Black
    99 Z28

business as per usual...

So I've been working the over night shift at Coors for a while. It was a contract position so I was actually working for another company. I got home this morning and I got a phone call from the company I work for. I guess I don't have a job for now. It seems that I've worked a little over 2000 hours which was all the contract allows for. (I started in March). I wasn't aware of that, but thanks. So, here it is a week before Christmas basically. I've just charged Christmas (yes, I know, that was stupid on my part, but I planned on having an income to pay it off next month).

Anyway, I'll be fine, but it's just crap that companies are like that. Absolutely no respect for their employees or their contract companies employees. If I was still working there, I'd be paid for Christmas Day and New Years day, but I got screwed out of that too.

Bastards! Their beer sucks so don't buy it anyway! COORS

Have you thought about going to Coors to see if they'd hire you directly?

Black
    99 Z28

ha ha, that's kinda the "carrot in front of the horse" that they use to make the contractors work harder. They actually have several openings listed, but those positions are actually going to be given to another department that is being shut down completely. They say from the beginning that you can get hired, but of the 30 or so people that started out, through out the time, 2 of them got hired.

1996 Viper GTS

I worked for Coors from 12/04 till April of this year. Finally got tired of my lazy pre-salesman. I showed up to leave the warehouse on a Tuesday morning, had 2 Wally worlds and an HEB plus probably another 20 stops, with only about 1000 cases. Saleman f-ed up the order the day before and didn't bother to come down to fix load on the truck before I took off. So as I'm doing my count on the truck, everything is off! So me and 1 other guy where gonna have to entirely reload the truck that morning before I could leave. Did my salesman show up to help? Hell no, so I told the other guy (branch managers assistant) to take this job and shove it up his ass! And I left him there to load that truck by himself at 5:30 in the morning!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

shitty...good luck with your new endevours, guys!

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Sorry to hear it. Were you not aware the contract was for 2000 hours of work? If that is the case I would be ripped at the company you work for, not Coors.
    2002 Street ET Champion New England Dragway
    1999 Street ET Champion Oxford Dragway
    My Blog is here: http://www.downtime.com

Black
    99 Z28

Thanks guys. no, I wasn't aware of the limit. Before I went to work there, they said that they had just done away with a limitation a few weeks before they put me on. That was a limit for 1500 hours. It's not a terrible thing over all. I didn't plan to be there long after the first of the year anyway, but a lot of other people in that situation might be really hurt from being dropped like that. It's not a bad thing. It sounds like I'm whining probably. I'm not pissed that it happened to me, but I'm pissed that companies can get away with treating people like that. It's truthfully a good thing. I've been working some other things around, now I just have a little more need to work things a little harder.

Black
    99 Z28

oh, I'm not particularly irritated at coors specifically for that. They're not really that bad. I'm kinda p.o.ed at both companies. It should have come up somewhere at some point. They're not where I'd want to go to for a career path anyway. A lot of people have been there for a long time, but I see what it's done to them and how miserable they are and it makes me not want to be involved on more than a short term basis anyway.

Thread Information