Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1966 Corvette Coupe

Calling all girls, homos, and metros

ok need some help here... im your typical guy, but worse... the engineering part of me makes me just even more stupid when it comes to style and body upkeep...

i hate my hair... its dry... and like 95% of it is straigh... but the other 5% is curly and coarse and totally unmanagable... if i can get enough of it to go in one genral direction to call it fixed i still have to deal with some serious frizz... ive heard that washing it every day dries it out... so i was thinking about just washing it ever other day and rincing it the other days... but what about dry scalp... will not washing it help this or make it worse?

next... i have an oily face... i wash it, but by noon i just feel nasty... im not saying rain runs off of me, but there has to be a way to keep oil down... and my pores just never seem clean... i dont have acne... just cant seem to keep my pores really deep clean...

im not one to spend hours primping... but little steps to help me in the looks department... and im not saying my hygene is bad, i just cant perfect my routine...

-me

oh yeah thanks in advance... and screw you in advance to the dicks...

2001 Pewter SS

Watch American Psycho when he does his skin care ritual .. if that doesn't help .. well theirs really nothing wrong in being a geek ..

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

do like me and shave the head

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    do like me and shave the head
    +1

1966 Corvette Coupe

been there done that... and when i say shaved i mean... biced

-me

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    Click for full size

been there done that... and when i say shaved i mean... biced

-me

Ouch not being rude but with those ears....ouch have you tried just wearing a hat. like forever?

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by predator

oh yeah thanks in advance... and screw you in advance to the dicks...
    without knowing your ethnicity, I will make a prediction that you sun burn very easily. Ill go on a limb and say you or your family may be predisposed to diabetes? maybe im totally wrong and missed the boat altogether.

if im not, try to reduce intake of transfatty acids and TFA containing foods such as margarine, soy bean oil based mayonaise, shit made with crisco, velveeta cheese, etc. the label will say "partially hydrogenated _____"

go to a health food section of your grocery store, or a health food store and buy a small bottle of flax seed oil. it will be in a refrigerator. take a tablespoon or two a day, and in about 2-3 weeks you will notice your skin is softer and the oil your body releases will feel less "sticky" your cell membranes are composed almost entirely of fatty acids and the trans fats.

hair conditioners = essential fatty acids applied directly to the hair. why not treat the problem from the inside.

essential fatty acids = essential lipid molecules that your body cant produce on its own. much like vitamins and amino acids.

quick history on trans fats. the idea behind trans fats is that corporations needed a fat based product that would be solid at room temperature, liquid at higher temperatures, resists going rancid, and was cost effective. The alternatives, butter, coconut oil, vegetable oils all fit some of the requirements, but not others. so they took regular vegetable oil and 'hydrogenate' it = add hydrogen molecules. voila. solid at room temperature and resists going rancid. because its dead.

anyways, im tired of typing and im sure you can research it on google if you wish.

type in
    "trans fats diabetes"
    "EFA deficiency"
    "omega 3 sun burn"
    'omega 6 skin'

etc etc.

White
    98 Z28

Shaggy hair is whats in style right now, so whats the problem, at least post a pic. Second why are you on LS1 posting this topic. Go online to sallybeauty.
    Stacey

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah the ears are one of the things i have to deal with... i really hated them till i saw a guy with a red wine birth mark on his face and i was like... umm ok i can deal with the ears...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 05-18-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by staceysz28
    Shaggy hair is whats in style right now, so whats the problem, at least post a pic. Second why are you on LS1 posting this topic. Go online to sallybeauty.
    yeah what she said... most of us on here don't even have enough money to get are hair cut, because we spend every dime on are cars. lol

1966 Corvette Coupe

and thanks mod... your pretty much on the dot and ill look into that...

-me

NOIRtist. //
    proactiv daily oil control for the face

head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner for the mop.

problem solved.

that and watch ur food intake. oily food = oily skin. atleast in my case.
    lol im the type who works hard to watch his appearance, so i dunno how much effort ur willing to put in to urs. but its all fixable stuff, trust me.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

damn i see your from MI. i cant stand guys with long hair. for shits sake, long hair is for girls and queers. get that shit cut. then again just my opinion

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

she called you Sally

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Dude just keep your hair short(inch or less) and it won't be curly and you don't have to comb it.

for the oil try using soap that doesn't have all that girly moisturizer in it....my g/f has that fofo soap and I break out if I use it.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Try using Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin, my daughters and I use it and it works really good, not expensive either. As for the hair, try changing your shampoos/ conditioners (I'm not going to get into how many different bottles I have again ) every so often. You might also just need a trim.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

From an engineer, to an engineer; remember function over form

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by TMF
    From an engineer, to an engineer; remember function over form

1966 Corvette Coupe

mop... what mop, my hair is gernerally under 2 to 3 inches...

u dont understand... the hair that makes it so unmanagable is like bodyhair... like chest hair... its thick and curly from the time i leaves the scalp... get the sides trimmed to a #4 and the top is only finger pinch length...

i thought i would let it grow out and see if i could get the curl to grow out... that didnt work... and shaving is didnt help (i was hoping i could retrain it as it came back in) nothing... i get so annoyed i pull the curly ones if they get in my way... i hate my hair...

-me

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

I don't see where it looks bad, but if you say you have frizz, there is this stuff called "frizz eze" Not sure if that is the right spelling. You can get it almost anywhere and it helps with the frizziness. I get these little flyaways when it is humid (which blows me away because I have long STRAIGHT hair) But the frizz eze helps out. If you want to spend a little more Paul Mitchell (salon only) has this awsome stuff called "Gloss Drops". My little sister lives in Arizona and has beautiful curls in her hair the kind women pay hundreds of dollars for (of course she hates them) and always straightens her hair. She sent me a bottle of this stuff for my fly aways and it works really good too. But it is all according to how much you want to spend. Good luck...
    V.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information