Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Post Camaro Production Date

I just found this info today...... I'm hanging out to replace my TA with a new Camaro, though the production has been moved way down the road and will not come until 2010 practically. It's been stated the design of the Camaro is beginning to be out of date and old since the presentation in 2006. Other than that, the Challenger will come out this year and the new Mustang styling is set for 2010 as well.

Many have mentioned that GM is screwing up with this late production of the Camaro.
    I'm seeing if you can get an upper deck spoiler on this Camaro, you will be really styling.

At any rate, here is what I have read today for those who haven't seen it. It's been confirm:

Chevrolet Camaro production begins February 2009
    December3

432 more days to wait. That's how long anyone pining for a Camaro has to wait for GM to start building them, reliable supplier sources have told Leftlane. Circle Monday, February 16, 2009 on your calendar as the date the new 2010 Camaros will start heading down the production line at the Oshawa plant in Ontario.

In actuality, this means it will more than likely be mid-March before you'll be able to put your hands on one at a dealership. That puts Camaro availability about a year behind that of its nearest rival, the Dodge Challenger.

A few GM higher ups have stated that the General will start making Camaros in late 2008. That's true, but, a little misleading. Salable, pilot build, Camaros will be the cars rolling down the line in late 2008. This run of cars will be given to engineers, execs and managers to drive for some fast feedback on any last minute changes that might need to be made to the car or the production process. This production run will not be available to the general public to buy.
    For those seeking a convertible Camaro, you'll have to wait until Monday, December 7, 2009 — a little bit late for the 2009 convertible season in northern climates. Look for them to start showing up at dealers in late December or early January depending on where you are in the United States.
    It's also worth mentioning that these dates are valid as of today. If the Camaro program should hit a snag in its final testing regimens, delays of several days to a few weeks or months are always possible, but unlikely.

So far, no actual spy photos of real Camaro prototypes exist, except for a single teaser shot released official by General Motors. The image shows Vice President for Global Design Ed Welburn hugging a test car in Australia.
    Luckily, the production Camaro will be extremely close to the popular Camaro concept car, so fans and potential buyers have a very good idea of what to expect. GM executives have publicly said Chevy expects to sell over 100,000 Camaros per year with pricing for the V6 model starting in the $20,000 range.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

We have a couple of threads with some mule pics, if you would like to search.

But yes it will be out the final quarter of 2009 as a 2010 model.

Here is the picture:

You will notice some differences to the concept you showed in your post!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

just like axing the camaro/firebird instead of promoting and redesigning gm is going to muck up their new camaro by being last in line to get their product on the street and in the hands of consumers as well as meddling with the design that hooked the public.

nice job gm.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    just like axing the camaro/firebird instead of promoting and redesigning gm is going to muck up their new camaro by being last in line to get their product on the street and in the hands of consumers as well as meddling with the design that hooked the public.

nice job gm.
    Dude, I don't disagree with you about GM... but I'm sure GM has something up their sleeves to promote the sales, if not the price. Man, but honestly, if people didn't wait and just purchased other vehicle within the next to Year, GM will be out of luck selling 100,000 of these vehicle.

Man, you have to remember that the majority of the their sales is not just from vehicle enthusiast but from the public daily drivers. All of us enthusiast combined were not able to keep Camaro/Firebird production going.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaqui View Post
    Dude, I don't disagree with you about GM... but I'm sure GM has something up their sleeves to promote the sales, if not the price. Man, but honestly, if people didn't wait and just purchased other vehicle within the next to Year, GM will be out of luck selling 100,000 of these vehicle.

Man, you have to remember that the majority of the their sales is not just from vehicle enthusiast but from the public daily drivers. All of us enthusiast combined were not able to keep Camaro/Firebird production going.

Transformers 2, I bet will be released around the same time the camaro is delivered to dealers....

that is an excellent marketing move!!!

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

they had better have something planned in order to sell the 5th gen...and it had better be a lot better than the 4th gen plan which didn't do very well.

it's true that the average consumer drives the market, but the enthusiast is the one that stays with a brand and if a company continually turns away the enthusiast then they are destined to fail.

