View Poll Results: Whats your favorite amusement park?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cedar Point

43 46.74%
  • Kings Island

8 8.70%
  • Six Flags

20 21.74%
  • Other

21 22.83%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Best Amusement Parks......

What is your favorite amusement park?
    Headed to CedarPoint in a week and a half. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

In my opinion it's the best due to the fact they have 17 roller coasters in one park.3 are in the top 10 in the world. Not to mention it is right on Lake Erie.

If your into coasters I would HIGHLY recommend you plan a summer trip there.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...ters/index.cfm
    Last edited by LS2Tuner; 05-27-2007 at 01:56 PM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah i heard about cedar point...siiiiiiickkkk coasters... but i voted six flags becuase ive never been to cedar point and great adventure in new jersey has some amazing coatsers..like kinda ka

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I voted six flags cause its the only one like that I've been too

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Thats cool can't vote for something you haven't done.

I would tell you you won't regret spending the cash to go there. It will NEVER satisfy you to go to SixFlags again after going to CedarPoint.

I was SO DISAPOINTED when I moved out west thinking there would be at least a few amusement parks that would put CedarPoint to shame seeing that they could be open year round.
    Boy was I surprised when I went to Six Flags,Magic Mountain,&Knott'sBerry Farms.

You can't beat the old school wooden coasters that beat the hell out of you and keep you off the seat 70% of the ride.
    One of my favorite is the BlueStreak................"The Blue Streak is the oldest operating roller coaster at Cedar Point. But make no mistake about it - this "woodie" still provides a great ride! After cresting the 78-foot-tall lift hill, riders experience more than a half-dozen hills, a hairpin turn and maximum "airtime!" Named after a local high school sports team, the wooden Blue Streak has given nearly 55 million rides since its first summer 43 years ago. "

Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

15 views and only 3 votes....... I guess alot of people have NEVER been to a amusement park.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I voted 'other'. Being a Pennsylvania man at heart, I love Hershey Park. They have an amazing collection of rollercoasters that take the limelight because they aren't the biggest or the fastest, but the rides are just plain quality. The Comet (oldest coaster in the park) is my favorite wooden coaster there, or any park for that matter, and I believe it's actually my number one favorite, as well as the first rollercoaster I ever rode and enjoyed. Storm Runner is their newest, a launch coaster similar to Top Thrill Dragster at CP, but smaller, and only half the speed. You cannot beat 0-70 mph in 2.4 seconds short of going to cedar point and riding TTD. Lightning Racer, duelling and racing wooden coasters with steel-coaster smoothness, absolutely amazing ride for a woodie. The wildcat is a freaking kidney buster, i dislike that ride quite a bit. The great bear is another great ride, however, needed a better ending as there is a lot of straight track with nothing going on up to the brake section before the station. There are a host of other coasters there and they're all top-notch in my opinion. Combine that with the atmosphere of the family-oriented park and you have a winner. The only complaint I have is the pricing of certain things (food). Kinda outrageous, but what park isn't rediculous anymore?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I've been going to Amusement parks since the early 70s, nothing compares to Cedar Point! The best variety of coasters, and it is not a park with a theme like Disney Land or Six Flags, where it seems like all they try to do is sell you more of their crap you don't need to take home.
    When my younger brother and my Dad and I went one time, on our 3rd ride in a row on the Mineshaft roller coaster, he got on and walked right through the car, he did not want to do it again! I think he was about 6 years old, very funny!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I've been going to Amusement parks since the early 70s, nothing compares to Cedar Point! The best variety of coasters, and it is not a park with a theme like Disney Land or Six Flags, where it seems like all they try to do is sell you more of their crap you don't need to take home.
    When my younger brother and my Dad and I went one time, on our 3rd ride in a row on the Mineshaft roller coaster, he got on and walked right through the car, he did not want to do it again! I think he was about 6 years old, very funny!
    Yeah we have taken friends before that talk BIG sh_t the whole way there and ride the Magnum or even the Gemini once and get off puking!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

I remember when I was too short to ride the roller coasters I LOVED the Antique Cars. It was my favorite.Almost like I was really driving.

"The Antique Car ride was built in 1969 and is located in Frontiertown near the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. One of three car rides at Cedar Point, the Antique Cars are three-quarter scale replicas of 1910 Cadillac Touring Cars that travel over a nicely landscaped one-quarter mile roadway."

