midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Can't shake this feeling

Hey guys, long time since I been around. Wondering if I coukd get any advice. I just have this never satisfied feeling. I used to think it was some sort push to greatness but apparently it's not. Not satisfied in life, nor career. The trans am is not fast enough... you name it. Always want things better. Make decent money and drive a beater. Want something better have the money but can't bring myself to shell out the cash. Just nonstop self analyzing every decision. End up not doing anything. It's killing me. Anybody ever deal with this kinda stuff? In the end I'm not sure a bigger house or newer car is gonna make me a happy man.
    LSExtreme Long tube Headers ( one of the lucky few I guess )
    Mufflex 4 inch y-pipe
    Magnaflow catback (Quad Tip)
    Killed the kitty cats
    Sounds pretty f'n good!!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

It won't. Trust me. Happiness does not come from those types of things.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    Hey guys, long time since I been around. Wondering if I coukd get any advice. I just have this never satisfied feeling. I used to think it was some sort push to greatness but apparently it's not. Not satisfied in life, nor career. The trans am is not fast enough... you name it. Always want things better. Make decent money and drive a beater. Want something better have the money but can't bring myself to shell out the cash. Just nonstop self analyzing every decision. End up not doing anything. It's killing me. Anybody ever deal with this kinda stuff? In the end I'm not sure a bigger house or newer car is gonna make me a happy man.
    I highlighted the problem. The other stuff means nothing.....it's just stuff. Some of the happiest people I've ever met were dirt poor and some of the most miserable were rich as hell. Money and material things have nothing to do with happiness or being content. I would look at your life and your job and see what things there need changed. My suggestion is to marry a woman that can pay the bills and quit your job and learn to run a vacuum cleaner.....very therapeutic. Seriously though....my wife and kids are what makes me happy. Everything else I can do without if I have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

midnight blue

LoL... I agree. I work to much. Just burnt out I guess.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Do you enjoy what you do?

midnight blue

At this point it's a job. It's not my passion. If I could quit and maintain my lifestyle I would but that's not possible.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you mean the lifestyle of not being happy or content? Many years ago I worked a job where I made killer money but I worked a shit ton of over time to get it. I worked there for about 7-8 years and it burned me out. During the summer I would put in 84 hours a week for 3 months straight.....that's 12 hour days with no days off for 3 months. I had more money at that time in my life than I'd ever had before or have had since and yet I was the most miserable. When I quit that job I said I would never let a job effect my life like that again and I stuck to it. Do I own yachts and mansions now? Hell no.....but on most days I'm a pretty happy person. I'm content with what I have....I don't want more than I have. The lesson there is that you can always live with a lot less stuff than you think you can. Happiness and time have value.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

And on the flip side....you can also not be happy with your job because you're not happy outside your job. One can cause the other, and vice-versa. Work isn't always the cause, nor is income.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

So is it just the car and house the only things you think about? It kinda almost sounds like depression or anxiety, especially with the non-stop analyzing. Are you getting enough sleep, good food? Maybe you need a few days off to do some relaxing.
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    L76 6.0L block, PRC Ported 243 heads, Texas Speed 224R cam.
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Sway Bar
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    UMI Welded-on Two Piece Subframe Connectors
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    415 rwhp

red
    95 Z28

LoL... I agree. I work to much. Just burnt out I guess.
    Everyone in here is giving great advice. That being said, go rough up the suspect a bit. You'll feel better

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Work can be alot of people's problems. Especially if they don't know how to leave work issues at work and they don't fill fulfilled with their job. My gf bitches about her job all the time and i keep telling her to quit and find or do something else or shut up about it. Bitching isn't helping it just makes it worse because she dwells on it all the time. She's too worried about what other people do and not what she needs to do. She finally has seen my side and has decided to go back to school and get another degree in a field she worked in a couple years ago and really enjoyed.

I've learned how to leave work at work. She gets on me because I don't tell her about every little thing I did at work. But when I get home I wanna relax and do whatever I want to do not worry about some ass hole or my boss. I still work at home sometimes can't avoid it all the time but I don't want my life revolving around it like some people let theirs. Hell I'm looking for a new job myself because my company is just throwing ideas at the wall and hoping something sticks and it's bringing moral down but I still rarely bitch about it at home unless I've had one he'll of a bad day.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

midnight blue

I've prob average 60-70 hrs a week for the last 5+ years. I've hit some 84 hr weeks too. My girl is content on waiting for her dream job to fall in her lap vs just going out and making more cash. I'm just saving for that rainy day. I feel good when I know I'm making money but beyond that...m I'm just lost

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Well, I'll just give one more piece of advice. Having a shit ton of money in the bank isn't doing you any good. Saving it for a rainy day isn't doing you any good. You, Sir, are not getting younger. Sounds like you work a lot and for what? Right now, pretty much nothing. So, go reward yourself. Or, go reward someone. It doesn't have to be about you. Making others happy will in return make you happy. Go on a vacation.

Last edited by 35th-ANV-SS; 05-18-2016 at 08:08 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

for some reason I thought this was going to be a "Rick Roll" thread...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

me too at first and I'm still humming this song everytime I open the thread.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You need to go on vacation, in another country, somewhere where no one can call you. Or go camping, take a hike in the mountains. You'd be surprised what you can sort out. Don't bring anyone with you either.

I might recommend Colorado for its therapeutic atmosphere...

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

A nice vacation sounds necessary. Most people work way too much and don't get out and relax and enjoy themselves. Like others have said leaving work shit at work helps.

Thread Information