Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

The Burb is running like a champ again haha!!

Yep the title says it, i got the burb all tuned up. It's running like a champ it's the fastest it's ever been lol. It sounds healthier, accelerates better, idles better everything gets waaaay better gas mileage too. It's amazing how much of a difference a regular maintence tune has done for this truck it feels new again. I only payed $628 for it too.

But, the a/c is still not working properly and according to the mechanic, there was a fucking recall on the gm trucks of it's era like 2 years ago which solves my speedo problem because it's obvioulsy a factory defect. I fixed it and it will not work properly from time to time so i gotta contact the warranty service or whatever and see if they'll cover it because we were never informed of it for some unknown reason, but anyways it's gotta go in again on saturday to get the a/c fixed, and i'm gonna contact the warranty service or whatever to see if i can get that speedo fixed because the mechanic said it's gonna cost like $500 so i'm gonna see if warranty will cover it.... Hope so lol.

Just thought i'd follow up with the burb since i was rambling on about how it's broke down and such. But overall i'm pretty happy it's out on the road again.

That is all Thanks for reading guys.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

What is the A/C problem?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

What did 600$ entail? Need to start doing your own work boyee! Was the pcv replaced?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post

What is the A/C problem?
    Well, just like i said in the PM you can hear the a/c blowing but it's not coming through the dash vents nor the floor but the rear a/c it's blowing cold. I thought it was a fuse but i checked the fuses and the a/c fuse was fine. So i have no idea whats going on with it but i'm taking it back again on friday so they can deal with that.

2011 Prius

Yes, do your own work... Would have been a hell of allot cheaper.

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Well, just like i said in the PM you can hear the a/c blowing but it's not coming through the dash vents nor the floor but the rear a/c it's blowing cold. I thought it was a fuse but i checked the fuses and the a/c fuse was fine. So i have no idea whats going on with it but i'm taking it back again on friday so they can deal with that.
    Ah, missunderstood the recall.... thought it was for A/C too....

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    What did 600$ entail? Need to start doing your own work boyee! Was the pcv replaced?
    READ MUTHA FUCKA! j/k. No the pcv valve wasn't I just got the oil change, cleaned the injectors and the spark plugs got replaced with new platinum plugs and it runs like new again. No pcv valve i wanted to see if those things i got done solved the problem and i was right it sure as hell did.

I am too lazy to do my own work lol. I fixed the speedo temporarily lol.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Ah, missunderstood the recall.... thought it was for A/C too....
    Yea, i still can't believe nobody contacted my parents were of the speedometer issue 2 years ago just shows how shitty gm can be sometimes.

2011 Prius

Yea, i still can't believe nobody contacted my parents were of the speedometer issue 2 years ago just shows how shitty gm can be sometimes.
    BS, we still get recalls from shit we don't own anymore... GM more then others. If honestly you did not, that is odd.

READ MUTHA FUCKA! j/k. No the pcv valve wasn't I just got the oil change, cleaned the injectors and the spark plugs got replaced with new platinum plugs and it runs like new again. No pcv valve i wanted to see if those things i got done solved the problem and i was right it sure as hell did.

I am too lazy to do my own work lol. I fixed the speedo temporarily lol.
    You got RAPPED!!!

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Rapped or Raped?

Yeah, you paid $600 for a plug swap and oil change?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Your engine doesn't just start to burn oil because you need plugs and an oil change. Probably didn't visibly smoke because it had already ran that day. You did describe it to us as BLUE smoke correct? And the mechanic bent you over and used sand for Lube. You could get a complete 6.0 around here for that much

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

In my defense, I tried to warn him....

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Your engine doesn't just start to burn oil because you need plugs and an oil change. Probably didn't visibly smoke because it had already ran that day. You did describe it to us as BLUE smoke correct? And the mechanic bent you over and used sand for Lube. You could get a complete 6.0 around here for that much
    It is possible that he was burning oil due it being puddled on the intake (excessive pcv blow through and when they performed the injector cleaning it cleared the accumulation on the intake - LS series engines are known for pcv issues in that area, hence the plethora of catch cans and pcv delete mods). and he may not have any valve stem issues.

