Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CBR1000 owners enter

I haven't gotten a chance to sit on one, but is there anyone out there that owns one that can compare it for me to a Hayabusa or BMW K1200S? I've been on both of those and they are VERY comfy for my size since they are both big bikes and I'm tall with long arms/legs... but the CBR1k is a different class but I've heard its similiar in size? theres a yamaha/suz dealership around me and Ive sat on a few of thier smaller sport bikes but they are too tiny for me! i'm sellin my car and bike soon and want to downgrade to shitty beater car, and nice new bike

i have a 2004 1krr, im 6'1" and the 1krr is actually smaller then the 6rr in seat height and peg position. i like my bike i have 20k miles on it. i bought it new today's 1krr is ugly as sin

I have a cbr954, I'm 6'4" 220 and its a great fit... I'd guess the 1000s are similar. However my friend has a busa and my knees are too high on the tank and isn't comfortable at all to me. I really like mine because with long arms I can sit almost upright. My bro has 636 ninja and I would never want one, got to lean over way too much to just cruise around.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

I have a Busa and have riden the 1000 and my Busa is much more comfortable then the 1000 was. The seating was better, the position in which you sit was more comfortable on my back and such. Now Im sure with some tweaking it could be comfortable like a new seat and some adjustments here and there but out the box I rate teh Busa more comfortable then the 1000
    Shawn
    Daily: 2003 MY Z06 D1SC | Toy: 2006 Hayabusa Garrett T-3 | Hauler: 2007 Nissan Titan LE CC
    I like being Blown!!

im kinda spoiled by my beemer bike, its beyond comfy... but i dont have the moeny for a 1300s nor even old stock 1200s and used bikes of either are like a handfull in the country at a time, so im gunna have to go jap. i have a ton of magazines on bikes and i was interested in the cbr1k only because its insanly lite for its power output and seems to be a track fav for anyone whos ever riden it this side of a 1098r.... but on the same note i do more local road fun and long highway cruises to the catskills and such so small sport bikes although fun as shit i can imagine would be a far cry from ideal for actual riding, especially since i dont race on a fuckin track like all the magazines seem to base ride results on! anywho i appreciat the input so far keep it comming! the busa i think is the sickest looking bike and im used to musclecar scene and this seems to be the muscle car of the bike world, its just so goddamn heavy on paper (albiet not too much more then my beemer!) but i just wanted to look around abit before i make a decision. shame there isnt more open houses on bikes! it aint like the car world where you can test drive a dozen cars before you decide what you like!

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

busa wider, cbr taller
    i can plant my feet on a busa, but i was on tip toes on a cbr954
    keep in mind im a 5'5 girl who is trying to find a bike i fit on so im sure ure in a different situation! im lookin at 250s and ure scorin a 1k or busa lol
    good luck!!! and i say go suzuki

ps- the busa may look heavy on "paper" but i can hold one up, so if i can do it im sure u can!!!

also remember a busa is a sport touring and is cheaper on insurance

cbr is a sport bike and is little more on insurance since it has a RR on it

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    busa wider, cbr taller
    keep in mind im a 5'5 girl who is trying to find a bike i fit on so im sure ure in a different situation! im lookin at 250s and ure scorin a 1k or busa lol

ps- the busa may look heavy on "paper" but i can hold one up, so if i can do it im sure u can!!!
    Lowering links work wonderful for those with the problem of reaching the ground. As to the op for feel/ride between the 1kRR and busa, busa hands down for comfort. and its well balanced. Sorry, but have no input for the BMW. Never been on one. Good luck!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

My last bike was stolen, haven't got another since

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Jason View Post
    Lowering links work wonderful for those with the problem of reaching the ground. As to the op for feel/ride between the 1kRR and busa, busa hands down for comfort. and its well balanced. Sorry, but have no input for the BMW. Never been on one. Good luck!
    thats what i was told about lowering
    im thinking an f4i and maybe lowering it.
    sorry off topic!

