Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Can they do this?

Okay here is the deal. In early February I went to Greenway Ford to look at getting a truck like my dad's. I drove it, we agree'ed to apply for credit on it. In the end I decided against it I did not like the interest rate even though I had a pretty hefty chunk of money to put down. In their efforts to sell me a car the man showed me a 2006 Mustang V-6 and I said no and I just walked away. This was early, early February keep in mind. I get a letter saying that on Feb, 21st I applied for credit and was denied on a 2006 Mustang. I did not authorize them to run my credit on that car. To top it off they ran it through 30 different places according to my credit report. I was not even IN the dealership on the 21st. These assholes are practically ruining my credit. I am waiting for them to open and I am going straight there as soon as I get off work because this is complete and utter bullshit. Do I have a right to contact our lawyer over this if shit hits the fan?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Inquiries within 14 days of each other & of the same type are considered as one on your credit score.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Ive had that happen on a car and on a house. Not sure what can be done about sucks.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I did not inquire on two cars.

NBM
    99 TA

Either way, you didn't get approved so how good could your credit have been in the first place?

jk bud that sucks - i would at least go down there and give them hell for it

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    Either way, you didn't get approved so how good could your credit have been in the first place?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Actually I was approved on the truck, but I changed my mind because I thought the interest at 14% was outrageous considering my 711 score and 6k down. Just pisses me off that these assholes ran my credit through over 30 different banks because I refused to go with that rate.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

holy shit a 711 score and they want to give you a 14% interest rate. Fuck them.

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

you should go back there and take the V6 for a test drive, but by yourself, and when you get out of view brake torque that bitch at every stop light... it is rearwheel drive should be some satisfaction... hell bring a eight pack of miller light ponies with ya hahaha

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

What I should do is go down there and go postal...but since I'm a nice guy I'll just tell anyone that mentions greenway ford this story and hopefully drive a few potential customers away. Fuck dealerships, always buy privately.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

if you have a 711 credit score why would you be denied??? and they had to run it at lots of different places?? sounds like bad credit to me.....

how much was the truck and how much was the mustang?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I was not denied. I told them no deal. The truck was 18k, the mustang was the same. I was going to put 6 down, and finance 12k. 14% interest was outrageous. I'm sorry but I refuse to pay that much. Next thing I know I'm getting letter stating I was denied credit.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

The whole thing was I did not even open the door of the mustang because I absolutey did not want it. No freakin way. On the way back inside the salesman was like well how about a mustang and I said no I don't want to buy anything from you and I left.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

One of my friends that works at a bank said on the bill of sale the place can write any amount and submit it for approval and naturally I would been denied if it was more than what I could afford. I truly believe these guys we're pissed off and did this to hurt my credit.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'm assuming when you gave them the okay to run your credit, you signed the paperwork. You screwed yourself there as you should never sign away the right for them to run your credit until you've agreed on a price on the vehicle.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah I realize I did that, but I never agreed to have my credit run on the mustang.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Your word against theirs. You signed the dotted line for them to run your credit prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Yeah I realize I did that, but I never agreed to have my credit run on the mustang.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

That makes sense. Damn that was stupid of me. Thanks for clearing that up Siggy.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You're welcome. I wish I could give you better news but there's nothing you can do. Your name is there on the paper, giving them the okay to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    That makes sense. Damn that was stupid of me. Thanks for clearing that up Siggy.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

I'll go through a bank or better yet credit union from now on when I make a vehicle purchase. Much better interest rates. Mine is far less than 711 and I got 6.5% on up to about $22k (didn't use that much but it was there if I wanted it) at my credit union. One dealership I went to, I was curious one day about what they'd offer just for s-n-g's, and they wouldn't approve me for anything at all, lol, on a much less amount too. Much easier to bargain and make deals at a dealer when you've got a bank check to pay with and they don't know the amount.

My 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6... ASC# 1244 ... Born on June 23, 2001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information