You guys shouldn't be that hard on someone that cannot do their own work..
    Iridium style plugs retail for about 20-24 bucks a pop. Labor to install them etc and a fuel system cleaning. I am sure they built some diagnostic time into checking his issues with the speedo etc..
    None of you guys wanna work for free.. Why should the techs working on his truck ?
    Yeah, it's a bit on the pricey side.. BUT, if they got him in, used quality parts, and stand behind their work.. I don't think he really over paid if he is happy with the end result.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

But they didn't fix the pcv. I call it being schmokey tomorrow. And anyone can do spark plugs, especially in a Burb, gimme a break. All you're doing is gaining experience and saving money. Tr55's are 2.50 each and would do just fine

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

But they didn't fix the pcv. I call it being schmokey tomorrow. And anyone can do spark plugs, especially in a Burb, gimme a break. All you're doing is gaining experience and saving money. Tr55's are 2.50 each and would do just fine
    Not disagreeing with you in any way on that !
    Just saying that some people lack the mechanical aptitude to work on vehicles..
    I have seen some absolute wreckage on vehicles that should have been an extremely simple repair..Some guys SHOULD have someone else do the work.

I don't disagree that he could have a valve stem seal issue.. Or that (like tons of other LS engines) he has a pcv system issue.. Like my own 01 SS..
    I replaced the entire system, didn't fix the issue at all. Went to a delete option, didn't care for the surge it caused and went to a catch-can.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tobynine9 View Post
    Rapped or Raped?

Yeah, you paid $600 for a plug swap and oil change?
    No, it was actually 513 bucks i got it cheaper. This is what they did.

Delco spark plugs= 13.66
    Engine air filter= 42.24 (which was a complete waste of money because it's fucking paper and i will be getting a k&n and installing it this weekend)
    Igninition wire set= 102.10
    44k Carbon cleaner=24.95
    Air intake cleaner=9.95
    Premium motor oil=18.60 (i could care less what oil they use it's a fucking suburban for crying out loud)

Parts sub total 288.52

Then it says 225.00
    Secondary ignition tune with engine air filter replacement. Service throttle body and carbon cleaner to fuel system.

It stopped smoking, idles a shitload better, and def. gets better mpg's.

Why replace the PCV when it's fine with the stuff they've done to it? And I'll bet fucking money it won't start smoking again anytime soon wheelie i know. And if it does i'll tell yall for sure that i'm wrong and yall are right.

I don't give a shit what the fuck they do and what kind of quality parts they use and how much i pay for it. I don't fucking care, as long as it runs and works properly thats fine with me. It's not a damn trans am, or cobra, or Z06 it's a fucking 6 year old suv with 107,000 miles. Come the fuck on people i've got 3,600 to spend on this thing and climbing.

Rant the fuck over.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    BS, we still get recalls from shit we don't own anymore... GM more then others. If honestly you did not, that is odd.

You got RAPPED!!!
    Yea we never heard anything about it according to my mom. Don't know if it's true or not but thats what she said and i believe her.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Glad to hear its running good, next time i suggest learning to do that stuff on your own and saving some green.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Glad to hear its running good, next time i suggest learning to do that stuff on your own and saving some green.
    I know how to do it, changing the oil is nothing and so are changing the spark plugs. Just it's not that easy in this case. The only reason why i didn't do it is because changing the oil is a freaking mess and i hate cleaning it up, another thing is changing the spark plugs are easy to just it needed a tune man, i'm sure they hooked it up to a computer and checked the tune out and i have no resources to do that so it kind of had to go into the shop.

Other than those two things i would have def. done it myself.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

They didn't check a tune. If it was throwing a check engine or other code, you would see the light, and they could decode it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information