Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

California cops and law enforcement

I just moved to CA a few months ago, and I'm beginning to realize a few things about CA and wanted to verify it. I almost got pulled over today for minor mods (but he saw my NJ plates and pulled over the guy next to me for tailshades it looked like). There aren't too many people looking for races on highways, is this because of the mandatory 24 hour county jail sentence for racing? Smog seems like a bitch. They really this tough on racing and modifications??? If it is, I might as well leave my NJ plates to rule out the mod shit.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

bro, i heard they were removing and then replacing with a new more stench-free asshole for anyone having a fast and modded car. first a super-ream to get you good and loose then they pump in a whole buncha violations for not having a toyota prius.

I would leave the plates and make sure an mods cant be seen. Especially if you're a young guy, seems a little profiling for hotrodding youngsters is the mindset of California's Finest now.

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Mods in cali are tough. You have to make sure it has a certificate from the state so your can still pass the smog test. You just need a muscle car if you want to go fast, 1973 and older are exempt.

buy my camaro! 10.8k!! sprung_monkey's Avatar

1993 chevy pickup DD
    1999 camaro ss

humm knocking on wood but my car (true duals/longtubes/hotcam/go fast button) and i aint even got plates

no problems for two weeks

Black
    99 Z-28

Depends where you live in California, San Diego is strict on street racing and mods. Get new plates, do your self a favor apply for them, get a temporary registration and when you get the new plates don't put them on just leave them off. I had a buddy who bought a Benz and went two years without putting the plates on no tickets no hassle. Put the front plate on, don't put it on the dash that shit wont fly (I got ticketed for that one).

Don't race on the streets period... They pull your car, don't pick up hookers same rule applies.

Smog well sucks balls, there are counties that don't have smog laws, I don't know any of them and I have lived here all my life. There are ways to get around smog though just rememeber this C.R.E.A.M cash rules everything around me. $500- gets u passed at a shady test only station. They are out there just talk to some people at your local track, speed shop, car club.

It is easy to avoid the police, most don't give a shit, its the CHiP's you need to watch out for, and the bald sheriff's.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

Quote Originally Posted by walterchang
    There are ways to get around smog though just rememeber this C.R.E.A.M cash rules everything around me. $500- gets u passed at a shady test only station.
    I live in Ventura County. I'm legally getting my car smog tested this year. The mechanic said my car ran extremely clean than expected, but the battery was disconnected so we have to wait on the sensors to give the OK.

Idk...back in NJ if you went 110+ MPH the cops won't even budge to try to pull you over, just cuz they don't want to risk their lives. In Newark, if you get chased, they by law have to let you go after 4 minutes cuz of safety regulations (thats why they have hundreds of organized races there every week). Here it just seems like nobody wants to race on the highways. The only people that show off their HP are the ricers, and everybody else is into the bling-bling 22's. The only good thing is that the cops here actually use radar (in NJ they visually clocked ppl), so that's a plus with my radar. Anyone use that license plate spray for the red light cameras?

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

ah... you need enlightenment on Cali Law

Been playing this game since June 2001, First and For Most Keep your NJ plates, they'll save your life, and you won't get nailed with fix it tickets for any mods.

Second, most cops don't mess with the F-bodys or any other muscle cars, as much as they do the rice burners. If you don't act like a stupid kid, they seem to leave you alone, this is a lesson that was hard to learn. Little burn outs and engine rev's are cool, and the cops actually don't mind cruseing and a bit of noise and excitement, just as long as you don't over do it. My TA is slammed low, and I have a very loud exhaust, dark window tint; car isn't flashy being all black with just ZO-6 wheels and the borla tips to give any mods away that are visable with out crawling under the car.

If you have a loud ass exhaust, like me get a Q-tec to make sure you can quiet that baby down with the flip of a switch. I pretty much run a strait off road, !cats, exhaust everyday, but have the ability to divert it all through the borla if need be. Even with out of state plates you can get nailed on a noise polution ticket. Q-tec is $175 or so, and it's a fun mod to have.

Street raceing is a big no-no in SanDiego and LA counties, too many before us have f*cked that up and killed people. In Dec of 2001 there was a kid who actually killed his mom and sister, while street raceing, the women just happened to be crossing an intersection he was raceing through and he ran the red light. I believe the city of LA will impound your car and I know for a fact that San Diego county will impound your car, automatic 30 days if caught street raceing. If you have to race, take to the extreem back roads. The I-5 freeway and its counter parts may seem fun, but there's too many people driveing out there and too many cops that will have you waveing good bye to your car from the back of thiers. Spectateing at a street race is rumored to be a $1000 fine if you're caught? I've usally parked away from any questionable events and ran to avoid any contact with athorities, with sucessfull results.

Remember this, the cops have better things to do than to pull you over and screw with you, so if you are doing dumb shit you're going to get nailed some time, if you're selective of where you do dumb shit, you'll get away with it, I've actually had cops what to see burn outs done again and donuts in vacant parking lots replicated.

If you really want to get away with stuff, go to Iraq, get blown up or shot and get yourself some Purple Heart Licence Plates from out of state...

Thread Information