Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Bought my first 4 banger Sunday..

But I must say, so far I really like it.

Don't hate me I couldn't beat the deal I was offered

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I'll trade ya.... 97 saturn SC2 with 48k miles not a single scratch on it. Awesome full stereo system, CAI, Magnecor KV85 wires, Denso Iridium plugs, KYB GR2's, STB, sticky tires, Leather, alloys, sunroof, spoiler, fog lights, 5 speed.

No I am serious. Your ride is awesome and i'll trade ya.

And judging by the window it looks like you only paid slightly more than I did on my Satty for your 9 year newer Mazda.... not bad!!!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

almost 16k OTD with an extended warranty till 2014 or 100k miles. Bought it with 39k on it. Figured I'd better since its the speed6 model.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

hmmm missed the 1 next to that 6 yeah you certainly paid more than I did for the Satty.... I'll race ya pinks for it.... I happen to know for a fact that a 97 SC2 can outhandle a WS6

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    hmmm missed the 1 next to that 6 yeah you certainly paid more than I did for the Satty.... I'll race ya pinks for it.... I happen to know for a fact that a 97 SC2 can outhandle a WS6
    a race with turns? What is this shit, the fast and the furious

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

That is pretty nice. Probably will make a great daily driver.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Don't knock the Saturn.... They make MEAN road race cars. People don't know and neither did I till I ended up with a low mileage saturn and the mod bug hit me. Started doing some homework and saw what kind of performance these things throw down on "races with turns" It's amazing.

Think about it..... What's a space frame but a close cousin to a tube frame chassis!!! A fresh off the line saturn puts out 124hp 122lb-ft and weighs only 2200lbs.

4 wheel independent suspension, front and rear sway bars.... they were no joke back in the 90's.

Granted I'd still take OP's car over my Saturn but I do feel like I lucked out in getting it.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

the 124 hp at 2200 pounds is as good as a v6 fullsize truck. I wouldn't mention that point in an arguement

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Don't knock the Saturn.... They make MEAN road race cars. People don't know and neither did I till I ended up with a low mileage saturn and the mod bug hit me. Started doing some homework and saw what kind of performance these things throw down on "races with turns" It's amazing.

Think about it..... What's a space frame but a close cousin to a tube frame chassis!!! A fresh off the line saturn puts out 124hp 122lb-ft and weighs only 2200lbs.

4 wheel independent suspension, front and rear sway bars.... they were no joke back in the 90's.

Granted I'd still take OP's car over my Saturn but I do feel like I lucked out in getting it.
    best part of those cars was how basic they are. If you can get over shit interior fit and finish and stupid things that break that are made of plastic, you cant have a more basic car mechanically.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

wtf??? Pimping mazda's and saturns??? They make a good chick car but that's it. If you buy a car and the advertisement for it says "cold air" it's probably a POS.

red
    95 Z28

Good thing you got the extended warranty, I hope it's a Mazda one. Mazda really had a chance to have a great little car, but then the motors started flying apart. They like to shit out connecting rods. Even the slightest of mods have resulted in people blowing them up. I'd keep it stock and sell it before the warranty is out.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah its going to stay stock. I really have no desire to try and make it more than it is, its not gonna be something I try and post kills in. I drove a lot of N/A 4 bangers for fuel economy, Altima, Sentra, Focus, Cobalt, and then I drove this and I felt like I could sacrifice the little additional MPG's for some turbo'ed fun. So far it blows my truck out of the water. I filled up for $34 dollars on 93 and I've gone 110 miles and its burned 1/4 of a tank. With my truck I'd fill up for $70 on 87 Octane and if I drove 110 miles I'd be at the halfway point by now.

Just like 5.0THIS said, this badboy is gonna be sold before that warranty is gone.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

LOL @ ORION.... the advert for the car didn't mention the CAI. It's one of the things I installed in it. I know it's not blazing fast in top speed or acceleration but they have been very successful in road racing. Their light weight and fairly sophisticated suspensions have seen them accomplish amazing feats of agility.

Also they are stupid easy to work on. Like ridiculously easy. Easy like an engine swap is a 5 minute job easy. well... not really.... but close

5 minute oil changes. 3 minute spark plug change. Did all 4 struts in prob less than 2 hours.... they are just SIMPLE. In other words... the perfect beater.

I'd still take the Mazda though... I like em.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

LOL @ ORION.... the advert for the car didn't mention the CAI. It's one of the things I installed in it. I know it's not blazing fast in top speed or acceleration but they have been very successful in road racing. Their light weight and fairly sophisticated suspensions have seen them accomplish amazing feats of agility.

Also they are stupid easy to work on. Like ridiculously easy. Easy like an engine swap is a 5 minute job easy. well... not really.... but close

5 minute oil changes. 3 minute spark plug change. Did all 4 struts in prob less than 2 hours.... they are just SIMPLE. In other words... the perfect beater.

I'd still take the Mazda though... I like em.
    I meant cold air as in air conditioning.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Op- bhp?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I stand corrected.... carry on then

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

274HP. I had an 02 sensor go bad on me this morning already lol. Its running a little rough but its being taken care of tomorrow.

Silver
    2005 Toyota Corolla (DD)

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    274HP. I had an 02 sensor go bad on me this morning already lol. Its running a little rough but its being taken care of tomorrow.
    Dang, little car should scoot along pretty good!

Are they RWD? If not, do you experience torque-steer? I thought I read that was a problem with the Mazda3Speeds.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Power View Post
    Dang, little car should scoot along pretty good!

Are they RWD? If not, do you experience torque-steer? I thought I read that was a problem with the Mazda3Speeds.
    Its AWD, not FWD like the speed 3. However mazda uses a crappy AWD system that is FWD biased. Still better than FWD only though. Not much aftermarket for mazda but as the OP said hes gonna keep it stock. They make great DDs infact its the most compared car to my legacy gt AWD turbo 2.5 liter boxer. The speed6 vs the legacy gt is like a smaller scale evo vs sti battle. Many mags have done the comparison.

The only problem with the car i have heard of is heavy oil burning and the bottom end is a little weak.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

While it is FWD based I can say that I've put this thing into a turn and it wouldn't let go, that 50/50 split works when it needs to kick in which is nice. I myself haven't heard of the oil burning problem but I'll be sure to keep an eye on that, hopefully it doesn't happen or does while its under warranty still. Bottom end is a weak point indeed, for me though it will probably last and last because this wont be a track car for me. Hopefully this POS LT1 camaro im chasing will be the track car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information