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post

I would tell you you won't regret spending the cash to go there. It will NEVER satisfy you to go to SixFlags again after going to CedarPoint.

I was SO DISAPOINTED when I moved out west thinking there would be at least a few amusement parks that would put CedarPoint to shame seeing that they could be open year round.
    Boy was I surprised when I went to Six Flags,Magic Mountain,&Knott'sBerry Farms.

You can't beat the old school wooden coasters that beat the hell out of you and keep you off the seat 70% of the ride.
    One of my favorite is the BlueStreak................"The Blue Streak is the oldest operating roller coaster at Cedar Point. But make no mistake about it - this "woodie" still provides a great ride! After cresting the 78-foot-tall lift hill, riders experience more than a half-dozen hills, a hairpin turn and maximum "airtime!" Named after a local high school sports team, the wooden Blue Streak has given nearly 55 million rides since its first summer 43 years ago. "
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    strapp in tight because you are off you seat tyhe whole time just about. the up and downs hurt the back to but always fun.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    strapp in tight because you are off you seat tyhe whole time just about. the up and downs hurt the back to but always fun.
    I've had many drunken trips there....... We would put your fists in between your thighs and the bars they push down on your legs and as soon as you start climbing that first hill undo the seat belt. It's great you almost have to hold yourself in. I can ride it 3-4 times in arow. Usually nice short line cause all the kids don't want to ride some "old slow wood coaster"...... little do they know.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Yeah... where are cedarpoint parks? Haven't heard of them around here... just a west coast thing I guess?

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Yeah... where are cedarpoint parks? Haven't heard of them around here... just a west coast thing I guess?
    I wish it was out west here!! It's located in Northern Ohio. It's a 4-5 hour drive from Indy.

Sandusky is the largest city in Erie County, Ohio and serves as the county seat. The population was 27,844 at the 2000 census. It is situated on the shores of Lake Erie, half-way between Toledo to the west and Cleveland to the east. It is the principal city of the Sandusky metropolitan statistical area.

Sandusky is one of Ohio's most popular tourist destinations. The city is home to the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, an amusement park and entertainment management company, as well as its flagship amusement park, Cedar Point. Cedar Point features the world's second tallest and second fastest roller coaster, Top Thrill Dragster.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I remember when I was too short to ride the roller coasters I LOVED the Antique Cars. It was my favorite.Almost like I was really driving.

"The Antique Car ride was built in 1969 and is located in Frontiertown near the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. One of three car rides at Cedar Point, the Antique Cars are three-quarter scale replicas of 1910 Cadillac Touring Cars that travel over a nicely landscaped one-quarter mile roadway."
    Here's a secret of mine: I still like driving the antique cars!!!!! Go ahead, laugh.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

kings island!!!FTW

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

I have to say, you are all wrong.

Oktoberfest in Munich is the GREATEST!!! Yes, it has a theme, a BEER theme!!
    They have a couple rollercoasters too, not huge like the ones here in the states, but fun after a couple liters.

However, I may just have to find a way to visit Cedar point. 17 Coasters? Damn!

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Here's a secret of mine: I still like driving the antique cars!!!!! Go ahead, laugh.
    I'm going to cruise in them next week!! Haven't drove them for at least 12 years. Here is some #'s on riders.......Ridership
    2006 388,980
    2005 477,954
    2004 460,501
    2003 441,522
    2002 484,873
    2001 492,908
    2000 489,401
    1999 507,276
    1998 549,141
    1997 548,961
    1996 496,579

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    I have to say, you are all wrong.

Oktoberfest in Munich is the GREATEST!!! Yes, it has a theme, a BEER theme!!
    They have a couple rollercoasters too, not huge like the ones here in the states, but fun after a couple liters.

However, I may just have to find a way to visit Cedar point. 17 Coasters? Damn!
    Oktoberfest sounds like a blast!!Hopefully be making a trip there is the next few years.

Yeah cheak out CedarPoint for sure! Make sure you go at least 2 days. There is too many rides to do it in one day. We usually go during the week for shorter lines.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Cedar Point ftw! That place has the craziest coatsers no doubt!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

monday and weds there two slowest days.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

If you go there on a saturday.... your waiting for 4 hours a ride. F that.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information