pay $9 an hour.
    And avoid paying any benefits on that temp.

Corporate=

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    And avoid paying any benefits on that temp.

Corporate=
    Unfortunately, sometimes it has to be done to compete and stay alive. (A.K.A. - cheaper labor in China)

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Well that blows big time. Just do $3.00 less worth of work an hour!

midnight blue

Corporate does suck!!! ust do $3.00 less worth of work an hour!
    They would fire ya for that as well... Now you can understand why I always stick up for the union workers....

This was an example of being a non-union worker.

They would fire ya for that as well... Now you can understand why I always stick up for the union workers....

This was an example of being a non-union worker.
    A lot of the union workers are sitting on the bench

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Former union worker here. Almost 4 years in with the company (Caterpillar) and laid off. Unions can be good at places like Caterpillar (large shops) because all the boss's put a red X on your back. But in general, they're shit.

Sorry to hear OP.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Now I feel kind of bad complaining about the fact I only got a 5 cent cost of living raise this year....

white
    2000 Z28

be happy it wasnt a layoff lunch celebration.

white
    2000 Z28

and exponentially more non union when there just so happens to be no work. unions did not kill the economy.

2002 CETA - 1999 Firehawk

Thank obama

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    and exponentially more non union when there just so happens to be no work. unions did not kill the economy.
    Come live in Rhode Island and I promise you after a year of our ludicrous corruption,union-money grubbing factions and so on you will see a different light

State union,teachers union,fire and police union.......all decimating the taxes paid in by the public.
    Last edited by Nastyfoot; 02-26-2010 at 02:42 AM.

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

It does suck now, my route use to go with 130 stops, and my pick ups and that use to be a 8 hr. day in which is guranted to me. I f I did it in 7 I got paid for 8 and I got a bonus. So management played with numbers and now they give me 140-145 plus my pick ups, I said ok so I moved faster and I started getting and hr under everyday. I was only working 33 hrs. and they had to pay me for 40, plus my 10 hrs. bonus at time an a half. Now they have put 166 stops on my route with pick ups and I get my 8 hrs. now and over time, and I am still banking bonus.
    It does suck to work for a Corp. these day but as long as I am able to screw them back I will every chance I get, and I will never use my company I will use the competition
    and not think twice. It's there ways that make a good employee turn, and not think at all for the company.
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post
    unions are the biggest problem around here

Want a new car

At my job we got a 5% pay cut, no raises, cut our on-call pay but not the work and layed off several hundred people who we inheriated their work. We figure we have lost around 25% of our pay over the last two years and the cost of living keeps going up too! They make it so I just do enough work to keep from getting fired!

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

The GF and I both work for the largest independent insulation contracting company on the east coast. Since most of our work comes from the new production construction line of homes, work has definately gone down in the last couple of years. She's lost 8 hours, works 4 days a week, while her co-worker is granted 40 hours and even made 7.5 hours of overtime this past week. Her co-worker also makes quite a bit more per hour than she does as well (because she's been there longer). This same co-worker used to call-out once a week (sometimes 2 days in a row) for the past few years on a regular basis, up until about 2 months ago when rumors started to circulate that people may be getting laid off. GF hasn't used one sick day in the past 4 years she's been there, and has only used 2 vacation days in those 4 years. Still haven't quite figured it out yet

Since I work out in the field, and I'm pretty good friends with my superintendent, my checks never suffer and I'm top priority when it comes to work. Not only that, but I make bank off repairs. "Repairs" that builders call in because another trade screwed up what we've already done, our company doesn't want to bill for it to risk pissing off the builder and a contract, so it comes out of my company's pocket But it's like everybody says around there anyways... always looking for a way to save a dime, but spend a dollar

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

white
    2000 Z28

unions are the biggest problem around here
    thats what union meetings are for. if people dont go then those in charge act like the govt. they do what they want without so much as a speed bump. that stuff has been going on way b4 obama. we actually have members that go to meetings here with good intentions. granted your local is all you see but there is no local in pa that is considered to be a top program in my the sheet metal industry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information