Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Captain America Trailer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JerVrbLldXw[/ame]

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

never followed captain america comics, but the movie looks good.

the dude playing CA, was the dude in fantastic four?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    the dude playing CA, was the dude in fantastic four?
    Yes, he was the Human Torch. I thought it was weird that they'd use an actor already established as another major comic book character, but he looks and sounds different enough in this one that I guess that won't be a problem. (Same thing with Ryan Reynolds playing the Green Lantern, as he was also Deadpool in Wolverine... there aren't enough good actors out there?)

Trailer looks good, I'm ready for this one and especially Thor, then we can hopefully get a really good Avengers movie like they're promising...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

hollywood has been producing crap stories for the most part in movies.

bout time they turn to established stories, writers and characters, such as books and comics..

hopefully the script is not written for shit

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    hollywood has been producing crap stories for the most part in movies.

bout time they turn to established stories, writers and characters, such as books and comics..

hopefully the script is not written for shit
    Good luck with that.....lol

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

looks awesome. i never got into comics or captain america...but i'm a huge wwII buff so th is is right up my alley.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    looks awesome. i never got into comics or captain america...but i'm a huge wwII buff so th is is right up my alley.
    Ya if written right, it oughta be WWII sci-fi, don't see much of that...

Navy Blue Metallic

I don't know how....did you watch the trailer? Notice the WWII uniforms, weapons, and such?

Tommy Lee Jones even quoted GEN Patton.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

most writters in hollywood are jews.. not sure how that applies to a WWII movie.

i was looking for a joke, but decided to pass

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

looks badass

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yes, he was the Human Torch. I thought it was weird that they'd use an actor already established as another major comic book character, but he looks and sounds different enough in this one that I guess that won't be a problem. (Same thing with Ryan Reynolds playing the Green Lantern, as he was also Deadpool in Wolverine... there aren't enough good actors out there?)

Trailer looks good, I'm ready for this one and especially Thor, then we can hopefully get a really good Avengers movie like they're promising...
    Like how Dead Pool is The Green Lantern?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Eh the Fantistic Four comic is now dead Marvel has officially ended it. Also the Human Torch is dead in the comics when it ends so I guess hes free to be another super hero now.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Ya if written right, it oughta be WWII sci-fi, don't see much of that...
    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I don't know how....did you watch the trailer? Notice the WWII uniforms, weapons, and such?

Tommy Lee Jones even quoted GEN Patton.
    I'm not sure of how the movie is going to play out, but in the Captain America storyline used for the comics, it begins in WWII. Steve Rogers (Captain America) tries to enlist in the Army but is deemed too weak and scrawny to be a soldier. He is given a second chance by being a test subject in an experimental program. The program's goal is to create enhanced "super soldiers" through a special serum. Rogers makes it through the procedures successfully and becomes the first, and only, super soldier. He is given the new identity of Captain America and is sent off to fight the Nazi's. During one of his campaigns, he attempts to diffuse an experimental Nazi missile that ends up exploding in mid-air. He is believed to be dead because no body is found, but he is actually hurled into the North Atlantic ocean and is frozen. His body is discovered in modern time and is unfrozen. He is briefed on the whole incident and adjusts to modern times and becomes Captain America once again.

That's a basic background story in cases you havent ever picked up a Captain America comic in your life, which, if you havent, is very sad. If anyone is interested, go out and pick up a copy of Captain America: Winter Soldier. You'll be glad you did.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Yep. WWII sci-fi. And don't forget the Red Skull, Germany's attempt to duplicate the super soldier experiment. It partially succeeds, but it deforms the test subject (hence his name) and makes him a bit insane...

From what they show in the trailer, it seems that this movie only deals with his time in WWII. I wonder if it will deal with the unfrozen in the present angle, or if it will only deal with WWII...? Perhaps it will end with him being frozen as a setup for the Avengers, or perhaps the Avengers will begin with him being found and unfrozen...

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Did you not read the entire post you quoted?

Yep. WWII sci-fi. And don't forget the Red Skull, Germany's attempt to duplicate the super soldier experiment. It partially succeeds, but it deforms the test subject (hence his name) and makes him a bit insane...

From what they show in the trailer, it seems that this movie only deals with his time in WWII. I wonder if it will deal with the unfrozen in the present angle, or if it will only deal with WWII...? Perhaps it will end with him being frozen as a setup for the Avengers, or perhaps the Avengers will begin with him being found and unfrozen...
    The modern Captain America part will probably be depicted in the 2012 movie "The Avengers" which will have The Hulk, Ironman, Thor, and Captain America as the main four Avengers.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    The modern Captain America part will probably be depicted in the 2012 movie "The Avengers" which will have The Hulk, Ironman, Thor, and Captain America as the main four Avengers.
    My guess is it'll focus mainly on the WWII stuff and end with him on the rocket exploding over the ocean. And then, after all the credits have rolled, there'll be a quick scene of him in a block of ice being recovered from bottom of the ocean by Nick Fury and his team, setting up for his de-freezing in Avengers. Or something along those lines.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Marvel Animation did a pretty good Captain America story in [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Avengers-Movie-Justin-Gross/dp/B000CEVC9M"]Ultimate Avengers[/ame]. It will provide a good background and it doesn't hurt that it's entertaining. This one starts with WWII but quickly gets to Fury thawing out Cap.

They did a second one also but it was not nearly as good.

Although Ultimate Avengers 1 focuses on Cap, the last part is mainly about Hulk opening a major can of whoopass. Great stuff!

Navy Blue Metallic

I think they are going to have to explain how the Hulk joins the team more. Not just some 5 second brief explanation.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    Did you not read the entire post you quoted?
    Heh, thank you. I wasn't sure if he was asking what I meant by that, like he hadn't heard, or if he was asking as an example, not seeing that I had just said that same thing...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I think they are going to have to explain how the Hulk joins the team more. Not just some 5 second brief explanation.
    Yeah I'm curious about how much of the original story they'll use. Where Loki framed the Hulk and they originally joined forces to fight the Hulk, then realized the truth and joined with the Hulk to fight Loki... I'm sure they'll change or bastardize it in some way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information