Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

black friday deals....

Anyone getting out for anything? I think we're gonna hit up best buy for the Sharp 42" LCD TV for $199 as a downstairs TV. Other than that not sure if we're gonna get anything else or not. Looking at a washer/dryer but nothing is really jumping out at me. K-Mart has a mini bike for $259 I'd like to get for Zach but the wife is strongly opposed to him riding a motorcycle. Might try the "mini bike is not a motorcycle" argument and see if I can get that one by her. Few other little odds and ends.....if I find a decent camcorder deal I might get a new one.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'll be making money while others aren't.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    I'll be making money while others aren't.
    Same here, I got work Friday and Saturday. Even if I was off on Friday, you wouldn't catch me shopping.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I live out away from columbus in a midsize type town....large enough to have all the box stores but not a lot of crowding. We did black friday several years ago and they opened at 6am.....we got there at 5:30 and had like 10 people in front of us. Not near as crazy out here as the stuff I see on TV. The one we don't have that I wish we had is an HH Greg. They have a maytag front load washer/dryer set for $699......not a bad deal on that for maytag.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I live out away from columbus in a midsize type town....large enough to have all the box stores but not a lot of crowding. We did black friday several years ago and they opened at 6am.....we got there at 5:30 and had like 10 people in front of us. Not near as crazy out here as the stuff I see on TV. The one we don't have that I wish we had is an HH Greg. They have a maytag front load washer/dryer set for $699......not a bad deal on that for maytag.
    check out how that post copied "in" twice.....when I go to edit it there's only 1 "in" there and if I delete the one that's there it takes them both out.

Black/Black
    98 WS6/04 Sierra Dmax

It's F'n crazy around here on black friday. People will be waiting in line for 12 + hours, lines 300 or more people long, people getting trampled when they open the doors to the stores. Some stores are even opening at midnight, and i heard toys r us and walmart are opening at 10PM thursday night.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

0rion, no problems with extra 'ins' on my screen. However, I know exactly what you're talking about, cuz just about every damn post on here that is multiple lines repeats the last word at the end of a line, every time.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Oh man, had to laugh at that one. Took a screencap of the Ad, including the thread title for proof...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

haha.....I never go to hh greg. Went there once about 10 years ago and they kinda pissed me off so I've never been back. I will however go there if it saves me $400-$500.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

If anyone sees me out shopping on Friday... please, put a bullet in my head. I did that once. Never again!

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Just go hand out business cards Jeff.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Just go hand out business cards Jeff.

Too much to do now. Some more clients for our new associate would be nice though.

blue
    1999 TransAm

to me, ...black friday = me sit on my butt , and think about all the morons running around in the mayhem..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

you guys look at it wrong or just aren't patient people. I have no problem going and dealing with people for a few hours to save a grand or more on stuff I'll be buying anyhow. I could understand if you deal with that stuff all the time or on a regular basis but I never deal with it so it's not a big deal to me.....let them be the one's all worked up about it. I just stay in my own world doing my own thing.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Same deals are on the internet now-a-days, if not cheaper than the crazy sales in stores. No need to go anywhere for anything.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I will be working. However I have to get to a Verizon store to inquire about data plans and how much they cost. Time for me to get a new phone.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

No shopping for me because places that sell stuff for the camaro are online! . You couldn't catch me out there. I'd much rather sit here and eat thanksgiving leftovers at watch some tv with the dogs

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    you guys look at it wrong or just aren't patient people. I have no problem going and dealing with people for a few hours to save a grand or more on stuff I'll be buying anyhow. I could understand if you deal with that stuff all the time or on a regular basis but I never deal with it so it's not a big deal to me.....let them be the one's all worked up about it. I just stay in my own world doing my own thing.

Black Friday was assholes and elbows... mostly assholes. That's why I avoid that day. When the kids were younger, I used to drag my two brother-in-laws out shopping a few days before Christmas. We always had a blast. There was an "incident" in a KB Toy Store that we still laugh about to this day.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I will be working. However I have to get to a Verizon store to inquire about data plans and how much they cost. Time for me to get a new phone.
    vzw.com
    No need to hit a store now

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my brother called me while ago....hh gregg is doing something different this year. You can go in today and pay full price and then go back Saturday and they will refund you the difference on the black friday stuff. Smart company......get the jump on other places and cut down on the crowding Friday morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information