Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Brett Favre is back!!

Does this guy want to die on the field in a game?

Yes he's back.....

The lure of playing in another Super Bowl brought Brett Favre back to the NFL -- again.

Favre joined his Minnesota Vikings teammates at practice Wednesday. The three-time MVP wore a helmet, shoulder pads and red quarterback's jersey as he worked out with Minnesota for the first time since getting battered by New Orleans as the Vikings lost the NFC championship game in January.

"As we were driving on that last drive it seemed like it was destiny -- for us," said Favre, whose interception in the final minute ended that march and the Vikings never got the ball in overtime. "I was so close, so close to getting these guys to the Super Bowl.

"I owe it to this organization to give it one more try."

Not that coming back for a 20th season was a simple decision.
    I could make a case for both playing, not playing," Favre said. "This is a very good football team, the chances here are much greater than other places. From that standpoint, it was always going to be easier (to return).

"Part of me said it was such a great year, it would be easy to say, 'Hey can't play any better, why even try?' Then the other part is, 'Guys are playing on a high level. Why don't I go back out?' The expectations are high here, as they should be."

The expectations always are high for Favre, even at 40. He's the NFL's leader in nearly every significant passing category and the most successful regular-season quarterback ever.

After staying away from training camp, as he's done for much of the past two summers, Favre was practicing less than 24 hours after the team sent Steve Hutchinson, Jared Allen and Ryan Longwell -- three of his closest friends -- to Mississippi to bring him back. Favre underwent left ankle surgery on May 21 and just a few weeks ago texted several teammates and Vikings officials that he would not return because the recovery was slower than he expected.

"There is nothing on me that's 100 percent, there wasn't anything that was 100 percent last year or the year before," Favre said. "The surgery made me a little better.

"I have played 309 straight games, I can't complain."

Favre's return to the field came on the one-year anniversary of the day he signed a two-year, $25 million contract with the Vikings.

In a scene nearly identical to his arrival last August, Favre took a private plane from Hattiesburg on Tuesday, was followed by news helicopters from a suburban airport to the team headquarters and was greeted by dozens of fans and media members upon his arrival.

"Helicopters acting like they are following O.J.," tight end Visanthe Shiancoe tweeted.

The big difference between this year and last year? His signing with the Vikings -- Green Bay's bitter NFC North rival -- was a stunner after he tormented Minnesota for so long as a member of the Packers.

This time around, virtually everyone expected the quarterback who flirts with quitting every summer to return. Favre's latest dalliance centered on the ankle that was injured in New Orleans and needed surgery. This is the third straight year the Vikings have dealt with questions about Favre, so they weren't convinced he was done.

Now it's time to see if the old man can do it all again.

The gray-haired Favre turned in one of the best seasons in a terrific career last year, throwing 33 touchdowns and only seven interceptions to lead the Vikings to the NFC North title. He passed for 310 yards and a touchdown against the Saints in the Superdome, but also threw an interception at the end of regulation that cost them a chance at a winning field goal that would have put Minnesota in the Super Bowl for the first time in 33 years.

Now after being cajoled by Allen, Hutchinson and Longwell, Favre will have one more shot at redemption and a second Lombardi Trophy.

Even though it was expected that he would be back, the same excitement as last year surrounded his return on Tuesday. Fans clogged Viking Drive, and police tried to control traffic and keep youngsters and television cameras from spilling onto the street.

Last year, Childress picked up Favre from the airport. This year, Longwell was the chauffeur, and fans tried to mob his black BMW SUV as he pulled into the driveway at Winter Park.

"Brett Favre for President!!" receiver Bernard Berrian tweeted.

He'll have to settle for quarterback for now.

Even though he will turn 41 in October, Favre doesn't figure to need much time to get warmed up and ready for another season. He skipped all of training camp last year before unretiring and joining the Vikings. The three-time MVP then delivered a season even he didn't expect.

He set career bests in completion percentage (68.4), quarterback rating (107.2) and fewest interceptions, while throwing for 4,202 yards. The Vikings (12-4) earned a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs, and Favre became the first 40-year-old QB to win a playoff game with a four-touchdown performance against the Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/0...est=latestnews

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

it was a given that he would not retire... should be another interesting season in the north!

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    it was a given that he would not retire... should be another interesting season in the north!
    pretty much

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

he just tore his ACL, he is out!!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 02ultraZ View Post
    he just tore his ACL, he is out!!
    Proof???

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

biggest troll in the NFL

props to him

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

98 Formula
    06 duramax

see you Sept. 9th Mr. Favre.........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCRFlrx82no&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsASxsXXpno&feature=related[/ame]

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Jesus Christ, sick of him.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

So he has become the Michael Jordan of football.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    So he has become the Michael Jordan of football.
    He hasn't tried his hand at baseball yet....

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

In gonna watch Brady tonight. Let's go pats!!
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    see you Sept. 9th Mr. Favre.........

I couldn't count on two hands how many late hits there were on him....that's ok tho if that's what you need to do to win

2000 Trans Am

Orion: this makes 2 QB's that the Saints D put into retirement during the playoffs. He saw who his opening game was going to be against and decided to take a rain check. He may be back week 2 though after the saints get done with the vikes.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I couldn't count on two hands how many late hits there were on him....that's ok tho if that's what you need to do to win
    ends justifies the means......it's football which is a contact sport. There was only really one late hit on him....the rest were good shots. The hi/low that got his ankle were legal hits. If you look at the video McCray was pushed which made him go low. Either way, we won and they didn't. All I care about.

2000 Trans Am

Orion: this makes 2 QB's that the Saints D put into retirement during the playoffs. He saw who his opening game was going to be against and decided to take a rain check. He may be back week 2 though after the saints get done with the vikes.

I think you need to -1 from that first number......

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I give him credit man. He's in his 40's and still takes hits like he's in his 20's. He never missed a game and even played with a broken/injured thumb too.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    I give him credit man. He's in his 40's and still takes hits like he's in his 20's. He never missed a game and even played with a broken/injured thumb too.
    That's what I don't get about people that knock on him....He holds EVERY MAJOR record in the books for quarterbacks........NEVER missed a game had the best year of his career last year, and people call him old/washed up etc etc.......makes no sense to me.....and don't give me the "he holds teams hostage BS" because we all know (at least anyone with football knowledge) that the team doesn't have to wait for an answer they can move on, HE'S JUST THAT GOOD!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

That's what I don't get about people that knock on him....He holds EVERY MAJOR record in the books for quarterbacks........NEVER missed a game had the best year of his career last year, and people call him old/washed up etc etc.......makes no sense to me.....and don't give me the "he holds teams hostage BS" because we all know (at least anyone with football knowledge) that the team doesn't have to wait for an answer they can move on, HE'S JUST THAT GOOD!
    he holds the records because he's been in the league 19 years. I've seen that thrown around the last day or two and if you go look at the all time league leaders for QB's it just isn't true even though he's spent many more years in the game than others.
    all time stats

another all time stat you don't hear them throw around is this one:
    Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career
    317 Brett Favre, Atlanta, 1991; Green Bay, 1992-2007;
    N.Y. Jets, 2008; Minnesota, 2009

break down the stats by year and it'll tell more of the tale:
    Favre 69329yards/19seasons = 3648 per season
    Marino 61361yards/16seasons = 3835 per season

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Seriously. Look what happened to the Jets the one year he was with them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information