Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Calling out Sarge!

Well Sarge, that chunk of metal I found and posted pics of in my old thread that you posted on.......It was over casting of the oil pan low and behold. Thats a big relief, now to take care of the vanish and I am set to go. I will post pics later in this thread but me and my buddy got the cam in, oil pump in, timing chain in, lifters in, heads on... and so forth. Waiting for new clutch and exhaust and it is ready to go in and be punched. One thing that I learned, and did which I will give advice to others is....I used LS2 lifter trays, they only go in one way on LS2's but on LS1's they go in any way you want. Well, I put them with the groove facing up which completely fits the small gap that exposes the camshaft. Now any oil that gets thrown up from the cam on to the trays will slide back down. Prolly not a big deal but it never hurts to think outside the box. I have another 2 months til I can come up with the money so that will put me at a uneven 11 months without a F-Body At least I will get it up in time to enjoy some of the summer
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

most people just drill those trays out anyhow to improve flow. Glad your metal was just flash. The old man does know his shit from time to time.......when he's not busy being a grumpy old fart.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah seen it a bunch. Good job on the motor man. Blow me Orion.
    Today is flush trannie/transaxle/flush coolant/bleed-replace brake fluid/4 new General Exclaim UHP's/wash and wax daughters G6 GT. Oh boy

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Sarge, Since Orion tells everyone how much money you make on here, might I suggest buying her a new car. You could then fab up the G6 to look like a squirrel and it would give you an excuse to buy a rocket launcher and blow it up.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Sarge, Since Orion tells everyone how much money you make on here, might I suggest buying her a new car. You could then fab up the G6 to look like a squirrel and it would give you an excuse to buy a rocket launcher and blow it up.
    I like the way you think.
    I took her to GM when she was 16 and said pick anything you want. She chose a new G6 GT loaded. So I buy one more car. She could either have it before or after college. She chose after.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yeah seen it a bunch. Good job on the motor man. Blow me Orion.
    Today is flush trannie/transaxle/flush coolant/bleed-replace brake fluid/4 new General Exclaim UHP's/wash and wax daughters G6 GT. Oh boy
    that was supposed to be a compliment....grumpy old fart was the sensored version.

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    sarge has to pay momma tax......doesn't matter if you make $10 an hour or $2 million a year........momma tax makes it so that no matter how much you make you have just enough pocket money to survive.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

WOW And I did drill them out. Only did a 1/4 inch hole instead of the recommended 1/2 inch.

Thread Information