Thread: Black/White

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Black/White

Anybody watch it tonight?

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

it hasnt been on yet for me, whats it about?

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

The michael jackson video?

Did they do what i thought they were going to do?

I did not want to watch it since i felt it was going to make it seem like white people live in a dream world and black people have a rough life that white people cannot understand. after watching the commercial and hearing is gay fucking rap over and over again i thought it was going to be a one sided "White people learned a lesson while black people laugh at whitey" kinda show.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

no it was really pretty good I'm really excited to see the rest of the season. The white guy went out as a black guy and got treated just like he always did and the black guy blames it on him just "not knowing what to look for." The white guy says it's just about demeanor, if you want to to be treated different and you look for it you can find it anywhere. They went out together and throughout different everyday occurences, like someone moving out of your way on a sidewalk, or people checking on you in a store they both pulled totally different things out of it. The white guys says the people were just being considerate and making way for them to walk trough but the black guy thinks they were moving away from the black man. In the store the white guy says they were just helping them like they should and the black guy says they were "sizing him up"

So far it is opposite of what you thought, it looks like black people pull racism out of everyday events while they actually get treated the same.

They also sat in on focus groups of the opposite races undercover to hear what the opposite race says about the differences in everyday life while only among the same race

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    no it was really pretty good I'm really excited to see the rest of the season. The white guy went out as a black guy and got treated just like he always did and the black guy blames it on him just "not knowing what to look for." The white guy says it's just about demeanor, if you want to to be treated different and you look for it you can find it anywhere. They went out together and throughout different everyday occurences, like someone moving out of your way on a sidewalk, or people checking on you in a store they both pulled totally different things out of it. The white guys says the people were just being considerate and making way for them to walk trough but the black guy thinks they were moving away from the black man. In the store the white guy says they were just helping them like they should and the black guy says they were "sizing him up"

So far it is opposite of what you thought, it looks like black people pull racism out of everyday events while they actually get treated the same.

They also sat in on focus groups of the opposite races undercover to hear what the opposite race says about the differences in everyday life while only among the same race
    Good review, keep us night shifters informed, we don't get to watch tv.

Lori

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

What channel and when is this on?

Black
    '97 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1

Huh. I was with everyone elses thinking on this one in that it would be gay and just make it seem like white people have it good black people have it bad blah blah blah... But if the show was like that then I think its great.

Im not racist or anything, but I am sick of minoritites always being like "We are treated horribly" kind of stuff.

I still wont watch the show because I hate when people force a line between races, like white vs black who is treated worse kindof stuff.

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Well if you want a review there's more. . .lol

The white daughter went to a black poetry group. She was incredibly unprepared, the black kids were DEEP from the heart with their poetry and it was very impressive how deep it was, but it was almost entirely about being black and their oppressions or differences in society. It's like being black is the only thing on the black communities mind. It seems that they focus almost entirely on being black around a majority on white people. To be honest it's like they seperate themselves and blame it on white people, while we are just waiting for them to join us in an equal society. I understand that it isn't always peachy keen for minorities, at one point the black man (as a white man) had a conversation with a white guy that made remarks about how his neighborhood hadn't been "affected" yet and it was a great place to raise kids safely.

In general, it hasn't supported that racism is very prevalent so far, just that it is all about state of mind. Five more weeks to see and I can't wait

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

It's on f/x. It came on at 8 central time, then showed again immediately after it ended at 9

BIGRED Z
    We need weekly updates. Sounds like a really cool show. Maybe gonna have to get that on DVR.

Thread Information