I bought a Z/28 every few years since 1995. I even bought the last model year to hold me over not expecting to ever get a new Z/28. I doubt my 02 will last 8 years as a daily driver so GM won't get my money in 2010. I will already be behind the wheel of a Mopar by then. Of course the the Z will always be around.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs down

Yah Transformer 2 will be out by then.... but the BumbleBee Camaro Model will still be the same. You get it man, the design is outdated. From a promotional perspective, I would not hang the vehicle out before production for more than 1 year.

That 2006 model at the show, I believe GM did just to see people's reaction prior to making the call. They have got positive reaction for the go ahead. Their go ahead is just too far down the road though. Man, that vehicle is super through and through, but it's not worth hanging out for. It's not a Lamborghini or Ferrari Enzio

The biggest thing that attracted me to that vehicle is the added option of Cylinder Deactivation in the V8.... I be pissed off if they decided not to have that option!!!!

impulse blue
    06 GTO

late to the party again. GM's forte'

I bet they don't make it.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I hope GM knows what they are doing.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Unhappy 1 or 2 years Production?

Quote Originally Posted by flat-top View Post
    late to the party again. GM's forte'

I bet they don't make it.
    I love the Car and wished I can purchase it today!!! But man, I don't want to buy a vehicle that is cut from production within 2 years right after the launch. If Chevy does not sell enough of them, it will be cut. Promotion after all does make the sales. The production and promotional time line for the Retro Camaro is really screwed up on this one if you think about it.

If you look at the targeted MSRP of $30k plus, it is really steep for most mid 20 aged people to purchase.

I don't think GM knows what they are doing........V8s are not selling well across the board based on gas price. Crude oil barrel hit a record high of $100 plus a barrel last week. By summer, the average per a gallon may hit $4.00

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

For all you naysayers that think the mule has been altered too much from the concept here is a quote from the F-body godfather himself Scott SETTLEMIRE

I've always said that one of the best parts of owning a Camaro is the 'people' part........we are blessed to have so many people who feel so passionate about this great nameplate.

I've spent a lot of time on this (and many other) sites over the past dozen years because I felt that it was important to have the 'pulse' of the enthusiast. I also feel it's appropriate at times to give some hints (wink, wink) and answer questions.

Now -- all that said -- I can also tell you that --at times -- it's been a huge source of frustration as well.

We (that's you and me) need to remember that we (that's you and me) are not the 'end all' of what is and is not Camaro.

I have said in many meetings over the years that those of us within GM that work on Camaro/Firebird/Corvette are but the custodians of the brand.

We are not the brand.

We are the CUSTODIANS of the brand.

And I can tell you that it's something that every person who has worked on -- or is working on -- these brands understands that idea.........

I'd ask everyone on this site to keep the same thing in mind. Yes -- you may be an absolutely "dyed in the wool" enthusiast -- but please understand that while there are things you many not like -- we must keep ALL enthusiasts in mind as we design/engineer/build these wonderful cars.

You may not like, say, a seat fabric -- and that's fine -- but at the same time, 95% of our other enthusiasts may love it or find it acceptable...............in fact, it doesn't take you long on this site or any other site to realize that there is no way we -- or any other manufacturer -- will ever get 100% agreement on anything!

We must balance everything so that the enthusiast will love it -- but so will vast numbers of other people who may not be an enthusiast -- but take one look at a new Camaro and fall in love with it....and just HAVE to have one in their garage.......

Yes -- we'd love to give you a 900 horsepower Camaro that gets 35mpg and has 25 available exterior colors with 20 interior colors -- all for $19,995..........but that is about as realistic as me marrying Sandy Bullock or Daisy Fuentes or Christie Brinkley...........

The Camaro MUST be realistically priced so that most -- if not all -- of you can afford one.........

That's why I constantly ask people to keep a sense of 'decorum' as we (that's you and me) discuss the Camaro (and other cars...)

I'm sorry, but "That looks like *ss" is NOT appropriate for this site or any other (Jason/Chris - correct me if I'm wrong....) ....because, you see -- when you type something like that, you insult many people...and while you may not like it, 80 percent of other enthusiasts may think it's great and like it.

