Thread: Breeders

2011 Prius

Breeders

I am looking at Miniature Pinschers for some time, I found one at I like. It was born, 5/16/09. So it's a bit older, she's selling it for a bit cheaper then younger puppies. She has him listed for $295, others $450. Is this a place I can bribe the seller down or is this not a place to do so? I was thinking of offering $250-275... I know not much less, but it's nice to have the extra money as money is tight. I know others may say I should not get a dog if money is tight. But I do suffer from depression and think a dog is just what I need.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think it really depends on the breeder and his or her situation. How many pups does she have? Is the puppy registered with AKC? Up to date on all shots and come with a clean bill of health?

I would say if you want the dog and she has approved you as a buyer, and... the dog is 6 months old, that it couldn't hurt to ask. All she can do is say no, that the pup is already discounted.

But, as a general rule, we don't take offers

But, if you really like the dog, a few bucks won't matter.

However, you could ask if there is a discount if you have the dog altered. Most of us give incentives like that to alter a pup. But, the discount comes in the form of a refund with proof of spay or neuter.

Best of luck with your new puppy

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I think it really depends on the breeder and his or her situation. How many pups does she have? Is the puppy registered with AKC? Up to date on all shots and come with a clean bill of health?

I would say if you want the dog and she has approved you as a buyer, and... the dog is 6 months old, that it couldn't hurt to ask. All she can do is say no, that the pup is already discounted.

But, as a general rule, we don't take offers

But, if you really like the dog, a few bucks won't matter.

However, you could ask if there is a discount if you have the dog altered. Most of us give incentives like that to alter a pup. But, the discount comes in the form of a refund with proof of spay or neuter.

Best of luck with your new puppy
    This is the last of the older puppies, it's been listed since the 2nd. There is a fresh batch of new puppies. I guess I will not offer, I may go pick him up Friday, if that check clears... Shots/Registered/Clean Bill.

Edit: Not my check (Never would write a bad check), customers check. If it does not clear, I am keep there computer. I love my new policies. I almost pray they don't pay the 2nd half of the bill so I can sell there computer.
    Last edited by SHines-IT; 11-30-2009 at 08:03 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

dude they're land sharks don't get one

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    I know they like to dig, what dog does not like to dig?

05 Wrangler

I'm not talking about digging...they're mean as shit. Could just be a little dog thing but my g/f's min pin is dominant over my rott and mean as all hell to other dogs/people...and yes she's properly socialized. She does everything my rott does socially and he's an amazing dog.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 11-30-2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling

2011 Prius

I'm not talking about digging...they're mean as shit.
    Not to the owners I am sure, just got to show your top dog. I can care less about the retard next door. He's been told not to set foot on our property before.

I really want a doberman, but don't think thats best for me at the moment, plus cost more. As I may get an apartment in a year or two... From research this little guy seems to fit me good also.

05 Wrangler

Yea they're good guard dogs...can't do much but they'll let you know when someone's around.

2011 Prius

Yea they're good guard dogs...can't do much but they'll let you know when someone's around.
    Gives me time to load up one of the guns, and wait for them to enter.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Ha ha ha! Little dogs do have big attitudes for sure

And, when they are around 'big' dogs, their attitude is even bigger.

I fostered a Min Pin for a few months a few years back and she was riot. Fun little dog. Smart as a whip. I hated to see her go.

I think Root beer is a nice looking little dog. I hope it all pans out for you. Post pictures when you pick him up. Cuz... if you go to 'look', if you are anything like me... you'll be bringing home a new puppy

2011 Prius

If I do, changing the name to 'Tank' lol.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    If I do, changing the name to 'Tank' lol.
    Ah... yeah

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    I am looking at Miniature Pinschers for some time, I found one at I like. It was born, 5/16/09. So it's a bit older, she's selling it for a bit cheaper then younger puppies. She has him listed for $295, others $450. Is this a place I can bribe the seller down or is this not a place to do so? I was thinking of offering $250-275... I know not much less, but it's nice to have the extra money as money is tight. I know others may say I should not get a dog if money is tight. But I do suffer from depression and think a dog is just what I need.
    Look around at the environment the breeder provides for the dogs. Thats usually a good indicator of what you are buying.

Dogs are a great help for depression, it will do you a lot of good to get one most likely. Remember though, puppies are curious and destructive and will tear things up, probably things you don't want torn up. Don't let that discourage/depress you further, just work with them and teach them not to do it. It will take patience but worth it in the long run and the benefits greatly outweigh the occasional headaches

murdered out 06 z06

i laughed out loud

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

depressed over what your like 19 lol, I know what will fix it go out and just shoot shit thats what I do go to my buddies house when I am feeling down take the .40 the 270 and the combat 16 gauge, set random shit up and go to town lol.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

... Why don't you go to an animal shelter, get a perfectly good puppy who is homeless, that comes with all of it's shots, neutered and chipped for like $60. You can find min pins and many other purebreds at the shelter if you're patient.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    depressed over what your like 19 lol, I know what will fix it go out and just shoot shit thats what I do go to my buddies house when I am feeling down take the .40 the 270 and the combat 16 gauge, set random shit up and go to town lol.
    I do that, out in the woods, old car. Box of ammo, and see how fast I can pull the trigger, it's fun not does not help with depression.

My depression probably comes from many things, that the best thing for me is to move out. But that's not posible at the moment.

Things that I find that helps me.
    Detailing my cars, making them shine like a show car, don't know why but it clears my mind...
    Animals, but don't have one of my own anymore... Miss my dog...
    Lately COD MW2...

Thread Information