White
    '10 ZR1

Bengals Henry passes today

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091217/..._bengals_henry

I didn't have the greatest opinion of the guy, but he didn't need to die.

Sad day.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that sucks...

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i saw this last night late, very sad. i wanna know what happened.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

yup, sucks.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    i saw this last night late, very sad. i wanna know what happened.
    You mean you saw that he fell out of the truck last night right? He didn't die until 6:36 this morning.....

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    You mean you saw that he fell out of the truck last night right? He didn't die until 6:36 this morning.....
    at 2 am eastern my buddy got a yahoo update that homicide was called to investigate. so i'm guess he may have been on life support or something.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

wow.....that sucks.

anyone know the whole story that can shrink it down to a few lines? Something between him, his fiance, and another guy right?

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

They were talking about it on the radio this morning.

He and his fiancee had been arguing about wedding plans, she gets in truck and starts to drive off, and he jumps in bed. He proceeded to try and get in the back window and yell "We need to talk, we need to talk" while she said "I don't want to talk" (all heard from a nearby neighbor who was outside). Then shortly after, he was found lying in the road about a half a block down the street.

I am pretty sure I heard them saying, on the radio, that he said "Fine I'll just jump out and kill myself", but I missed a portion of the commentary. It might have been one of those things where he was upset and just said it to make her feel bad, and didn't actually mean to hurt himself. I'll see if I can find more on the story.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

CHARLOTTE — In the last conscious moments of Chris Henry's life, the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver begged the woman who has been credited for helping turn his life around to stop so they could talk or he would kill himself, a witness said.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police verified that a domestic dispute jump-started the turn of events that led to fatal injuries Henry sustained after falling from a moving pickup Wednesday. Henry, who had a troubled past, was on medical leave visiting with his fiancée Loleini Tonga's family when the fight began Wednesday afternoon.

They were to be wed in March.

Tonga's neighbor, Lee Hardy, was perched on a 15-foot ladder cutting back some trees when he saw the yellow pickup "zooming" up the Tongas' gravel driveway just a few yards away.

Hardy said a shirtless black man clung to the top and side of the truck while standing in the bed, begging her to stop the vehicle.

"He was banging on the top, on the doors, screaming at the lady, 'We need to talk,'" Hardy said. "He said, 'If you take off, I'm going to jump off the truck and kill myself.'"

Hardy said she stopped, hesitating at the end of the driveway, and took off.

Soon afterward, emergency dispatchers got at least two calls to 911.

One came from a woman driving behind the truck.

"I'm driving behind a yellow F-150, there's a black man on it with no shirt, he's got his arm in a cast," the woman said. "He's beating on the truck … I don't know if he's trying to break in it or something crazy."

Then this call: "I need an ambulance now," a man said when he called dispatch. "There's a man laying in the road … he looks dead, there's no movement."

The caller went on to tell dispatchers that a crowd of people were standing around Henry. Someone was taking his pulse.

The spot where Henry hit the pavement was just a half-mile from the Tonga family home. According to police, Tonga stopped immediately and rushed to his side.

"She pulled the vehicle over to get out and help," said Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer Rosalyn Harrington.

No charges were filed Thursday by police in connection with the incident.

"Even though this is a high-profile case, we are treating it like any other case in Charlotte," Harrington said.

About 6:30 a.m. Thursday, after hours of hoping and praying by family, friends and fans for a miraculous recovery, Henry died at Carolinas Medical Center south of downtown Charlotte.

He left behind three children. He and Tonga had two children together, Chris Jr., 2, and DeMarcus, 1.

Few details of the police investigation have been released. As reporters flocked to Charlotte, neighbors of the Tonga family watched the circus unfold outside their front doors.

Hardy said the Tongas have been great neighbors, occupying three properties that surround his. The Tongas' son often mows his grass without being asked, he said.

He and other neighbors mention that the family has held large luaus at their home, which they attended – with roasting pigs and hula dancing.

"They came and got my girls for trick-or-treat and a big Easter egg hunt," said Jamie Dunn, who is friends with Loleini Tonga's sister and lives across the street.

"They are just a really friendly family," Dunn said.

Neither the Tongas nor the Henrys have released statements to The Enquirer since Henry died. Henry's agent, David Lee, said they are devastated by his death.

The injuries he sustained are a mystery at this point. Hospital officials would not even say Henry had been treated there Wednesday.

According to an investigator with the local medical examiner in Charlotte, Henry's body had not been received by their office or the morgue at by mid-day Thursday. She was not sure if it would arrive Thursday night.

Once the body is received preliminary details like cause of death may be available as soon as Friday, she said.

The Cincinnati Enquirer is owned by Gannett, parent company of USA TODAY
    This is the full story - with some highlighted bits for cliff notes

Black
    99 SS

so will she be charged? anyone think so?

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

no i think he jumped out of the truck on his own, landed badly and ended up dying.

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post
    no i think he jumped out of the truck on his own, landed badly and ended up dying.
    He should have practiced his PLFs more

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post

true im sure he did, but if the situation was in reverse im sure charges would be filed against the male

Thread Information