Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Being an old man has its benefits

Well Allen Nelson and I did some tuning yesterday. Air/Fuel mainly.....Allen hops in the passenger seat and I'm driving. He has his laptop and is playing with the newest version of HPTuners (way over my head)....so we are driving and Allen is tuning. Now his shop is way on the southside of San Antonio....long 4 lane divided highway and hardly any traffic at all at 11 am in the morning. He gets it where he wants it and we pull over to make a few dead stop WOT runs to check fuel trims/shift points etc. etc. I launch her from the shoulder of the road and run her up to like 105mph ( about 6 seconds) and shut it down and slow down to 55mph...then a couple of 60mph punches and we are done. Drop Allen off at the shop....talk to his brother for a second and head for home.
    I get less than a half mile from his shop and I got a Sherrifs car on my ass...lights flashing....I'm like WTF? I'm doing the speed limit just cruising....I pull over and I'll be damned if here come two more cops....all pull behind him......Cop walks up and ask for my drivers license/registration/insurance blah blah blah......he goes back to his car and is talking to all the other cops....I assume they are running me through the computer to see if I am a mass murderer.....one of the other cops comes up and ask me to open the hood....so I do....he shits himself....goes back to the other cops....I'm just standing there on the side of the road...lit up a smoke.....they all come walking finally after like 5 minutes.....give me back all my stuff...and ask if I was "racing" on HWY281 about 30 minutes ago...I tell em we were tuning the car and I made a couple of short burst to check the fuel trims...and yes I did run it up to over 100mph for a few seconds....but I assured them nothing nor any cars were within site and I would never endanger anybody by stupid driving....You should have seen the looks on these kids face......finally one of them said we'll we appreciate your honesty but we are required to ticket you and impound the car....I tell him do what you got to do officer.....The other cops say they need to talk and they all walk back and are all on the radio and talking to each other....now I've been on the side of the road for half an hour by now....
    Well kiss my ass if here comes another cop car.....I see immediately it is some honcho...got gold on his hat.....he talks to them and comes up to me....went through the same exercise with him...told him what I was doing and why.....he tells me...OK...here is the deal.....don't do that shit on public roads ever again.....said the mayors wife was going the opposite direction when we launched and it scared the shit out of her....and she called the cops......so I got no ticket no nothing...Cops were all cool and just drooled over the Goat.....thought I'd share

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

nice whats your goat pushing to the wheels now sarge? I love how you lit up a C on the side of the road..you must be a true American bad ass and whats this i hear about a vette??? will i have to delete your quote from my sig now sarge???
    mods- suncoast creations hood with functional lt1 style airbox, ls6 intake, QTP longtube headers, QTP ORY, UMI SFC, Adj. LCA with relo brackets, UMI adj. panhard bar, Koni SA and strano springs,Torq Thrust M 17s 9.5 and 10.5 with nitto 555Rs, tuned by Frost
    Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    sometimes you get owned, sometimes you own.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

all i can picture is stevie ray vaughan leaning up against a gto with a lopy idle....AWESOME SARGE! just like shady said too, the cig is bad ass!!!
    Last edited by secondgearscratch; 06-30-2007 at 04:53 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    .....said the mayors wife was going the opposite direction when we launched and it scared the shit out of her....and she called the cops......so I got no ticket no nothing...Cops were all cool and just drooled over the Goat.....thought I'd share
    Thats great.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

dude you get out of some big tickets lol, good to see you back and i wanna see pics of your car i have managed only to see one on here in 8 months
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 05-05-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

driving... in the opp. direction on the e-way.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Sitting at a light on Main Street on the bike
    Old lady next to me
    Tagged the throttle
    Scared the living shit outta her & she hits the gas.....runs the light.....crashes into the building across the street

Funniest damned thing I've seen in awhile

Yeah....they wanted to arrest me too

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Old lady next to me
    Tagged the throttle
    Scared the living shit outta her & she hits the gas.....runs the light.....crashes into the building across the street

how did u get away ???

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Old lady next to me
    Tagged the throttle

holy shit thats the funniest thing ive ever heard haha

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    he said no cars in sight
    There are lanes on the other side of the highway where I come from.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Great story, and just goes to show that there are some really cool law enforcement officers out there too.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Great story, and just goes to show that there are some really cool law enforcement officers out there too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    There are lanes on the other side of the highway where I come from.
    i thought he meant none anywhere....i stand corrected

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    they sure are...one time when a was a teen I got off work had some drinks was headed to another town to cruise around with some friends and come around a curve sideways and a cop was sitting on the side of the road. He pulled me over (I hid the drink at my feet) asked me what was my hurry ? I told him just got off work headed to Copperhill to ride around. He just looked at my license and told me to be more careful coming around those curves.
    It was the city police if it would have been the State Patrol I think it would have been a different story.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    how did u get away ???
    Well a smart man doesn't wait around for them to show up

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

your my hero!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

good story...i think it was just that...sarge is pulling' an inverted lawdog

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    nice whats your goat pushing to the wheels now sarge? I love how you lit up a C on the side of the road..you must be a true American bad ass and whats this i hear about a vette??? will i have to delete your quote from my sig now sarge???
    Yup....got a mint old C4...stock as your Grandma's panties......this is her sitting behind the GTO yesterday.....

When I said that I meant alot of the Vette guys think they are special cuz they have a vette....whoopdifuckingdo.....

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Guys....it is a 4 lane highway...2 lanes in each direction separated by about a football field of grassy median.....I didn't bullshit nobody....told em yep it was me.....they were probably all in their late 20's except for the honcho that showed up and he was like 50..(punk ass kid).....good kids out doing their job so I aint gonna cause them any grief.....I think I caught em off guard by being so honest with them and being an old codger driving that car......I'm sure they are used to getting lied to about everything.....

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Guys....it is a 4 lane highway...2 lanes in each direction separated by about a football field of grassy median.....I didn't bullshit nobody....told em yep it was me.....they were probably all in their late 20's except for the honcho that showed up and he was like 50..(punk ass kid).....good kids out doing their job so I aint gonna cause them any grief.....I think I caught em off guard by being so honest with them and being an old codger driving that car......I'm sure they are used to getting lied to about everything.....
    yea cops usually are surprised when ppl are so honest with them lol.
    i got pulled over the other day, and i got a speeding ticket. 14 over, and she said she had to write me a ticket. i was just like, "yea i know i was speeding and it was wrong, im sorry about that. i completely understand, ur just doin ur job" and she was like huh? why isnt he angry about getting a ticket she even apologized afterwards, and when my dad brought in my fine to the p.d., she told him she was really sorry for writing me a ticket and if the whole town wasnt on the p.d.'s ass about ppl speeding, she would have let me go.

some cops are real cool.

also, last night, i did some stupid stuff that probably deserved about 4 or 5 tickets... cops showed up at 2am, told me about the complaints, i was 100% honest about it, and they almost shit their pants that i didnt try to deny it. they looked at each other and finally one goes "well, lets just take this as a learning experience, and hopefully we dont meet again unless its something good"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information