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

im a zx14 fan myself, but the new cbr1000rr is a real nice bike we have had a couple at the shop, i havent got a chance to ride one yet. Also the RR is a smaller framed bike compared to the busa and zx14 so if you are a larger guy it might feel slightly more cramped than the busa or 14.

yea i was on the zx actually, never on the street only in the shop, it wasnt as comfy as the busa or k1200s, although it was quite impressive! but i fell in love with the busa style over the zx, they just look too plain for some reason haha!

well i'm 6'2 so heights never been an issue, bmw's are notoriously high, ive been on my brother in laws 1200gs dual sport and that thing feels like its 8 feet high! its like the jeep wrangler of the motorcylce world haha i have an r850r roadster (kinda a naked street bike cafe racer style) but it has a boxer twin and drive shaft so i think its 480+ pounds? is plenty light to feel and i didnt mean heavy like i dont trust the cornering or stablity, i was just comparing the specs on paper and the busa is a isnt that heavy for a super sport cruiser but the cbr puts out nearly the same power (well its in the same category almost) and its waaay freakin lighter. i'm a weight nazi on anything performance i was even stupid enough to get one of those rear seat delete kits for my trans and i get a twitch if i have to lug something around in my trunk! haha

but i think, atleast around here, that the insurance cought up to the touring bike class bs to describe the busa haha
    Last edited by grandkodiak; 03-19-2009 at 07:31 AM.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

check out a new RR i think you will like it

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

I've got an '06 1000RR and I love it. My co-worker owns both the Hyabusa and the BMW K1200R. He's ridden my CBR. The BMW is by far the best "all-around" bike. He rides that thing in all weather conditions with no trouble. It's comfortable on lengthy trips and it's got some get up and go in it too. The CBR is not comfortable on longer trips. I bought it to play with friends on the weekend, it's stylish appearance, and it gets way better fuel mileage than my Silverado.

It basically boils down to what you want out of a motorcycle. Transportation or toy? I stand 6'3" 235lbs. I'm comfortably positioned on the 1000RR. I feel like a monkey fuckin' a football on the 600.

i am 6'2" 210 lbs and while i like my 06 1krr i can't stand driving it on highways for long distances. corner carving - I can do all day long. the busa will be more comfortable and much cheaper to insure. my cbr is $450/yr and i've been riding for 8 yrs and only have liability (full covereage was $2400/yr). friend pays only $250/yr for his busa.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    busa wider, cbr taller

Don't go less than a 500 you'll hate that 250

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

get the honda. i'm sure its the best overall performance out of the bikes you list and i'd put money on it that its the most reliable. A honda motorcycle is about as reliable as a 5lb mini sledgehammer

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Don't go less than a 500 you'll hate that 250
    boobs or bike unless i can find something cheap...
    ive found f4is for 3k... we'll see spring is coming...actually its the first day of spring!

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    get the honda. i'm sure its the best overall performance out of the bikes you list and i'd put money on it that its the most reliable. A honda motorcycle is about as reliable as a 5lb mini sledgehammer
    Very true, buddies got a 929rr with close to 30k on it you know what all he has done to it? Nothing, just maintenance, oil, oil filter, air filter, chain and sprockets, and a battery. The bike get stunted all summer usually.

haha i have 60,400 on my bmw r850r on oil/fluids and tires hahahahahaha

anywho, i just got to test drive the k1300s... ho....ly....fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. i will have nothing else. period. i will now sell everything i own, and probably stuff i dont own, until i can get one for myself. omfg, omfg, and...omfg. it was like a dream you float down the road and it drives itself, your soul job is not to get thrown of the back HAHAHA. omfg, omfg...omfg.

there was an open house at the bmw/ducati shop so i took the hour ride to get there, waited 3 hours to my slot to open, and cried myself happy the entire way home haha. but there was a honda dealer next door and i sat on the cbr1k before the ride... its simply too short for me, my arms where really uncomfy just on the showroom floor... shame, its a really sick bike!

in reality though i have to test drive a busa now, because ill never be able to afford the k1300s for atleast 2-3 years, so i gotta find me a used busa or k1200s, but they are insanly hard to find used, and all the dealers already cleared out thier 2008 stock. what REALLY sucks is that the only dealership around here that sells the busa doesnt have open houses and i dont think they have a demo model available even for a schedualed ride. gotta make a busa friend quick haha! they seem to be almost identical minus some creature comforts to the k1200/1300s so it should feel to different, same basic weight, power, and angles/distances from pegs seat and bars. omg i cant wait to upgrade, that k1300s did to my r850r from what my trans am did to my 1985 olds mobile HAHA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information