Thread: best car alarm?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

best car alarm?

I am looking into a new car alarm and was wondering which one to get. I have a 6mt so I cant use the remote start feature a lot of them have. Just don't know which one to get? Thanks

Metalic Navy Blue
    2001 Camaro Z28

if your are looking to stop theves from thaking your
    ride I suggest getting a grant steering wheel with release hub
    that allows you to remove the wheel, and thats the only thing
    that will stop a thef I have one on mine with an alarm theres
    pretty good one out there but i did'nt want to spend a couple or
    few hundreds for an alarm that my just slow a thef down so the
    best alarm is no steering wheel hope that helps
    www.fquick.com/dillard99
    SLP Lid,SLP Ram Induction,SLP Elbows,Headers Pacesetters Coated LT's, True Dual 3"Custom Pipes No Muffs /Cats,Put Me @ 346hp 358Tq Next TSP's
    Magic3 237in/242ex 112lsa SLP Underdrive,dual timing,Slp Oil Pump, Sphon Sway Bars,6point Roll Cage,Trick Flows =450+rwhp "Sold"

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

well i dnt think he was worried bout some1 stealin it just stealin anything they want in it

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

i have a viper5000,& w/out sounding cheezy its piece of mind...no worrying & checking on it.the 5000 model i have is a 2 way remote & notifies me on my remote via audio/video led display what is occuring.there are a ton of other features aswell..but the 2 way feature is what i needed

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

my boss has a car alarm on his hummer and it tells him from the remote wat part of the car is bein messed wit in detail also has like a 5 mile range it ran him like 1500

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Whatever alarm you get make sure it has it's own back-up battery...that way the alarm will go off if the power is interrupted. Some thieves will drill your car battery and wait until it drains...they won't be able to steal your car but they can ran sack the hell out of it.

I've had both a viper and a python (same as a viper but costs less) with 2-way pager...awesome alarm. I think the viper had like 4 accessory ports...you can add the stand alone battery, remote start, glass mic or whatever.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Whatever alarm you get make sure it has it's own back-up battery...that way the alarm will go off if the power is interrupted. Some thieves will drill your car battery and wait until it drains...they won't be able to steal your car but they can ran sack the hell out of it.

I've had both a viper and a python (same as a viper but costs less) with 2-way pager...awesome alarm. I think the viper had like 4 accessory ports...you can add the stand alone battery, remote start, glass mic or whatever.
    I have the python with 2way remote, window module (windows roll up when activated and perimitter sensor (carefull don't get to close). I like it.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post

I have the python with 2way remote, window module (windows roll up when activated) and perimitter sensor (carefull don't get to close). I like it.

I have a Viper (do not remember model) with the the two way paging and I love it, I would highly reconmend Viper.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Thanks I'll look into this one. How much for the system installed?

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

no idea, but I know there aren't many people who can do it, so you don't have to worry about some hack coming and bypassing it. each one is individual. if you take the plug out and leave with it, your car isn't moving unless they tow that B!tch. nothing works without the plug/key piece. Saying all that, all the wires under the hood are black so they can't be cut it out of the system. I read about them in a mag, and at that time they'd had 0 thefts of a car with the plug out.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    no idea, but I know there aren't many people who can do it, so you don't have to worry about some hack coming and bypassing it. each one is individual. if you take the plug out and leave with it, your car isn't moving unless they tow that B!tch. nothing works without the plug/key piece. Saying all that, all the wires under the hood are black so they can't be cut it out of the system. I read about them in a mag, and at that time they'd had 0 thefts of a car with the plug out.
    But this won't page you so you can go beat the shit out of the crook. Guess it would be cool to have this with the 2way alarm.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

look into a viper like mine...it has the 2 way led remote,all the advanced features & installed was `bout $450.

Thread Information