Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Careless driving ticket?

I got a careless driveing ticket in Michigan for doing a small donut/slide in my high school parking lot. A police officer called me down to police station and gave me ticket 4 hours after I did it. How can they ticket me based of parking lot attendant of who ever seen it? The ticket is for 4 points and 140 dollars. What can I do to get the points off? This is first time ticket and I am 17 years old.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

go to court, plead not guilty.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

lol i like how your age is displayed as 27...

ya i don’t know why it says 27. How can I plead not guilty when I have a hugger orange z28 and tons of witnesses and people seen me do it.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

You're gonna have to get a lawyer. 4 points at 17 will suck bad. I've gotten out of every reckless/racing ticket I've ever gotten w/a lawyer. Sucks but it'll teach you not to do dumb shit anymore.

ya I usually don't do dumb shit and never speed but last day at school I decided a leaving burnout would be no big deal seeing how jeeps and shit were doing it and then a few hours later and I see POLICE on caller ID and I was like "oh shit". Then I go down there hoping they don’t hit me to hard and there hitting me with 4 points.
    In general how much is a lawyer going to cost me?

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Still dont think the cop can prove you were driving the car tho.

I know that the traffic attendant seen me for sure because she tried to stop me but I drove off. Also I did not bring the Camaro to the police station and told them it was my dad's car when the cop asked. The cop that ticketed me was the school police offer if that caries any weight. Who can I say was driving my car? Can I say I let a friend take it for a spin and he did it or something? I will consult a lawyer to see how much it is going to cost me.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

idiot...man up to what you did. pay the fine, lose the points, learn from it, and don't repeat...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

no problem with the fine, Just the point's. 21 and under 4 points and that's you're license.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

I absolutely hate renta-cops. They all seem to have power trip complexes. For example: I was leaving the HS parking lot, same way I did every day, and one of the School cops stopped me. He said that an administrator had told him that he saw me going "too fast" and that I needed to slow down. I was going 20mph tops. All the ricer fan boys always go like 40mph but never get stopped. I even saw one that tried to be cool and race in the parking lot, he wound up hitting a parked car when he tried to "drift".
    Renta-cops are big time PITAs.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Go to court. Most likely the witnesses wont show up. Either way plead guilty with explination and Point out the fact that the officer was not there. He shouldnt be able to give yu a ticket.

Believe me going to court and fighting it is the best thing to do. Judges respect you more when you man up to what you did. If your honest and show that you care by going most of the time the judge will reduce the points or remove the points. Having to pay just a fine and having no points is better then nothing.

I got ticketed for the bolavard rule when i got hit in my monte carlo the first time. I got out of the points and the fine. I got ticketed for rolling my blazer, 3 points. I got out of the points and fine and only had to visit a 3 hours seminar on wreckless driving. Saved my ass.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SStriker View Post
    I got ticketed for the bolavard rule when i got hit in my monte carlo the first time. I got out of the points and the fine. I got ticketed for rolling my blazer, 3 points. I got out of the points and fine and only had to visit a 3 hours seminar on wreckless driving. Saved my ass.
    Explain boulevard rule and rolling.

NBM
    1998Z28

GET A LAWYER! They might be pissed off 17 year old people that day and you don't want to walk or drive a Lickercycle do you? You won't probally even have to go to court if you get one. Hell they probally got you on videocamera, most places have them. So go ahead and pay the middleman thats the way the system works.

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    Explain boulevard rule and rolling.
    In maryland we have this rule where if your hit while entering a road from a side street you are at fault. I was hit entering a main road by a car that was on the wrong side of the road. I got off clean after i explained that to the Judge. I wouldnt have been hit if the car was on the right side of the road.

I rolled my blazer after getting sideways in some snow that blew onto the road. When i hit dry pavement it shot me into a embankment and i rolled. I got a ticket for ending up off the road. THe judge didnt really let me talk much but let me off easier beucase i care enough about my record to show up.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Gotcha. Holy crap! Rolling. Your lucky to be ok.

NBM
    99 TA

same thing happened to my buddy in high school. We were in his truck and the ass. principal told us to leave so he smoked the tires right in front of him. School cop gave him a stunting ticket. He took it to court and won.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

im going to traffic school for 4 hours tomorrow morning lol
    (thats for speeding tho)

luckily my school doesnt have a school cop. BUT, we have cameras... so, i guess itd be real easy to hand out tickets for shit like that

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

High school parking lots. I did something 5 years ago that I wanted to do 30 years previous to that. We had a pep rally at the football field prior to the event for my 30 year reunion. I had a 96 Z28 Vert at the time. I roasted the crap out of the tires in front of GOD and everyone. Got a standing O from the crowd.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    High school parking lots. I did something 5 years ago that I wanted to do 30 years previous to that. We had a pep rally at the football field prior to the event for my 30 year reunion. I had a 96 Z28 Vert at the time. I roasted the crap out of the tires in front of GOD and everyone. Got a standing O from the crowd.
    Nice.................!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information