Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Bit Torrent or isohunt,u torrent?

Buddy I work with sent me an email stating that this was a great service to download things.* I'm all for legal downloading, but just curious on how safe these things were.* Anyone ever heard of them or actually use them?* Are they legal or even safe to use, meaning are they contained with spyware and viruses?* Just curious, because I never heard of them before.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

dowload utorrent and be done with it, find torrents, click, press open. wala

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Yup, or better yet..........warez-bb.org and pay for rapidshare. It's the shit son!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

BitTorrent and Pirate Bay here

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Puretna.com and utorrent FTW

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

i have downloaded about 100 gig through demonoid and bit torrent monster (websites) and i use U torrent, f-in sweet! just look up an artist and u can download everything they have ever done in 1 download. doesnt seem too legal to me but i just download them to backup all the cds i own ayway, right.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

DO NOT FORGET PEERGUARDIAN 2

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

Saved my ass many times... Blocks known tracking IP's from around the world that try to catch your ass... Funny to see Anti-P2P groups pop up on the blocked list.. Makes me think "haha fuckers"... Updates daily and starts with Windows/Mac... Runs in the background... Takes barely any ram... A MUST have for Torrenters

Also I use uTorrent and get my stuff from isohunt.com or thepiratebay.org... If they don't have it then it's not worth it to me.

isohunt = music/videos
    piratebay = games/programs
    Last edited by LS1Powerhouse; 01-20-2009 at 01:14 AM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I use IsoHunt to find torrents and uTorrent as the client.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

azureus vuze for the host...

Isohunt, pirates bay for the torrents.

my google/gmail home page as a gadget that searchs 35 torrent sites for me! definitely helpful and fast

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

If you haven't had experience with getting caught for copyright infringement before then I suggest backing off it. Piratebay is the WORST place to download anything, its filled with fucking gay riaa and hollywood watchouts. If you do download shit, make sure you update Peergaurdian everyday for p2p,governement, and spyware. Also I suggest wearing a firewall when downloading anything. Ive probably downloaded a few, as in more then 1 terabytes of shit off torrents as a total in the past few years, ive been caught once. So it can happen just be aware and dont be a noob. Use Utorrent and either try to download from sites where you need to register to belong, or mininova is usually safe. again.. PIRATE BAY IS THE WORST, they have the most files but they also have the most "riaa" people looking for you.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by fccs View Post
    If you haven't had experience with getting caught for copyright infringement before then I suggest backing off it. Piratebay is the WORST place to download anything, its filled with fucking gay riaa and hollywood watchouts. If you do download shit, make sure you update Peergaurdian everyday for p2p,governement, and spyware. Also I suggest wearing a firewall when downloading anything. Ive probably downloaded a few, as in more then 1 terabytes of shit off torrents as a total in the past few years, ive been caught once. So it can happen just be aware and dont be a noob. Use Utorrent and either try to download from sites where you need to register to belong, or mininova is usually safe. again.. PIRATE BAY IS THE WORST, they have the most files but they also have the most "riaa" people looking for you.

True, just have to watch what you DL.

Also the RIAA, has changed their attack from taking Downloaders to court. The RIAA was losing money with hunting down, hiring lawyers and court costs.

Instead now the RIAA, is chasing down Up Loaders, and instead of taking you to court, they will order an immediate ban of your ISP.

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

I've never claimed to be computer savvy. I just tried to do this stuff through utorrent and demonoid. Way too difficult. You guys have way more patience than I do. I guess its back to the flea mall for me...lol

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

Yea basically, you download something and if one of the uploaders or seeders that your downloading from is part of the RIAA or any agency that watches pirated shit, if ur not running any protection, they get ur ip, notify your isp, first time is usually a warning, 2nd and 3rd is ban or serious court fines.

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by LS1Powerhouse View Post
    DO NOT FORGET PEERGUARDIAN 2

http://phoenixlabs.org/pg2/

Saved my ass many times... Blocks known tracking IP's from around the world that try to catch your ass... Funny to see Anti-P2P groups pop up on the blocked list.. Makes me think "haha fuckers"... Updates daily and starts with Windows/Mac... Runs in the background... Takes barely any ram... A MUST have for Torrenters

Also I use uTorrent and get my stuff from isohunt.com or thepiratebay.org... If they don't have it then it's not worth it to me.

isohunt = music/videos
    piratebay = games/programs
    Good tip man, just DL'ed it. Can they pin you for stuff just for seeding?

NBM
    02 M6 Formula

FYI, registrations are open on demonoid.com right now, get in while u can its a great site. They will probably be closed within next couple hrs.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by DUBB View Post
    Good tip man, just DL'ed it. Can they pin you for stuff just for seeding?
    I DL tons of shit... Programs, movies, games... Shit that just came out... And I've been caught once (without PeerGuardian2). I got caught for DLing a movie from the 80's of all things (Fast Times At Ridgemont High)... Slap on the wrist... Remove uTorrent and delete the file... All I had to do... After that I did my research and found this program (PG2)... Since then I have torrented TONS more stuff and I seed all of them... Never once been caught by any P2P, Government, etc. group or my school (which monitors your IP like no other for stuff lilke this). So basically I'm up against 2 things and Peer Guardian still prevails

I can't say that it's going to block 100%... But it will be damn close... So I'd say you're safe for seeding after the download... It's always good to return the favor, lol.

Just a screen shot to show what Peer Guardian looks like... And it's simplicity... This is what kind of traffic I get durring a download... Got 2 going now (Assassin's Creed and Devil May Cry 4).

Of course right after I take the screenshot 3 Anti-P2P groups pop up on the radar...

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

when you have a movie downloaded can the file be directly sent to someone via e-mail?

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

Quote Originally Posted by ARM5280 View Post
    when you have a movie downloaded can the file be directly sent to someone via e-mail?
    That'll be one hell of an e-mail (~750mb)... Probably to big to send to be honest... Might as well get a flash drive and do it that way... You can get 2 movies on a 2gig card and 5 on a 4gig card.

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

2gig SanDisc Micro Cruiser is on sale at BestBuy for $9.99.
    4gig SanDisc Micro Cruiser is on sale at BestBuy for $12.99.
    8gig SanDisc Micro Cruiser is on sale at BestBuy for $19.99.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

So how does PG2 work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information