Body work cost?

This is a discussion on Body work cost? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; I have to get the rear passenger fender painted on the vette after an egg attack. while i'm having to ...

1966 Corvette Coupe

Body work cost?

I have to get the rear passenger fender painted on the vette after an egg attack. while i'm having to get it painted i want to have the antennae shaved... How much extra do you think it will cost to have the hole filled?

-me

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

are you serious? man, that sucks so much ass....OMG...i feel so bad man. I'd watch that car nightly with a gun in hand

1966 Corvette Coupe

its just one of those things i guess... I mean im pissed, but what can you do? I wish ppl would respect other ppls things... I wish the fact that i try to take care of my stuff and try to respect other ppls things actually mattered, but in the long run the world and country is a shit hole...

What type of person you are doesnt matter and it wont if things remain as they are... Welcome to the suck... Its now your own back yard...

so what am i looking at in prep cost?

-me

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

dont worry man, karma will come back and get them bastards.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar

Light Tarnished Silver
    STS-V

I can tell you Body work cost changes drastically by area. In NJ cost for body is $47 an hour, paint is $47 per hour and materials are $30 per hour.

I would also think they might blend the hood for that fender to match the color. It can add up quick. Did you go through your insurance for it? It is a vandalism claim and does NOT increase your rates.

1966 Corvette Coupe

yeah i claimed insurance... i have a $500 deductable and they should pay for the paint and most of the prep work on the fender, but since im getting a "free" paint job i might as well do something to actually make the car look better while im at it...

Im also considering having all the dings and mudflap holes and stuff all over the car fixed... Just wanted to get a clue on what this is all gonna set me back in extra cost...

i've figured out that you can't actually save money... no matter what i spend i always havethe same... so i might as well spend a chunk since my back account never changes whether im trying to save or not...

-me

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    yeah i claimed insurance... i have a $500 deductable and they should pay for the paint and most of the prep work on the fender, but since im getting a "free" paint job i might as well do something to actually make the car look better while im at it...

Im also considering having all the dings and mudflap holes and stuff all over the car fixed... Just wanted to get a clue on what this is all gonna set me back in extra cost...

i've figured out that you can't actually save money... no matter what i spend i always havethe same... so i might as well spend a chunk since my back account never changes whether im trying to save or not...

-me
    talk to who ever is working on the car-do you get to pick the shop? If so, ask around to find out who has the best customer service. Shops will normally get you what you want w/out making you pay for it.

Thread Information