Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Buying a brand new Cruze eco!

The Camaro's all paid off and is starting to act old. And I'm averaging 15 mpg with it, so I've decided it's time to put it into retirement as a "for fun car". Saved up some money and I'm gonna be buying a brand new Chevy Cruze eco with a manual within the week. There's a Granite black one coming into my local dealer that they're holding for me so I can get dibs on it. My parents are giving me their $1500 in GM points and I'm getting the $1000 bonus cash plus the 2.9% APR financing for it. Pretty stoked on getting a car with 43 MPG. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Congrats!

I got rid of my 01 Camaro (3800) a few days ago and bought a Hummer..
    It was sorta the same for me, though I don't usually buy for mpg's.
    The Camaro was showing it's age, losing power, and @ 12 MPG was just getting rediculas for a v6..
    Hummer averages 18-20 and is far more usefull and far better.
    The Hummer is more up to date optioned, even though the 01 was a y87 car and loaded..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-09-2011 at 04:31 AM.

black
    '02 trans am ws6

I'll be getting one soon to take the miles off of the wifey's G8. Gotta pay the truck down a bit though.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I looked at a cruze and thought why is this little car so expensive, yes it has options and turbo 1.4 liter but they dealer wants 22k for it. That is way to much for that car IMO. The cobalt and aveos are getting 40+mpg with the 1.4 liter and 2.0 N/A engines and cost almost 10k less.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I looked at a cruze and thought why is this little car so expensive, yes it has options and turbo 1.4 liter but they dealer wants 22k for it. That is way to much for that car IMO. The cobalt and aveos are getting 40+mpg with the 1.4 liter and 2.0 N/A engines and cost almost 10k less.
    We've had cobalts as rental cars for trips over the past few years..
    They where ALL cheap garbage.. imho.
    Best car we rented to date was the G6.. Which I also liked better than the Mustang we rented as well..
    Maybe the Cruze is more classy inside?? I dunno but I5 is as small as I am willing to go personally..

I wont even comment on the Aveo we rented..
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-09-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    We've had cobalts as rental cars for trips over the past few years..
    They where ALL cheap garbage.. imho.
    Best car we rented to date was the G6.. Which I also liked better than the Mustang we rented as well..
    Maybe the Cruze is more classy inside?? I dunno but I5 is as small as I am willing to go personally..

I wont even comment on the Aveo we rented..
    True Aveos suck, The cruze is a bit nicer, better laid out and nicer looking than the cobalt and Aveo but the interior stills feel cheap. The material feels and looks cheap IMO. And 22k for a little gas effecient car is too much by todays standards. Personally the new ford focus gets 40mpg and looks to have a much nicer build quality interior wise and starts at 15k.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

The Eco I'm getting is MSRP for $19,975. Gonna haggle that shit down and then throw the $2500 in GM points towards it so I'm hoping to get it for $15500 before you throw the taxes and fees on top of it. I don't think that's too bad.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    The Eco I'm getting is MSRP for $19,975. Gonna haggle that shit down and then throw the $2500 in GM points towards it so I'm hoping to get it for $15500 before you throw the taxes and fees on top of it. I don't think that's too bad.
    15,500 isnt bad, the one i looked at was marked over 22k.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    15,500 isnt bad, the one i looked at was marked over 22k.
    That was probably the LTZ. Those are the most expensive ones. They start at like, $16,750 for the base one. I like the looks way better than a Ford Focus. Something about them just doesn't agree with me. I just wish they offered the diesels and wagon versions of the Cruze over here. I would be buying one of those instead.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Hmm. Just got off the phone with the dealer. After the $1000 down payment and a lowered price and discounts, that car will cost $19,228 out the door. Going to be $324 a month in payments for 60 months.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Cool man, congrats. I actually kind of like those. I've seen a bunch of them from a distance and thought they were pretty cheap looking, but after seeing one up close I've changed my opnion a bit. Front and rear ends, and interior looks good, although I still hate the rear door window treatment. It looks like they designed it, then realized they couldn't fit all that glass in the door, so instead filled the gap with a giant hunk of black plastic. Looks cheap IMO.

Hyundai managed to avoid that on the Elantra, which IMO (as much as I'd hate to buy a Korean car) is probably the best car in that class. They have a killer warranty, they look great, andget similar mileage to the Cruz, w/out having to resort to an Eco pkg. So they probably left some mpg on the table by doing that, which leaves them in a good place if they decide they need more mpg out of it. All those ECO tricks will prob get them near 45mpg.

324/month for five years for an economy car. Damn, it's crazy how expensive cars are today.

Personally I could never buy a car like that new. I'd buy a good used car a few years old for half the price. Whatever I got for that price wouldn't get as good mileage, but you can buy alot of gas for 10k.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    Hmm. Just got off the phone with the dealer. After the $1000 down payment and a lowered price and discounts, that car will cost $19,228 out the door. Going to be $324 a month in payments for 60 months.
    Other than the fact that 324 a month for 5 years for a small econo cars is crazy to me, GM is crap company and the CEO is a dick whose boss is the biggest dick in the country. I wouldnt do it but its your cash so if you like then i guess go for it.

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    42 wild italians.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I bought the car yesterday. So far I love it! It doesn't feel like I'm driving an economy car at all. It has many of the same features my mom's '07 CTS has. Drives great, has a great shifter, seats are comfortable, has a bunch of gadgets that are easy to use and work great. I'm totally happy with it. Here's a pic of it:
    Last edited by bluefields88; 06-16-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ah shoot. photobucket is all messed up. Let me resize this thing and redo it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Nice color! How about some engine and interior pics? I want to see that tiny little turbo. So, figure out how to crank up the boost yet?

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I'll post some pics tomorrow. The turbo is pretty tiny on it, not gonna lie, but you can def. tell when it starts spooling up. It's connected straight to the exhaust manifold and has a heat shield over most of it, so it'll be hard to get a picture of it, but you can see the little blow off valve still. haha

Thread Information