(and please -- to a certain person in the state of Illinois ...please don't post an unscientific survey because of this post.......)

Now....with that said -- I talked with John F. (Fbodfather 2.0) today after the interior pics leaked from the car carrier..........and we both believe it's important to talk about where these cars are in terms of production intent.

As you look at the uncammo'd cars (and yes, we will be posting some other pictures in the near future) -- and as you look at the unauthorized pictures of the interior........PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND:

1. None of these mules are anywhere near complete. Most parts are pre-production parts. If I had to assign a 'percentage' -- I'd say the cars are at 65% of production intent........

2. Some of the parts you see aren't even close to what you'll see on the production Camaro. For instance -- if you were to suddenly see a Camaro without the front bra in place -- you'd see some 'horrible' headlamps. There's a good reason for that...the production lamps are not ready - -and as a result - many of the mules have what I call....
    " ..hey Joe - go run down to the local autoparts store and grab us a buncha headlamps and then go hot-glue 'em in place on those Camaro mules over there!!!!".........headlamps.............

..........see what I mean? So -- see something that doesn't look right? Hang in there -- it's likely to change!!!

3. Mules are usually painted white for a good reason -- I'll get into that one of these days -- but yes -- we know some of you don't want white -- but we aren't about to paint 'em every shade of the rainbow for testing.....patience, my friend -- patience!

4. Interior pictures are very misleading. As I said above, many of the parts are either pre-production -- 'off the shelf' parts to serve as placeholders -- or hard plastic and used only as a 'stand in.'
    (Remember when I said a few weeks ago that the hips didn't disappear? Remember that a few of you didn't believe me? )

Keep something in mind today and tomorrow and next week and next month and next year.........................

........If one of us (John, Cheryl, myself, etc) say something -- we mean it. I plan to be on this and other sites for a long time to come. We don't intentionally lie. That's not our style.

Sooooooooo...............

let's keep the conversation going. Let's keep the faith..... (remember when I said that wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in August of 2001 when I said "the Camaro WILL be back??".......

Please -- I'm begging you -- please hold off in final judgement until you see the finished product. If there's something you see that you don't like -- it's OK to discuss -- but let's hold off with the insults -- and let's also respect each others' opinions.

Finally -- you can be ASSURED that the final production Camaro is the most researched and most 'Camaro enthusiast injected' (sorry - couldn't quickly think of how to put that....) Camaro ever.......

.......and when the smoke clears sometime in 2008 -- I think 99% of you are gonna love it. To the other 1% -- sorry -- we tried!

(and NO, the production Camaro will not be at NAIAS -- Bumblebee, however, WILL be there ....and just mebbe wearing a new set of wheels to replace the plastic wheelcovers......)

Here are some nice pics, interior too
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-shots/555819/

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Thumbs up Corvette Comparable

I was reading about this at:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrol...s-ar45465.html

I didn't understand how this would be:
    "the only difference being that the 2010 Camaro won’t be offered in a hardtop version unlike the concept "

But other than that, the article mentioned that the vehicle will probably be power by an LS7 with the SS version pumping out 500 + horses
    Pretty Impressive for a stock.

Maybe in 2013 I'll get one w t tops.

Red/Silver/Black/Red
    TA-G8-Expe-L200-Camaro

Unhappy T-Tops?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Maybe in 2013 I'll get one w t tops.
    Man.. that's the reason I purchased a Trans Am in the first place, just for T-Tops...... it's a shame the manufacturers did away with them.

Hmmm.. .I don't know though, T-tops may not look so cool on these vehicle compared to the 4th generations.

Spy shots

I found these on another site. Interior shots too.
    http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-...-shots/555819/

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Man.. that's the reason I purchased a Trans Am in the first place, just for T-Tops...... it's a shame the manufacturers did away with them.

Hmmm.. .I don't know though, T-tops may not look so cool on these vehicle compared to the 4th generations.
    maybe somebody can do a chop on a pic

primevil
    2000 FRC

Click for full size

there's just something about that frontend I can't get used to.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information