Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Borderline Personality Disorder...

...anybody know someone who has it?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...25718180832970

If so, what things help you manage the relationship?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

my god that was a boring vid...not even halfway through.

although...sounds a lot like my ex...bipolar and probably whatever this borderline shit is.

there is no managing it. when she took meds she was okay...but when she decided that she no longer needed them and could no longer afford them everything went to shit. one day would be fine...the next would be a nightmare. eventually she moved back to her mother's house to "save money" but then turned around right away and got herself an apartment. in the 8 months i was with her she went through 3 different cars and maxed out 4 credit cards. she also had major daddy issues.

the best thing i ever did in that 8 months was telling her that i was done with it and with her.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    my god that was a boring vid...not even halfway through.

although...sounds a lot like my ex...bipolar and probably whatever this borderline shit is.

there is no managing it. when she took meds she was okay...but when she decided that she no longer needed them and could no longer afford them everything went to shit. one day would be fine...the next would be a nightmare. eventually she moved back to her mother's house to "save money" but then turned around right away and got herself an apartment. in the 8 months i was with her she went through 3 different cars and maxed out 4 credit cards. she also had major daddy issues.

the best thing i ever did in that 8 months was telling her that i was done with it and with her.

Been there done that but instead of 8 months it was 3 years. The one thing I miss is that there was never a boring day with her.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

my cousin is suspecting his wife has this disorder...i dont know much about it, but everyday at work he talks about it...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Didn't watch the vid, but when I find out someone has ANY mood disorder...I HI-TAIL IT THE FK OUTTA THERE.

I knew a woman who had mood changes and didn't take her meds. Slapped me for something I did not say and made verbal threats. When I reached for my cell, she started crying. I never wanted to put a .357 cal round in someone's skull until that evening. Still do.
    Last edited by cammed goat; 06-03-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Didn't watch the vid, but when I find out someone has ANY mood disorder...I HI-TAIL IT THE FK OUTTA THERE.

I knew a woman who had mood changes and didn't take her meds. Slapped me for something I did not say and made verbal threats. When I reached for my cell, she started crying. I never wanted to put a .357 cal round in someone's skull until that evening. Still do.
    so you've met my ex...how is she these days

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

so you've met my ex...how is she these days

Friends of the woman who slapped me try to cover for her to this day. I wrote them all off. They STILL don't get it.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

ah can't be my ex. she had no friends. well..she did have one friend who was dating my friend...and was just as friggin nuts as herself.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Nah. This chick I knew had friends who complained about her...but hung out with her anyway. I will NEVER understand some folks. I mean, if ya don't like someone, why hang out with them anyway?

Must be a Jersey thing. That is my ONLY answer to this.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

hahahaha...mine was a lying, manipulative, bitchy, arrogant, batshit crazy bitch. but she had a GREAT body. if it wasn't for that i'd have been gone after the frist 3 weeks.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The best was one night I was talking with an LEO buddy and she ran up and almost went nose to nose with him. His eyes got REAL big and he looked over at me and I excused myself and walked back to my car. All I heard was my friend saying "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM??! IT'S 11:45 PM AND YOU ARE YELLING AT ME LIKE A RAVING LUNATIC!!! GET THE HELL OUTTA MY FACE RIGHT NOW!!" He got back in his cruiser and parked next to me and told me to cease contact with that crowd. I think she heard us because the next night she pulled in the lot at around 40 mph, parked, ran up to me and asked "WTF WERE YOU TWO A$$HOLES TALKING ABOUT??!! ABOUT ME??!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MY FRIEND...NOT HIS!!!"

I SO wanted to break her neck.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Just as bad as my bipolar I assume.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i just realize...we're little to no help here...with the one exception of advice being get away from her.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

i just realize...we're little to no help here...with the one exception of advice being get away from her.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Fuck, the sane ones are crazy enough. And holy shit don't get me started on bipolar girls. Bipolar girl on pms was worse than omaha beach on d-day. It was one of those get in the car, get the fuck out, never go back. Forgot my lappy, screw it, it's too late, it's a gonner. Start a new life and never look back.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yep...majority says...

RUN!!!!!

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Yep...majority says...

RUN!!!!!
    LOL!!! Definitely the best idea. I can't handle that drama! Plus I'm a single dad with a 3 yr old daughter who is almost always home with me - I can't have her around that, let alone me. I care a lot about her, she's really a smart, caring person, but the drastic mood swings make me think I'm crazy! There's no rationalizing, it's like interacting with a child. It's a hard thing to deal with, her mind doesn't operate like most people's.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Yup. And there is nothing a steady-minded person could do once the other person goes off their meds. Once they go off the meds...they are a hazard to themself and others. I stay away from folks like that.

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Yup. And there is nothing a steady-minded person could do once the other person goes off their meds. Once they go off the meds...they are a hazard to themself and others. I stay away from folks like that.
    No joke. The manipulation is bad enough, but when they get violent (this girl never did btw, but i could see the possibility), that's way beyond ok.

Red
    '72 Chevy C10 SWB

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    my cousin is suspecting his wife has this disorder...i dont know much about it, but everyday at work he talks about it...
    I wish him the best. I know there are relationships that can manage it and get through it, and I've been told that some people eventually overcome it and it subsides. Not easily, tho, I'm sure of that. I think a huge part of succeeding is loved ones who train themselves to interact with the person and can be very strong. It's really like raising a kid! I think one of the best things for your cousin and his wife to do is get as educated about it as possible and make whatever changes they can to communicate the right way with each other. There's a lot to dealing with it, tho.

Thread Information