Thread: c6 z06

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

c6 z06

how many of you guys would have to check your shorts for shit streaks after a ride with this guy...

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I would be fuckin pumped!!!!!!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    how many of you guys would have to check your shorts for shit streaks after a ride with this guy...

silver
    2000 ss camaro

what a great car wish I could drive like that

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

thats what i said. lol that car is so fucking bad ass in about 25 different cultures lol he acts like its a walk in the park to be able to toss around a 505 horse car like that. for once a brit likes one of our rides. i guess they finally realized that our vettes absolutely destroy anything they make.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

<<<<<wishes he could drive like that so he could make people vomit upon exit after a ride lol

The Rookie
    Man, I really have to start saving my money! I gots to get me one of those!

The VCBoiz

Pewter SS

tokyo drift was better

Black
    99 Z28

"The American's are showing us how to do it...."

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i got a kick out of that statement, in reality what british cars with the exception of a few lotus's have really rocked the sports car world within the last 10 yrs. they dont have anything cutting edge at all. the lotus elise might handle but its a total piece of shit with a toyota engine anyways. the actual quality of british cars is pure shit. every vette made since 92 on will absolutely destroy their garbage. the platform the esprit was built on came out in 1975.

i got a kick out of that statement, in reality what british cars with the exception of a few lotus's have really rocked the sports car world within the last 10 yrs. they dont have anything cutting edge at all. the lotus elise might handle but its a total piece of shit with a toyota engine anyways. the actual quality of british cars is pure shit. every vette made since 92 on will absolutely destroy their garbage. the platform the esprit was built on came out in 1975.
    So the Esprit platform is garbage huh? When was the last time you drove one of the last Esprits?
    Last edited by gmendoza; 07-31-2006 at 11:45 AM.
    98 Z28 Vert, Bright green, SS 5-spoke rims, FRA, MTI clear lid, ported TB, shaved EGR, Spin-tech exhaust

03.5 Final Edition Lotus Esprit, ECU, boost controller, BOV's, straight exhaust.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Did you notice that he still had to get his dig in about the interior ?
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by gmendoza View Post
    So the Esprit platform is garbage huh? When was the last time you drove one of the last Esprits?
    never said it was garbage. my point i was trying to make is the british always bagging american cars and in fact their most famous comparable sports car is in fact well dated. point of reference, clarkson trys to call american cars archaeic quite a bit. the esprit performs great i know, but there is in fact a lot of things that are crappy about it too. things that clarkson likes to bag american cars on. such as ergonomics, the trans, and typical british electrical problems. i havet driven one but have ridden in one more then once. a neighboor that lives on my street had a 00 esprit v8 and took me for a spin a couple of times but for obvious reasons was uneasy about letting a 22 yr old at the time drive his 80k + car. he doesnt have the car anymore because the renault trans had lots of problems and they dont get serviced anymore do to renault not making the trans anymore.

never said it was garbage. my point i was trying to make is the british always bagging american cars and in fact their most famous comparable sports car is in fact well dated. point of reference, clarkson trys to call american cars archaeic quite a bit. the esprit performs great i know, but there is in fact a lot of things that are crappy about it too. things that clarkson likes to bag american cars on. such as ergonomics, the trans, and typical british electrical problems. i havet driven one but have ridden in one more then once. a neighboor that lives on my street had a 00 esprit v8 and took me for a spin a couple of times but for obvious reasons was uneasy about letting a 22 yr old at the time drive his 80k + car. he doesnt have the car anymore because the renault trans had lots of problems and they dont get serviced anymore do to renault not making the trans anymore.
    Funny you mentioned the trans. As I was reading and agreeing with what you wrote, the Esprit's gearbox came to mind.

The later V8 are better and the gearbox was upgraded a bit too but it's still weak.

Although I agree that the Brits try really hard to hate the ‘Vette.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

you got my point exactly then. i mean the esprit i feel is one of the most badass looking cars ever made. i jus find it ironic that a country like britain, who at least i feel seems to be very judgemental on any car thats american, criticizes american cars for being "archaeic" yet their crown jewel is more dated then any american vehicle made. the elise is a crude piece of shit, lotus doesnt even make the engine for it. they had to look towards the celica gt-s for that "hot" motor. dont rag on something feeling of high caliber or being substantial if thats what ur own country turns out. thats jus how i feel. jaguar? always behind in the luxury car wars. their only saving grace is that they are owned by an american company and their styling.

you got my point exactly then. i mean the esprit i feel is one of the most badass looking cars ever made. i jus find it ironic that a country like britain, who at least i feel seems to be very judgemental on any car thats american, criticizes american cars for being "archaeic" yet their crown jewel is more dated then any american vehicle made. the elise is a crude piece of shit, lotus doesnt even make the engine for it. they had to look towards the celica gt-s for that "hot" motor. dont rag on something feeling of high caliber or being substantial if thats what ur own country turns out. thats jus how i feel. jaguar? always behind in the luxury car wars. their only saving grace is that they are owned by an american company and their styling.

... although Lotus' budget is very small and developing engines and federalizing 'em gets very expensive. The Toyota/Yamaha engine was a good compromise for the states. Euro Elises, crude and minimal as they made be, have had hotter engines.

There is one thing the Brits think is perfect; Ferrari
    Last edited by gmendoza; 07-31-2006 at 03:07 PM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i happen to love ferraris especially the new 430 BUT! who can afford them? not most people. daily driver? i think not. a new z06 practically performs as good. for way less.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

I don't know if you guys remember them testing the Aston Martin Vantage, but the couldn't get the thing to shift right, he was pissed. They also tested the 360 Modena on the same show and they ended up picking the Aston Martin over the Ferrari, just because it was an Aston Martin. That's when I lost respect for the show. The Aston Martin is no doubt a very nice car, but it's not even close to the Ferrari, it's an overweight pig!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if that were my job, no salary would be too little.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    if that were my job, no salary would be too little.
    Hell, I'd pay for it

Thread Information