Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Question Can the dark knight rises beat out the avengers?

In sales? Also based on what you seen so far of it...... do you think it will be the better movie?
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 05-16-2012 at 04:31 PM.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

From what I've seen so far, Tom Hardy does not look at all like the Bane pictured in the comics.

I think they should have hired Marius Pudzionowski for the part.

Maybe the story will be totally great, but honestly, Heath Ledger was such a great Joker that it will be hard for another Batman villain to top it.

I think Avengers will win out.

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

Avengers wont get beat by Batman cause Avengers is more of a family movie vs. Dark Knight Rises. I personally will not be taking my 7 yr old son to see Dark knight Rises.
    Last edited by robcas47; 05-17-2012 at 06:02 AM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

it can and it will. christopher nolan has made two absolutely amazing batman movies...the 2nd bigger than the first i dare say...and people are on pins and needles waiting to see how his trilogy will end.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Dont forget 1mile that 2 was right on the heels of heath ledgers death which really pushed its sales. I think it will do excellent but I doubt you will see the Avenger numbers.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Dont forget 1mile that 2 was right on the heels of heath ledgers death which really pushed its sales. I think it will do excellent but I doubt you will see the Avenger numbers.
    i don't think that it pushed the sales of it that much. i'm sure that there was a select group that went out and saw it because ledger was their favorite and they wanted to see him in his last role...but the real reason that it got the gross that it did was from the die hard fans of "batman begins" getting other people's asses in the seats. batman begins did very well in the theaters and picked up a loyal following before "dark knight" came out which is why that movie did so well. i think that the plain fact of the matter is is that people will want to see what happens to batman and bruce wayne in nolan's final installment. i dunno...i guess we'll see...i just think that the hype will propel it ahead.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

It's certainly possible. I just read an article the other day, the Dark Knight is one of the 12 movies that have crossed the billion dollar mark. It's certain to be a good one. But the Avengers has crossed all marks faster than any movie before. The Dark Knight was huge but the Avengers is a juggernaut. The new concept of having so many major characters and actors together in one movie, on top of it being an awesome movie, is really pushing it like no comic book movie before.

The Dark Knight rises will be awesome too, but as said it will be darker and less family friendly. Sure there's a huge fan base, but the Avengers drew in fans of so many previous movies. People may have only seen Iron Man or Captain America or Thor first and liked it, then decided to see the Avengers based on that. Dark Knight Rises just has fans of the previous Batman movies in line for this one...

Either way, it's gonna be a kick ass year for comic book movies! Probably 2+ billion dollars in 2 comic movies... Who would've thought that was possible 10-15 years ago...

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

I think Chris Nolan is a genius when it comes to movies. I loved Inception and the first two Batman movies. Avengers vs batman though.. idk it'll surely be interesting to see who comes out on top. Personally I'll always vow for this new batman series (Nolan's version) over any other "Super hero" movies

Thread Information