Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Credit card?

What would you say is the best credit card currently on the market? I'm looking either at a card with a very low interest rate or one with high a cash back return. Right now I have a Citi Cash card that is 1% across the board and more if you shop at certain stores. Problem is none of the stores are located anywhere in my home town so it is basically a 1% cash back card for me.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I've always had success with Chase Visa, but i've heard others on here who've been fucked. My wife had a Chase/Disney card and someone obtained her number and spent like a grand on internet shit. We never caught it b/c they weren't sending her invoices for whatever reason and appearantly they didn't see anythign fraudulant about a person somewhere else in the country using a card from KY?????

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I've always had success with Chase Visa, but i've heard others on here who've been fucked. My wife had a Chase/Disney card and someone obtained her number and spent like a grand on internet shit. We never caught it b/c they weren't sending her invoices for whatever reason and appearantly they didn't see anythign fraudulant about a person somewhere else in the country using a card from KY?????
    Your cards suck. I have to call mine every time I got out of town. If I dont they dont let me charge anything. Happened to me the first 2 times I went to Vegas.

Thats crazy man, from what I have been reading the Amex blue cash card is a great car for cash back purposes.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

My paypal is locked because of this.... lol damn lower and upper a-arms for xmas must be like terrorist buying nuclear arms.

I need a CC Another one LOL

white
    99 Trans am

for high cash back i like my GM master card... 5% towards purchase of new GM vehicle. I got $2000 towards my 2500HD when i bought it, this is after you discuss your final price and all rebates 1st. Have anothr $2k+ sitting on it again awaiting my next vhicle purchase.

Also use my discover card 1% on most purchases with quaterly 5% promotions in certain categories. some quaters are gas others are groceries... these go by the listed type of purchaes and are not limited to certain locations. i had about $400 in cashback on this card before Xmas and used some of it on there website to buy gift cards. They offer gift cards to numerous stores and restaurants with offers like buy for $40 get $45 gift card.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo99ta View Post
    for high cash back i like my GM master card... 5% towards purchase of new GM vehicle. I got $2000 towards my 2500HD when i bought it, this is after you discuss your final price and all rebates 1st. Have anothr $2k+ sitting on it again awaiting my next vhicle purchase.

Also use my discover card 1% on most purchases with quaterly 5% promotions in certain categories. some quaters are gas others are groceries... these go by the listed type of purchaes and are not limited to certain locations. i had about $400 in cashback on this card before Xmas and used some of it on there website to buy gift cards. They offer gift cards to numerous stores and restaurants with offers like buy for $40 get $45 gift card.
    OMG...i'm looking into that...wonder if they'd give me 5% on a $5k transfer??

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Fuck credit cards.

Pay cash (or use a debit card). If you can't pay cash for it you don't need (other than a house and *maybe* a car).

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I don't use it anymore, but I've always had good experiences with my Capital One

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Fuck credit cards.

Pay cash (or use a debit card). If you can't pay cash for it you don't need (other than a house and *maybe* a car).
    +1

And American Express is the biggest rip off out there. I don't understand how they still exist. And good luck finding a place that excepts A.E.

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RoysTransAM View Post
    +1

And American Express is the biggest rip off out there. I don't understand how they still exist. And good luck finding a place that excepts A.E.
    What he said!

I have a GM card that I pay off every month, no interest charges for me.

I got $2K off on my '96 K1500, '00 SS, and '04 Silverado. Got $2.5K in rebate
    on it now, I'm saving for a Camaro 'vert.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

does the gm cards 5% have a max yearly amt? is there a max lifetime amt on it?...........if u charge 20k a yr ( 4k on the card at 5%) ...so in 8 yrs or so u can get a GM car for FREE???????

u could do that every 8 yrs and never buy a car

Blue Cash in one the way.

LPM
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    does the gm cards 5% have a max yearly amt? is there a max lifetime amt on it?...........if u charge 20k a yr ( 4k on the card at 5%) ...so in 8 yrs or so u can get a GM car for FREE???????

u could do that every 8 yrs and never buy a car
    Yeah, there's limits. $500 a year in rebate, max of 7 years, $3500.

Newer members have different terms, I believe $2K max per car, but higher
    limits per year.

https://www.gmcard.com/GMCard/

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Best Credit card...

Cash..

If you dont have the cash for it now... You can not afford it...

(minus house loans and car loans)

white
    99 Trans am

as long as you pay off entire card balance monthly it is like using cash, except cash does not give you the extra perks that some credit cards offer. Some debit cards are getting better, but i still don't like a card that is tied directly to my bank account.

murdered out 06 z06

i hate credit cards. im 3800 deep in mine now

black
    00 camaross&02 trans am

OMG...i'm looking into that...wonder if they'd give me 5% on a $5k transfer??
    not on balance transfers looked into that myself also a fee for the balance transfer to back when i was looking into it.

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Im almost free from my credit card and will never use them again. Its gonna be all cash from now on

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

There isnt a good credit card. If you cant pay for it you shouldnt by it. This whole spending money that you dont have is a huge part of the reason this country is in the trouble that it is in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information