Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Thumbs up Bought a new Ford...

Had enough w/the Sable. The last straw was the cylinder 4 misfire it developed this week. I changed the plugs & wires over the summer. Pulled a couple plugs anyway & they are fine. Changed the coil pack & that didn't do anything. I dumped some dry gas & injector cleaner in hoping that it's just bad gas or something. Maybe that will fix it, but I doubt it.

Dealer only offered $1,300 for it so I kept it. I'll either sell it for more or track the misfire down, fix it & use it as a beater for myself.

The other half now has reliable transportation. Picked up a 2012 Fiesta SE sedan w/201A & 6 speed auto DCT today. It's no GT-R, but the DCT in these cars isn't half bad. The Sync system is pretty nifty too. They need to make an AWD turbo version. :nod:

IMO, the Fiesta is the best compact car on the market. Hard to beat for the money.

They are now riveting the front plate bracket to cars so I will have to drill that crap out. Don't know why they put it on there anyway as PA does not require a front plate. I will probaly shave the rear badges. It needs tinted windows & black hubcaps.

blue
    1999 TransAm

not bad lookin for a little compact.. looks very aerodynamic

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

Is the Sable a 3.0? Did you check your long and short term fuel trim to see if you have a vacuum leak. The plastic intakes were prone to leaks. Were you getting any lean codes, also?

Ray Charles blue

What about the Z06s you were looking at? lol

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by TS99SS147 View Post
    Is the Sable a 3.0? Did you check your long and short term fuel trim to see if you have a vacuum leak. The plastic intakes were prone to leaks. Were you getting any lean codes, also?
    No, I have no hardware to check fuel trim. Just code P0304 which is cylinder 4 misfire. It's the 3.0 Vulcan engine.

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    What about the Z06s you were looking at? lol
    The other car shopping was for me. This is her main ride.

Ray Charles blue

Ah.....good deal man.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Not a bad looking car. Congrats!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Believe it or not but I like it! Hate the hubcap situation but with a decent set of wheels (Not huge) it would be a lil badass looking car.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

I've never seen a compact I've liked.

But if the old lady is happy, everyone is happy.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Never-Enough View Post
    Had enough w/the Sable. The last straw was the cylinder 4 misfire it developed this week. I changed the plugs & wires over the summer. Pulled a couple plugs anyway & they are fine. Changed the coil pack & that didn't do anything. I dumped some dry gas & injector cleaner in hoping that it's just bad gas or something. Maybe that will fix it, but I doubt it.

Dealer only offered $1,300 for it so I kept it. I'll either sell it for more or track the misfire down, fix it & use it as a beater for myself.

The other half now has reliable transportation. Picked up a 2012 Fiesta SE sedan w/201A & 6 speed auto DCT today. It's no GT-R, but the DCT in these cars isn't half bad. The Sync system is pretty nifty too. They need to make an AWD turbo version. :nod:

IMO, the Fiesta is the best compact car on the market. Hard to beat for the money.

They are now riveting the front plate bracket to cars so I will have to drill that crap out. Don't know why they put it on there anyway as PA does not require a front plate. I will probaly shave the rear badges. It needs tinted windows & black hubcaps.

Click for full size
    C&C Ford by anychance? Or are other PA dealers pulling that same bull shit as well with the front tags

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    C&C Ford by anychance? Or are other PA dealers pulling that same bull shit as well with the front tags
    They all seem to be. It was Fred Beans. I broke drill bits off in 2 of the rivets so I am either going to just leave it or pull the bumper.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

might as well leave it as the damn holes would piss me off as much as the bracket

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Not that its guaranteed to be your problem, but make sure the wires you are using are NOT suppression garbage aftermarket wires. Use the motorcraft ones, then go from there. Those engines will miss with shitty wires. When I worked on Fords I can recall 2 times where I had a miss and it was a dead injector. Its not common, but its possible. Without a good scan tool that does the proper tests you are only really guessing

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

ps. Almost all Fords have the front plate bracket riveted on. Why a dealer in PA is putting it on is beyond me

Atomic Orange
    2007 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Not that its guaranteed to be your problem, but make sure the wires you are using are NOT suppression garbage aftermarket wires. Use the motorcraft ones, then go from there. Those engines will miss with shitty wires. When I worked on Fords I can recall 2 times where I had a miss and it was a dead injector. Its not common, but its possible. Without a good scan tool that does the proper tests you are only really guessing
    The wires are Autolite. I did them in the summer. If that was the problem, wouldn't it have surfaced before now?

I've done what I can with the tools I have. I'm dropping the Sable off @ Pep Boys today so they can look at it. I'm hoping it's just something simple like the injector. I'll put a new 1 in & use it as a beater. If it's major, the car has to go.

Thread Information