Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Thumbs down Best Buy = Suxor

Went to Best Buy.

Looked at car stereos, speakers, laptop computers, external hard drives, televisions, cameras, & phone.
    Spent over 45 mins. looking at all these items & passed many sales people standing idly talking to each other.
    Not one person asked if they could sell me something.

On the way out a manager asked me, "Did you find everything you need?"

I sais "Yes I did, I found 2 tvs, a laptop, a car stereo & a phone I want to buy, but none of your sales people wanted to sell them to me."

Won't be back for another 2 years I guess.

black
    1998 camaro

it's funny, there is one best buy that is like that here and then others that are great. I don't spend money at that one.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Went to Best Buy.

Looked at car stereos, speakers, laptop computers, external hard drives, televisions, cameras, & phone.
    Spent over 45 mins. looking at all these items & passed many sales people standing idly talking to each other.

I sais "Yes I did, I found 2 tvs, a laptop, a car stereo & a phone I want to buy, but none of your sales people wanted to sell them to me."

from what i understand, best buy sales people dont earn a commission. has its up side (no scum-bag salesmen like people), but also a downside i guess.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I guess......but I don't really think groups of 2 or 3 talking among themselves & ignoring potential customers is what they are getting paid to do.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

no, but without incentive to do much more, they probably wont, haha.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

when i went in there i was greeted at the door... then before i even got to the tv section an employee (some fat chick) asked me if i need help finding anything or have any questions...

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

And to think the executives at Circuit City laughed at Best Buy years ago saying that their business plan would never work. Hmmm...

Impulse Blurr
    2004 GTO

I'm going to best buy today to look at some binoculars. Last time I was there I closed a deal on a laptop and sold an extended warranty on an other while I was buying my laptop. I used to sell cars, I can't help it. I don't like sales people rushing me. I'm a hunter/gatherer.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd rather the sales people left me alone. Typically I've done my homework so they're not going to tell me anything I don't know about what I'm looking at. Don't call me.....I'll call you.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'd rather the sales people left me alone. Typically I've done my homework so they're not going to tell me anything I don't know about what I'm looking at. Don't call me.....I'll call you.
    Same here. I hate being bombarded when I walk into a store. I know what I want and if I need help finding it. I'll ask.

Blue
    2001 Formula Firehawk

I won't shop at Best Buy anymore, due to no customer service at all. I actually had a manager at the Best Buy in Loveland, CO follow me out of the store and get in my face in the parking lot. I informed their corp. office about it and all that was done was a slap on the wrist to him. I hope people get the clue and start burning down Best Buy's accross the nation.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

This.

Unless it's a hot chick, they can talk to the Q-mister all they want ALLL RIGHT!

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

im the same way. Go to HHGregg and they hound you like their life depends on the sale

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Word. Some of them don't know $hit of what they sell.

COTM July '09

BLK/BLK w/CGM Stripes
    2010 Camaro 2SS/M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    when i went in there i was greeted at the door... then before i even got to the tv section an employee (some fat chick) asked me if i need help finding anything or have any questions...
    she was probably trying to see if you had some cake on you lol

like Orion, I've done my homework before going in. Even if I didn't, most of the times I know more about their products than some of the idiots trying to act like they know it; I sometimes correct them; same with most auto salesman. The only time I trusted someone who seemed to know their shit was then I bought a digital camcorder, and although it was decent outside/etc. it sucks indoor/in low light. Should have returned it and beat his head in, but the wife liked the size and said we'll keep it.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Sas View Post
    I won't shop at Best Buy anymore, due to no customer service at all. I actually had a manager at the Best Buy in Loveland, CO follow me out of the store and get in my face in the parking lot. I informed their corp. office about it and all that was done was a slap on the wrist to him. I hope people get the clue and start burning down Best Buy's accross the nation.
    fuck that... i would have laid him out in the parking lot then tossed his bleeding body in the closest dumpster...

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Went to Best Buy.

So what you're saying, is you spent 45 minutes waiting for someone to come up to you and ask "can I help you", when all you had to do is go up to them and ask for help. Retarded.

Of course, you weren't really looking to buy anything, you just wanted something to complain about. If the scenario was reversed, you'd be on here posting how annoyed you were at Best Buy cause you were "just browsing and looking at tvs, laptops, car stereos and phones and every 5 minutes an employee kept asking me if I needed help. Leave me alone I'm just looking!!"

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

I can't remember what the thing was called but I went ther to get a part where I can run 2 towers but only use 1 mouse,keyboard and moniter. well when I got there of course no one knew what I was talking about anyway. Luckily another gamer/customer knew exactly what I wanted and helped me get the thingamajig I needed.

I run into alot of places like that, the employees have no clue about what is sold,how it works ect.

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    This reminds me. I was just in there last night, and I asked someone if they could get someone to help me in the Xbox department. So, they call this dude over, and I ask him if they sell or have ever sold something to transfer all your info from one hard drive to another. He said something about "...Bill Gates would have his ass covered...blah blah..." I dont even know what he meant by that. But he ended with "No, they dont make something like that."

Well, here it is, on Microsofts own Xbox website: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...amigration.htm

Fucking moron.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

It's that hard to pick something up off the shelf and take it to the cash register yourself?

This. Any place that has aggressive salesmen, I walk around with a scowl and they usually leave me alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information