Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Trans Am

Best surround sound suggestion.......

I know that this has probably been beated to death. But what is the best "out of the box" surround sound system for my xbox 360....please provide links, and also the rear speakers need to be wireless. Someone please help I plan on purchasing on line this evening.~Chris

Edit: It's going in my living room wich is a pretty good size, and hardwood floors. It would help if it had blue ray, and a docking station for my iphone. My budget is between 350-450.00 please help

i have infinity speakers and a yamaha recevier. probably doesnt help much though

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    i have infinity speakers and a yamaha recevier. probably doesnt help much though
    Yeh doesn't help much, I am looking for an in the box ready to plug and play system

good luck in your journey

Black
    99 SS

me and the chick just got the sony bravia system, not to bad of a system for the price and it has the blu ray, and has the docking station. you should check it out man.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    me and the chick just got the sony bravia system, not to bad of a system for the price and it has the blu ray, and has the docking station. you should check it out man.
    Have you played any games with xbox on it yet? and does it come with wireless rear speakers? what is the model number do you remember?for all the questions lol

Black
    99 SS

i would go to bestbuy man, and no i have not played anything on it we just have ps3 and wii(her's). the speakers are not wireless man, i asked them about that when we went to buy ours and they said there is not really a good wireless system out there right now, i was going to install a custom system in the ceiling but that would of taken a very large amount of cash and time.

it does sound good with movies and just jammin out, and we have wood floors also.

2000 Trans Am

i would go to bestbuy man, and no i have not played anything on it we just have ps3 and wii(her's). the speakers are not wireless man, i asked them about that when we went to buy ours and they said there is not really a good wireless system out there right now, i was going to install a custom system in the ceiling but that would of taken a very large amount of cash and time.

it does sound good with movies and just jammin out, and we have wood floors also.
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions man. I am going to best buy this friday, so hopefully they will have some input on what will work well with my xbox360. Anyone else with some suggestions or experience with xbox 360 and a surround sound?

Black
    99 SS

but what im still trying to figure out is how to get the surround sound when watching just regular tv, i have done everything it works, with dvd, am/fm, cd, input etc just not the tv and its a damn sony tv its driving me crazy

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    I know that this has probably been beated to death. But what is the best "out of the box" surround sound system for my xbox 360....please provide links, and also the rear speakers need to be wireless. Someone please help I plan on purchasing on line this evening.~Chris

Edit: It's going in my living room wich is a pretty good size, and hardwood floors. It would help if it had blue ray, and a docking station for my iphone. My budget is between 350-450.00 please help
    The absolute best is the onkyo hts 5100, It sounds amazing I have heard it an can back that statement up.

Black
    99 SS

my uncle has an onkoyo system its bad ass but he paid a shit load for it

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I would also like to add that I am an audiophile and can answer any av question you might have about home av equipment.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

my uncle has an onkoyo system its bad ass but he paid a shit load for it
    Yeah it depends on how good of a system you want, There 9100 thx system is unbelieveable the best htib out there by far, however I always recommend starting small with a nice onkyo htib kit($250-500) and going from there.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Yeah it depends on how good of a system you want, There 9100 thx system is unbelieveable the best htib out there by far, however I always recommend starting small with a nice onkyo htib kit($250-500) and going from there.

he said he spent like 1,200 on it not sure what system it is though

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

he said he spent like 1,200 on it not sure what system it is though
    Well the 9100thx usually goes for $800-$1000, if it's a all onkyo system, speaker and reciver, subs, etc, it's probably the 9100thx other wise it could just be an onkyo receiver with seperate components and speakers.

2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    Well the 9100thx usually goes for $800-$1000, if it's a all onkyo system, speaker and reciver, subs, etc, it's probably the 9100thx other wise it could just be an onkyo receiver with seperate components and speakers.
    does the 9100thx come with everything i'm looking for.....dolby digital, wireless rear speakers, etc etc etc........?

2000 Trans Am

What about this one. I have my home set up to use speakers to plug into the wall, not sure if this would work with it or not?http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-09-ONK...3A1%7C294%3A50

I also have these all around my house will this help me any when choosing a surround sound setup?
    Last edited by clg82; 06-29-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

does the 9100thx come with everything i'm looking for.....dolby digital, wireless rear speakers, etc etc etc........?
    http://onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S...ss=Systems&p=i

The 9100thx support everything! It has a Ipod dock. It even has a auydessy calibration mic to auto set up the correct sound settings depending on the room dimensions, you will however need to get a seperate bluray player, better quality speaker wire and sub cable to get the most out of it. and the speakers and subs are all wired, but For the best sound quality the speakers must be wired. If you have the extra money to spend i highly recommend it. The system is powerful enough for a dedicated theater space let alone a small room.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

What about this one. I have my home set up to use speakers to plug into the wall, not sure if this would work with it or not?http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-09-ONK...3A1%7C294%3A50
    yeah but you would still need speakers and a sub, that's just a reciever, not a whole theater kit.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

What about this?

ONKYO HTS3200 5.1

I run this one for my PC.
    ONKYO HTS5200 7.1

edit: didn't see the rear wireless speakers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information