Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Wrecks

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Car Wrecks

Lets talk about wrecking our cars

Well i almost wrecked my camaro for the first time tonight, i washed it after work, went to one of those self service bays, not the best in the world, but they work when you just need a little cleaning up, but anyway.

After wards i went to dry it, i live in a small town, so i got on a two lane farm to market road, its basically a nicely paved 2 lane road in the middle nowhere, here in east texas we have rolling hills, slow curves, and god damn armadillos. so im cruising along about 70, come around a right hand curve, kind of a hard one, wanted to feel some G's, my right headlight is out. so once im far enough around the curve to see the huge dillo, im right up on him, i swerved left, didnt feel like a hard swerve, but all 4 wheels came loose, i got out of the gas, pumped the brakes, and tried to keep in the road.

I got in the ditch twice, and changed directions 6 or 7 times over 150 feet or so. didnt flip though, i dont know how, the first three swerves were about 35-40 degrees off center. also got my car dirty as hell.

Its been an hour and im still shaking.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Dude, when you get into a situation like that, the first reaction is the jerk instinct... but you really should just end that dillos exsistance... I had a possum almost get me killed once... now I will slay foolish roadkill-to-be with imputiny... Trust me, the damage they can do to your car is way less then the damage you can do to yourself, your car, and others on the road.

I learned that the hard way =\

Oh well, alls well dat ends well... it sounds like your car is ok yea?

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

It drove home just fine, but its dark, so i cant tell, i didnt go far enough into the ditch to bury the front clip, so im sure fine.

my first instinct wasnt to swerve, but it looked like a a dog,or something big, it had just been hit, it was flopping around, and i had time to react, i didnt fell like i was really "Swerving" more like avoiding, but from now on i think im just gonna hit whatever. if it had been a cat/possum/whatever i woulda smoked it, but i big dilllo at 70, damn.

btw, i just noticed you have a green 94, i have a green 95, i saw your avitar out of the corner of my eye and thought wait, i dont have a pic like that of my car.

oh yeah, i also called some girls, told them i almost died, they comforted me, it was nice.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

You still haven't figured out how to change that damned headlamp???

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Werd!

And yes, do not swerve for a small rodent like animal. Just because the Armadillo's can get pretty big, it is better to run it over and have minor damage then to total your car.

Hell, this summer I had to run over a freaking Retread. It tore apart my front spoiler. I was pissed, but it was heavy traffic and I would have hit a car if I had swerved!

Good luck.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

ha how does sitting sideways in the fast lane of interstate 70 with a semi coming straight at you sound???

It sucked. Bad. Never ride with a noob that just got his liscense 2 months before, has a formula, and has never driven on a on ramp in the rain. NEVER.

we were on the on-ramp, he broke loose and didnt let off the gas, we did a 480 spin and ened up on the fast lane on west bound 70, the car was parralell to the lane, me being on the right seeing the oncoming traffic coming right at me!

i was yelling at him BACK IT UP BACK IT UP, luckily it started right up! he backed into the median just as several semi's comes hooooooonking past! we pulled out and went back to my house with me cussing him out the rest of the day.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    Werd!

And yes, do not swerve for a small rodent like animal. Just because the Armadillo's can get pretty big, it is better to run it over and have minor damage then to total your car.

Hell, this summer I had to run over a freaking Retread. It tore apart my front spoiler. I was pissed, but it was heavy traffic and I would have hit a car if I had swerved!

Good luck.
    Yeah thats why I have some minor front end damage. My dad hit something that fell out of the back of a truck while driving down the road, he couldnt get over so he just tryed to straddle it. Only mistake he made was not running the guy down to have it fixed. I have also had to straddle a retread but luckily enough for me it made ALOT of noise but no damage.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Never been in a wreck but been in plenty near wreck experiences, lets just say quick reactions and a good e-brakes are life savors

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Never been in a wreck but been in plenty near wreck experiences, lets just say quick reactions and a good e-brakes are life savors
    you will...give it time

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    YES, today, finally, theres a firestone place next to where i work.

the reason i couldnt figure it out is because the low-beam is a sealed beam, not just a bulb, so ih had to replace the whole damn assembly, not just the bulb. so i got a bulb for $75 they put it in for $20.

If i had seen that it was just a rodent, ever a large one, i woulda hit it, but i was hauling ass, and saw what looked like something huge in the road.

Im guessing the swerve didnt feel hard because i was taking a fast right turn, then swerved left, so the G's kind of equaled out. but yeah, no damage done, just some dirt on my left side.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Also right after i got my car i was going across this long straight bridge, its nice, skinny ass shoulders, concrete walls, so no cops, little over a mile run, i haul ass down it every day. so there was an 18-wheeler, followed by 2 halves of a trailer house, theyre doing about 70, me about 85. we were close to the end, i was coasting.

well turns out there was a car sitting on the right side of the road.i pass the first part of the trailer house, and about to pass the second, when that first truck passed the car. well the trailer house is wide, so he swerved. luckily those trailer houses are high on the back cuz it went over my car, no shit, the back of the house was about 6 inches in front of my windshield by the time i got slowed down, with the other half behind me, and walls on each side, i was stuck, and in a damn tight spot, almost shit my pants.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    YES, today, finally, theres a firestone place next to where i work.

the reason i couldnt figure it out is because the low-beam is a sealed beam, not just a bulb, so ih had to replace the whole damn assembly, not just the bulb. so i got a bulb for $75 they put it in for $20.

If i had seen that it was just a rodent, ever a large one, i woulda hit it, but i was hauling ass, and saw what looked like something huge in the road.

Im guessing the swerve didnt feel hard because i was taking a fast right turn, then swerved left, so the G's kind of equaled out. but yeah, no damage done, just some dirt on my left side.
    Wow, $75 for a headlight? I had a 97 and I don't think I paid more than $35

Glad your O.K.,

I was in OK and I wanted to see a Armadillo but I never got the chance

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i work with a guy who drives a 81 Z28, he was inspecting mine for damage today, couldnt find anything permanent, just grass and dirt, but then i noticed cracks on my tires some close to the bead in a circular pattern (following to the tire) and some about halfway out, perpendicular to the rim, both set going all the way around the tire.

could this be from the sidewalls buckling while i was sideways? i havent noticed any leakage yet. My tires are also pretty old, possibly the originals

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

also, i think i pulled all the muscles in my left arm sometime during the swerving, possibly got jerked, cuz it hurts like a bitch, particularly around the shoulder joint, and the back of my forearm

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

where in east texas

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I always hit shit, I've hit Deer and dillos..... lots of fucking Dillos. Once I hit a big one in my buddys ranger I swear to god it felt like the truck came off the ground. On my bike I've hit 1 possum. My next vehicle will be a truck with a large armored truck bumper replacement/cow catcher.

Also years ago when I owned a Fiero I almost hit a big bull standing in the middle of the road. I came so close to him I had spit all over my car

Black
    1999 Trans Am

I hit a trash can square on going 55. It broke in 2 pieces.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Longview/Tyler, I might be in lewisville on thursday though

Black
    2000 Camaro SS Coupe M6

im from longview

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    I hit a trash can square on going 55. It broke in 2 pieces.
    shit man, quit driving on the sidewalks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information