Thread: Can I win

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Can I win

I have a race Sunday on a closed, wide open road at 11:30 am. It is a 2003 Z06 all stock with chrome rims. It is a M6 with a driver that has never raced before. I have about 100 passes under my belt with mods in the sig. What do you think the outcome will be, I will have video for this race, I am having a passenger, and he is too. I picked my lightest friend which is about 150lbs. We are going from a 20mph roll which I get my best traction. I think I may have a shot but I have never raced a Z06 so I am curious if anyone else has experience with this car. Either way, win or lose it will be fun as hell.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have a race Sunday on a closed, wide open road at 11:30 am. It is a 2003 Z06 all stock with chrome rims. It is a M6 with a driver that has never raced before. I have about 100 passes under my belt with mods in the sig. What do you think the outcome will be, I will have video for this race, I am having a passenger, and he is too. I picked my lightest friend which is about 150lbs. We are going from a 20mph roll which I get my best traction. I think I may have a shot but I have never raced a Z06 so I am curious if anyone else has experience with this car. Either way, win or lose it will be fun as hell.

It will be close but I think he will pull you up top, If your the better driver you may win

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Top speed due to length of the road will probably be limited to 90 or so, I am still trying to convince him to do more races. 20 roll is good but I know I can get him off the line, no doubt about that. Video will be from my car. The road is about a 1/4 mile long so we will be racing about 1/8 mile.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I think you will take him ever so slightly.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks for the support, the Z06 new or old is a car I look up to quite a bit. It is one of my dream cars, to beat one would be sweet.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I have the same car as your with the same mods and dynoed 350rwhp and 360 rwtq. which is considered a strong dyno with just bolt on mods. I also turn just under 12.5 in the 1320

The z06 dynos about the same, is lighter and turns low mid 12s, so to me this race will be won with the best driver mod.

goodluck and let us know the outcome.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I think 1/8 mile against a crappy driver is the only way you have a chance not trying to be a jerk, but I just think his car would win 1/4 mile easily if he could drive.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

he will take you. your engine with its mods is maybe on par with his engine stock, but his car is so much lighter.

should run them from a stop, if you ask me.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    The driver is a huge factor. When you say he has never raced are you saying that he has never gone to the track or anything, even by himself? If he has never even shifted the way it needs to be done when drag racing then watch out, he may hit reverse, lol.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Don't race from a roll!!! Take advantage of his inexperience!

meanZ97
    Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Don't race from a roll!!! Take advantage of his inexperience!
    Word!

White
    '10 ZR1

Well? Did ya win?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Sorry to get back to everyone so late but nothing happened. The retard got a DUI on Friday night and spent the weekend in jail. He just got out of jail today. I don't think he'll be getting his license back anytime soon so no racing for him. I guess I'll get some more mods then when he can drive, I'll walk him.

Thread Information