Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best day ever

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Best day ever

Yesterday my best friend and I were changing the brakes and oil on our friend's f150. Due to the fact he had never changed the brake pads/didn't know how they had snapped and broken every single bracket on the calipers/severed the lines and had gotten stuck and dug into the calipers. His rotors also felt like 400 grit sand paper. Also while changing his oil I asked him how long it had been since his last service, he said 18k miles. When I told him that was fucking insane and that he needed to change it at least every 3k miles/ and take better care of his truck he just looked at me like I was retarded and said "do you like burning money?" and "mind your own business" At that point my friend and I wanted to slap the shit out of him.

After finishing the 6hr brake and oil job in 108 degree weather in the middle of a parking lot I'm covered in oil, sweat, filth, sunburns and am hungry as shit. So I stop by a sonic on the way home. Order my shit, wait, and hope a hot chick brings my food out so that maybe I can get a number and accomplish something that day. Just my luck I get a fat fagot on roller skates instead. He skates up to my car, looks at my LS1 hockey stripes and this is how things went.

fagot: Damn that things got an LS1 in it?
    Me: yup
    fagot: you must make at least 450hp right?
    me: hell no
    fagot: well how much?
    me: well with these mods last time I was on a dyno I made 315
    fagot: Aw damn that sucks man, I make at least that in my car
    me: what do you drive?
    fagot: That (he points to a yellow neon with Walmart hubcaps, huge ass spoiler, fart can, bicycle tires, riced out lights, hood, and more decals than a nascar.)
    me: give me my fucking burrito.

The sheer retardation and overall lack of IQ of people my age today drives me fucking crazy.

/rant over
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 08-25-2010 at 09:59 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

So what is a shit day for you like?

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

1. Race for Pinks
    2. Win
    3. Take his car
    4. Set Fire to it
    5. ???
    6. Profit

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    1. Race for Pinks
    2. Win
    3. Take his car
    4. Set Fire to it
    5. ???
    6. Profit
    I like this

black
    98 WS6

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    Yesterday my best friend and I were changing the brakes and oil on our friend's f150. Due to the fact he had never changed the brake pads/didn't know how they had snapped and broken every single bracket on the calipers/severed the lines and had gotten stuck and dug into the calipers. His rotors also felt like 400 grit sand paper. Also while changing his oil I asked him how long it had been since his last service, he said 18k miles. When I told him that was fucking insane and that he needed to change it at least every 3k miles/ and take better care of his truck he just looked at me like I was retarded and said "do you like burning money?" and "mind your own business" At that point my friend and I wanted to slap the shit out of him.

After finishing the 6hr brake and oil job in 108 degree weather in the middle of a parking lot I'm covered in oil, sweat, filth, sunburns and am hungry as shit. So I stop by a sonic on the way home. Order my shit, wait, and hope a hot chick brings my food out so that maybe I can get a number and accomplish something that day. Just my luck I get a fat fagot on roller skates instead. He skates up to my car, looks at my LS1 hockey stripes and this is how things went.

fagot: Damn that things got an LS1 in it?
    Me: yup
    fagot: you must make at least 450hp right?
    me: hell no
    fagot: well how much?
    me: well with these mods last time I was on a dyno I made 315
    fagot: Aw damn that sucks man, I make at least that in my car
    me: what do you drive?
    fagot: That (he points to a yellow neon with Walmart hubcaps, huge ass spoiler, fart can, bicycle tires, riced out lights, hood, and more decals than a nascar.)
    me: give me my fucking burrito.

The sheer retardation and overall lack of IQ of people my age today drives me fucking crazy.

/rant over
    It took the two of you 6 hours to do brakes and an oil change?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Don't help people, problem solved.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    It took the two of you 6 hours to do brakes and an oil change?
    yeh I'd never done brakes like these before, they had seals and tiny rings/gears and it took me a little while to figure out how to set them correctly. Plus I was only working with basic tools, no caliper piston compression tool, shitty jack, etc. It also didn't help that we needed to make like 10 trips to auto zone because we kept finding broken things.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Don't help people, problem solved.
    ^^This.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

You laugh, but I'm serious.

If the person sounds incompetent and question the shit I tell them to do or parts to buy. I'm not gonna argue over the fact when I know I am right and you are the one asking for help. Don't waste my fucking time.

I use to help people a lot and then if something goes wrong, unrelated to what we were working on, guess who they blame?

I only help close, competent friends.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

Neon drivers are fun. If it were me I'da told him fuck no I made 358 to the wheels! lol but that's just my car

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    Click for full size

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    You laugh, but I'm serious.

If the person sounds incompetent and question the shit I tell them to do or parts to buy. I'm not gonna argue over the fact when I know I am right and you are the one asking for help. Don't waste my fucking time.

I use to help people a lot and then if something goes wrong, unrelated to what we were working on, guess who they blame?

I only help close, competent friends.
    I agree with ya. Ish hits the fan and either we, the go-to guys get blamed, or we get a scheisse-ton of MORE questions...and it's not for them to learn...it's to bail them out for the NEXT time.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I agree with ya. Ish hits the fan and either we, the go-to guys get blamed, or we get a scheisse-ton of MORE questions...and it's not for them to learn...it's to bail them out for the NEXT time.
    Yea I love the guys that call, "oh hey, what's up...what's new...oh what's an IAC valve and how do I fix it?"

"Oh hey man, haven't talked to you in months..."

I only know basic shit so at least I don't feel too bad about not helping.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Im surprised he even knew what an LS1 was. You should have been like "450?? I made more than that stock".
    "Life is to short to drive a slow car"

Gone but not forgoten: 1998 Pontiac Trans Am M6 "The Black Bandit"
    Bought- 11-18-05
    Sold- 10-14-08

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    1. Race for Pinks
    2. Win
    3. Take his car
    4. Set Fire to it
    5. ???
    6. Profit
    5. Watch it burn

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You think that's bad? I was at a car show two years ago and a woman with a DSLR camera with an, I assume, telephoto lens took a pic of my car while I was dusting it off...WHILE IT WAS RUNNING...and she proceeded to ask if my car was a G6. The trunk was closed so there was NO mistaking the GTO and 5.7 badges for G6. Her husband apologized to me and snatched her away and as he did so, I heard him tell her my car was, in fact, a GTO. Man...was she a ditz.

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    You think that's bad? I was at a car show two years ago and a woman with a DSLR camera with an, I assume, telephoto lens took a pic of my car while I was dusting it off...WHILE IT WAS RUNNING...and she proceeded to ask if my car was a G6. The trunk was closed so there was NO mistaking the GTO and 5.7 badges for G6. Her husband apologized to me and snatched her away and as he did so, I heard him tell her my car was, in fact, a GTO. Man...was she a ditz.
    I get the same shit, except with my car it's always a fucking Sebring, I swear one of these days
    At least in this instance I was overestimated instead of severely under. I once had someone tell me that "a Trans ams would whoop the shit out of my Camaro" and that "I had made a big mistake buying that car"
    I've learned to completely avoid car talk with most people and if it's unavoidable then to cut it as short as possible, unless they know what the hell they're talking about.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

lol if he was that dumb, i woulda left brake lines undone and watched the chaos

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Im surprised he even knew what an LS1 was. You should have been like "450?? I made more than that stock".
    I was so tempted to be like "naw man, I make 600 to the wheels yo, hear that exhaust bro? Yeh man FLOWMASTERS, that shit picked me up like 75hp to the wheels."
    But I thought that since he knew what an LS1 was that he might know something......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information